BARROW V BARNET match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
daltonafc

Re: BARROW V BARNET match thread

Post by daltonafc »

Unfortunately some of the away singers are busy doing other things on a home game to get the singing going but this should be the time for others to get the place bouncing

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member

Post by Lancaster Branch »

Utterly comfortable for 84 minutes then things got a bit squeaky but we survived intact.

Atmosphere wise, very flat. Shout out to the bloke on the Popular Side listening to his radio app on his phone which was so loud you could here it word for word 10+ yards away. Such a shame that earphones have been uninvented.

kikka

Post by kikka »

Well done again - a good win and a decent crowd . More of both needed.

Chorley next, who started the season badly but who have won their last two and will be 'on the up' mentally .

But as long as we avoid any thoughts of complacency ( easier to say than to do, of course ) and continue to battle and do our jobs as we should, with a bit of luck we can
keep this great run going . For this evening , we can relax and enjoy the feeling of being top of the league. It can go on a good bit longer yet if we keep working hard. :scarf:
Last edited by kikka on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First match : Barrow v Northampton Town : Sat. 24th Sept. 1960 ... won 1-0... ( which was nice )

CH BAFC

Post by CH BAFC »

Good win today, me and my mates did try to get people singing some chants but it seems like most or not the majority are not interested in raising their voices in the wilkie stand past the trust shop, did get the crossbar going after though haha. Need a drum too get a proper atmosphere going! apart from that what a good day, props for taylor coming on with his zorro mask and going straight for a header, proper player and made of stone still top of the league and onto chorley.
Last edited by CH BAFC on Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member

Post by Dalton Bluebird »

CH BAFC wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:55 pm
Good win today, me and my mates did try to get people singing some chants but it seems like most or not the majority are not interested in raising their voices in the wilkie stand past the trust shop, did get the crossbar going after though haha. Need a drum and some smoke grenades, get a proper atmosphere going! apart from that what a good day, props for taylor coming on with his zorro mask and going straight for a header, proper player and made of stone still top of the league and onto chorley.
If you get smoke grenades, you’ll end up in court and get banned from the ground. Sorry to spoil your day :scarf: :scarf:
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

CH BAFC

Post by CH BAFC »

Twas just a joke, just need something to get the crowd roaring, feels like a ghost town at the minute.
Last edited by CH BAFC on Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

Im still not a fan of Glad All Over. Not for me at all. Some in the Main Stand join in enthusiastically but my watching brief over to the Pop side, I don’t see too many joining in with the hand claps.

That said, it remains one of the biggest challenges- to create an atmosphere at home games to support this great side. They deserve it.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

It's getting better

ant
Gold Member

Post by ant »

:D And of course, away fans are helped a little by the intake of a few beverages and in a tighter group ... ;) Fantastic result again from the lads and management. hopefully my game time is tuesday night. :scarf:
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 10 n 3 /4 :skill:

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

ant wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:13 am
:D And of course, away fans are helped a little by the intake of a few beverages and in a tighter group ... ;) Fantastic result again from the lads and management. hopefully my game time is tuesday night. :scarf:
Always comes back to this. Why do you need to have a drink or be an away fan to back your team vocally? It should be there, lifting the team at home as they do away.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

ant
Gold Member

Post by ant »

Jonty wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:17 am
ant wrote:
Always comes back to this. Why do you need to have a drink or be an away fan to back your team vocally? It should be there, lifting the team at home as they do away.
Its not a criticsm jonty. It was meant as light hearted mate. Always back the lads vocally at home . :scarf:
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 10 n 3 /4 :skill:

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

Jonty wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:17 am
ant wrote:
Come and stand in middle of the most likely singer area of ground and start some songs Jonty

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Jonty wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:06 am
Im still not a fan of Glad All Over. Not for me at all. Some in the Main Stand join in enthusiastically but my watching brief over to the Pop side, I don’t see too many joining in with the hand claps.

That said, it remains one of the biggest challenges- to create an atmosphere at home games to support this great side. They deserve it.
Apparently it's Evatt that requested 'Glad All Over'!

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian »

Lancaster Branch wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 pm
Shout out to the bloke on the Popular Side listening to his radio app on his phone which was so loud you could here it word for word 10+ yards away. Such a shame that earphones have been uninvented.
His phone??!!

Sounded like a ghetto blaster on his shoulder.

Old school. (At least it wasn't Radio 6 Music he was listening to.)
boyliegladbach wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:11 am
It's getting better
Growing stronger.

Dalton Bluebird
Silver Member

Post by Dalton Bluebird »

CH BAFC wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:06 am
Twas just a joke, just need something to get the crowd roaring, feels like a ghost town at the minute.
Fair enough :D :D :scarf:
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: