Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:22 pm
Here you go.
That's only half of the support the other half of the stand was full

cromwells ghost

Re: Notts County FC (A)

Post by cromwells ghost »

Main Stand SeasonTct wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:24 pm
A Notts County fans opinion of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyGLYSMN92c
Could only watch 1 minute of this absolute crap he can not been at the game ,we out played them with football for years I have seen teams play Barrow and been less ethical than us, we have grown up and other teams will have to live with it, and at the end of the day be man enough to say we were beaten by the better team.

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

Yep a typical fan's reaction to a beating they weren't really expecting made just after the game without too much reflection. Underplay the quality of the opposition and put it down to your own lot having a bad day. After the first minute the gobby bloke does start to inadvertently give us more credit. He also accuses us of being "direct" (meaning basic, unsophisticated, lacking in class) but then accuses his own side of not being "direct" (meaning penetrative, adventurous and threatening). No wonder people have problems with the English language.

To be fair to County some of the comments responding to the YouTube clip are rather scathing about his dismissive comments. If there was a difference in the physicality of the two teams that was because County in the main did not get stuck in and allowed us to boss them. And anyone that thinks you can escape this Division without having some bite, particularly in midfield clearly doesn't understand what National League football is about.

Last word probably goes to a Forest Fan who was stood in front of me who, admittedly with a slightly wicked smile agreed that we had completely outclassed County and that some of our football would have graced the proper Nottingham club across the road.

JammyBluebird
Veteran Member

Post by JammyBluebird »

Moribund wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:29 am
Matty wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:00 am
Highlights
https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/ma ... /1-4488131
The difference between September's Angus and November's Angus is incredible - shows what a bit of confidence can do for some players.
And i remember someone on here saying he's "not a footballer" :lol:

Matty
Platinum Member

Post by Matty »

Solihull manager Tim Flowers stating we're clear favourites.

https://youtu.be/DCcUW_INDgg
Popular side since '03.

Conference North Champions 2014-15

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

JammyBluebird wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:53 pm
Moribund wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:29 am

The difference between September's Angus and November's Angus is incredible - shows what a bit of confidence can do for some players.
And i remember someone on here saying he's "not a footballer" :lol:
Heard that so many times at Holker Street too

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

I didn’t think Angus would be good enough for a team with play off aspirations based on his early season form and his spell last season; happy to admit I was very wrong if he carries on scoring all season

Alley_Cat
Veteran Member

Post by Alley_Cat »

Suffolk Blue wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:22 pm
Yep a typical fan's reaction to a beating they weren't really expecting made just after the game without too much reflection. Underplay the quality of the opposition and put it down to your own lot having a bad day. After the first minute the gobby bloke does start to inadvertently give us more credit. He also accuses us of being "direct" (meaning basic, unsophisticated, lacking in class) but then accuses his own side of not being "direct" (meaning penetrative, adventurous and threatening). No wonder people have problems with the English language.

To be fair to County some of the comments responding to the YouTube clip are rather scathing about his dismissive comments. If there was a difference in the physicality of the two teams that was because County in the main did not get stuck in and allowed us to boss them. And anyone that thinks you can escape this Division without having some bite, particularly in midfield clearly doesn't understand what National League football is about.

Last word probably goes to a Forest Fan who was stood in front of me who, admittedly with a slightly wicked smile agreed that we had completely outclassed County and that some of our football would have graced the proper Nottingham club across the road.
Love that about the Forest fan :D :D

Main Stand SeasonTct

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:40 pm
I didn’t think Angus would be good enough for a team with play off aspirations based on his early season form and his spell last season; happy to admit I was very wrong if he carries on scoring all season
There is a lot more to Dior Angus than just scoring goals. He pulls defenders all over the place with his pace creating space for others to exploit. That was self evident when we missed his presence against Sutton.
Last edited by Main Stand SeasonTct on Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

Non league paper-

“Brilliant Barrow are top of the table”

Here’s some match stats-

Shots on target

Notts- 0
Barrow- 8

Despite the fact we’ve won 11 of the last 12 games and are the leagues leading goal scorers, there is some surprise that we are top. Carry on under the radar Barrow.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:40 pm
Nor did I when I saw him for the first time at Woking. He obviously was quick but he was weak, his control was poor and he couldn't hit a barn door. He wasn't much better at Aldershot and I felt the same as yourself but the next time I saw him at Ebbsfleet he looked a bit better and then at Bromley he played really well. It seems as though he has got better and better since then and is now finishing well. At this level pace is a huge advantage and I agree with whoever said earlier that confidence can also make a huge difference so long may it continue.

Mark Johnson
Silver Member

Post by Mark Johnson »

Quigs doesn't look offside .. Tried to pause it just at the pass was made but paused half a sec too late and he's still onside!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.17.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.17.01 PM.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 674 times

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Mark Johnson wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:24 pm
Quigs doesn't look offside .. Tried to pause it just at the pass was made but paused half a sec too late and he's still onside!
I think you should get a job on the VAR team! :lol: :lol: :lol:

geobarrovian

Post by geobarrovian »

Mark Johnson wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:24 pm
It didn't look offside in real time at the game yesterday either, was a bad call from the assistant referee, thankfully it made next to no difference in the end.

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Lancaster Branch wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:23 am
barrowfan wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:57 am

There's also a Santa Dash in Barrow town centre on Saturday afternoon.
On November 23rd?? Good grief.
I think one of the ideas is to get people into the town centre at this time so they can buy their presents and help the local economy.