Hadrian
Gold Member

Re: Notts County FC (A)

Post by Hadrian »

russell_anderson wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 pm
HenneysKnee wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:40 pm
I didn’t think Angus would be good enough for a team with play off aspirations based on his early season form and his spell last season; happy to admit I was very wrong if he carries on scoring all season
Nor did I when I saw him for the first time at Woking. He obviously was quick but he was weak, his control was poor and he couldn't hit a barn door. He wasn't much better at Aldershot and I felt the same as yourself but the next time I saw him at Ebbsfleet he looked a bit better and then at Bromley he played really well. It seems as though he has got better and better since then and is now finishing well. At this level pace is a huge advantage and I agree with whoever said earlier that confidence can also make a huge difference so long may it continue.
I think we also need to credit the management/coaching team for the way players are improving.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

Hadrian wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:47 pm
russell_anderson wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:21 pm
Nor did I when I saw him for the first time at Woking. He obviously was quick but he was weak, his control was poor and he couldn't hit a barn door. He wasn't much better at Aldershot and I felt the same as yourself but the next time I saw him at Ebbsfleet he looked a bit better and then at Bromley he played really well. It seems as though he has got better and better since then and is now finishing well. At this level pace is a huge advantage and I agree with whoever said earlier that confidence can also make a huge difference so long may it continue.
I think we also need to credit the management/coaching team for the way players are improving.
Completely agree. Players at this level don't play the type of football Barrow are doing without very, very good coaching. I've seen a couple of really good Barrow teams in non-league football - Vic Halom's team and Ray Wilkie's team - but I'd say that the current team is the best non-league Barrow team I've seen. It is certainly the most attractive and that must be down to the coaching. This really is a team worth watching and I'm looking forward to the next game I can see at Maidenhead to see if they have got even better. The Paul Cox team was very effective but a typical long ball National League side. This team plays football as it should be played which is on the ground!

Aandaleeb

Post by Aandaleeb »

Praise Indeed. From Notts County Forum
"Notts were second best in every aspect of the game, but today I have to give the credit for that largely to Barrow. They were all over us like a rash and are clearly a very well organised side with some excellent young players. I think their performance today would have beaten most League Two sides and quite a few League One sides. They didn't give us a chance to breathe, let alone play. On that evidence they are by some distance the strongest team in this league, but I notice their squad is quite small, so their long-term prospects may depend on their luck with injuries and their ability to keep their best players."

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

View of first half goals from the home end. Warning a little bit of swearing, but good to see the goals from another angle.

https://youtu.be/dk5cE0z_Cds
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian »

Goodness - what a lot of angry old men. Perhaps Notts County can offer some sort of counselling or serve chamomile tea in the tea bars?

Matt

Post by Matt »

Hadrian wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:32 pm
Goodness - what a lot of angry old men. Perhaps Notts County can offer some sort of counselling or serve chamomile tea in the tea bars?
Have you been to Holker Street?!

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member

Post by Lancaster Branch »

barrowfan wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:46 pm
Lancaster Branch wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:23 am

On November 23rd?? Good grief.
I think one of the ideas is to get people into the town centre at this time so they can buy their presents and help the local economy.
My comment still stands, tbfl.

LewisBAFC1901

Post by LewisBAFC1901 »

Great limbs in the Away end , lads down 5/6 rows , on back of chairs pyros going off. This how much it means. Back the boys Saturday off the field again. ABAW

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian »

Matt wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:14 pm
Hadrian wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:32 pm
Have you been to Holker Street?!
The home of reasoned and thoughtful comment...

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Lancaster Branch wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 pm
barrowfan wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:46 pm

I think one of the ideas is to get people into the town centre at this time so they can buy their presents and help the local economy.
You should have a wander around Barrow. At least a couple of dozen houses with illuminations already on and numerous Christmas trees in numerous windows! :lol: :lol: :lol:

John_Bucks
Bluebirds Prediction League Champion 2017/18

Post by John_Bucks »

barrowfan wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:48 am
Lancaster Branch wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:37 pm

You should have a wander around Barrow. At least a couple of dozen houses with illuminations already on and numerous Christmas trees in numerous windows! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Our house is one of them! Once Bommy night is done it’s Christmas o’clock 👍🏻

P.S. anyone else still buzzing that we are top of the league?! Can’t stop smiling.
Life is always better when it's better

Richard Ingham
Platinum Member

Post by Richard Ingham »

John_Bucks wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:08 pm

P.S. anyone else still buzzing that we are top of the league?! Can’t stop smiling.
Yep. Still keep looking at the league table on the BBC site too just to make sure it hasnt changed and that we are still top.
"Barrow produces world class feats of engineering on a regular basis. Kettering produces Weetabix" - @bafc_lancaster

"Danny Livesey collects stitches like nectar points" - @bafc_lancaster

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

Richard Ingham wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:33 pm
John_Bucks wrote:

Yep. Still keep looking at the league table on the BBC site too just to make sure it hasnt changed and that we are still top.
Saturday night I froze the tv screen so when I woke up Sunday morning----there it was!!!!! It hadn't been a dream. 😂

Steelworks End
Platinum Member

Post by Steelworks End »

Can you freeze it to the end of April, please? :scarf:

Angela
Gold Member

Post by Angela »

John_Bucks wrote:

grinning the whole time - it's fantastic :scarf:
thoroughly enjoyable drive home from Nottingham on Saturday evening