BARROW V BARNET match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
blue nige
Gold Member

Re: BARROW V BARNET match thread

Post by blue nige »

Another solid performance should have been 4 or 5 nil before their goal felt sorry for Brown because he'd played ok Hardcastle and Rooney were both outstanding anyway top of the league Chorley next happy days!

Steelworks End
Platinum Member

Post by Steelworks End »

Jonty wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:19 pm
After being on top for 85 mins last 5 was heart in mouth.
Earlier in the season - before the 2-1 win at Aldershot - conceding a late goal would definitely have people worried. And indeed we would have dropped two points at Aldershot had it not been for Joel Dixon's penalty save at the end of the match.

But since then, a stronger and more determined Barrow side has emerged, and there is more confidence in our ability to hang on. At Dagenham, for example, the 2-0 lead looked increasingly fragile as the players tired visibly after two long away trips, but somehow the 12th man (us, the supporters) knew we'd get over the line.

Yes, it would be good to build up a bigger lead; 2-0 can easily become 2-1, with the opponents fired up for a final push. But hey, let's not be too critical; we're well on the way towards the second attempt at our record for consecutive league victories.

Oh, and we're top of the league for the second week running. Good times indeed. :scarf:

Bombadel

Post by Bombadel »

Nigel Bamford wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:38 pm
Scouts there looking at Platt, Adam believes.
That’s concerning, quality defender who we need, I wonder where the scouts were from and if they’re from the upper leagues then would it be a straight forward case of temping him away?

Fazered
Bronze Member

Post by Fazered »

OK who stole the barrier?
OK who stole the barrier?
IMG_20191123_164223.jpg (5.33 MiB) Viewed 880 times
Sometimes you just need to hoof it :scarf:

Walneywanderer1979

Post by Walneywanderer1979 »

For 80 mins we were the only team in the game a final nervy 10 mins when the game should of been over but this is the test of a good team a decent crowd it would be nice to pull in over 2k for the remaining wkend games this year onwards and upwards

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

Bombadel wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:22 pm
Nigel Bamford wrote:
That’s concerning, quality defender who we need, I wonder where the scouts were from and if they’re from the upper leagues then would it be a straight forward case of temping him away?
Evatt said he’s here till January then Blackburn could recall but Platt wants to stay here and his agent wants him to stay here

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 »

No, he is here for the season but Blackburn have the right to recall in January if they wish.

Hope Platt wants to stay so let’s hope that for once the player will get his wish

sambino
Veteran Member

Post by sambino »

Bombadel wrote:
Nigel Bamford wrote:
Carlisle trying to unsettle us!!

Bombadel

Post by Bombadel »

Adam29 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:49 pm
No, he is here for the season but Blackburn have the right to recall in January if they wish.

Hope Platt wants to stay so let’s hope that for once the player will get his wish
Thanks for the info, so a league 2 and above club could put a request in in January with the promise of better opposition and I guess it’d be primarily down to the parent club but also asking the player/agent how they feel

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 »

Bombadel wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:55 pm
Adam29 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:49 pm

Thanks for the info, so a league 2 and above club could put a request in in January with the promise of better opposition and I guess it’d be primarily down to the parent club but also asking the player/agent how they feel
I don’t think opposition would come into question, financial maybe

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Also as IE said in his post match interview "do players want to stay here and play, or move to a higher league side and sit on the bench or not even be chosen at all?"

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

Steelworks End wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:03 pm
Earlier in the season - before the 2-1 win at Aldershot - conceding a late goal would definitely have people worried. And indeed we would have dropped two points at Aldershot had it not been for Joel Dixon's penalty save at the end of the match.
But since then, a stronger and more determined Barrow side has emerged
The thing that has emerged since then is Matt Platt! Let's hope we can keep him until the end of the season.
Last edited by russell_anderson on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE »

sambino wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:50 pm
Bombadel wrote:

Carlisle trying to unsettle us!!
Do me a favour, Carlisle could'nt afford to sign me :scarf:

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

About platt, it was touched on last night that clubs trust evatt to take thier players and play the right way.
Could be a team in higher league looking at him bit it has to suit his development and Blackburn.

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Thought today was a great game with both sides playing attractive football. Barrow bossed most of it but then became a bit nervous following Barnet's goal.
I was sat next to a guy who said he hadn't been for years because of the hoofball football that we were all used to. He was highly impressed with today, said he will come again, and encourage others to do the same.
In the past Barrow sides have failed to impress when we have a big gate but this time they did, playing attractive football, with Rooney's goal outstanding.
Ian Evatt mentioned that the stadium was quiet for most of the match, unlike the support we all hear at away matches. Any chance we can get the away choir to perform at home as well?
Each and every player gave their all today and hopefully will continue to do so. A potential banana skin on Tuesday but I've no doubt Mr. Evatt will be stressing that too. Well done to each and every player and the staff as well. :scarf: