Post by NB Bluebird »

Harrison as not been the same since his injury be it for us, Sutton or Barnet

Moribund
Gold Member

Re: Barrow vs Chorley match thread

Post by Moribund »

CH BAFC wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:47 pm
Think the last time Harrison scored was in a pre season friendly, he's great as a player that stands off others due to his height but hes not the striker he once was... can see us replacing him in January unfortunately.
If that was the goal against Morecambe, it was actually an own goal by their defender.

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark »

BH needs game time to prove his worth, he’s proven he can score when playing regularly. And if Quigley and Angus start to stutter with form. He could yet again prove he’s a force to be reckoned with.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

Cringle

Post by Cringle »

Imho ...if we have serious aspirations of league football we need a better option to challenge our strikers.
Carver wouldn't be a bad shout if we could get him.
:scarf: :skill: :scarf: :skill:

TaylorBAFC

Post by TaylorBAFC »

The warning signs were there when we brought Byron back. He was obviously devoid of confidence having had an unsuccessful spell at Barnet and while it was excellent to welcome him back to the club given his efforts in a Barrow shirt in the 16/17 season especially, it was always a risk. He's been limited to cameo appearances which is always difficult for any player, but his confidence is obviously not there at the moment. I think the Atherton game could prove to be the ideal opportunity to give him a go from the start. If he can find the net, it could be the thing he needs to find his feet again. Angus was a great example of that; desperate for a goal, but just unable to find one, then he scored one and went on to score in four consecutive games. I'm not suggesting he will enjoy a rich vein of form like that, but it would be a weight off his shoulders and a player with confidence is always better than a player without confidence. With that said, if Harrison does happen to be on a fair chunk of money and continues to struggle, it could be worth exploring other avenues and cutting our losses with him, unfortunately.

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick »

Glad to see we are still top of the league in my absence and increasing crowds is just what the doctor ordered. Bet Chesterfield are really [SwearFilter] they didn't give him a fair crack of the whip in his managerial role.

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian »

I agree that Byron Harrison has not really had a chance to recapture his previous form in his relatively short substitute appearances and would strongly dispute that he displays a "total lack of interest"; clearly the manager does, too, otherwise BH would not be the squad regular that he has been. Perhaps a case could be made for more use of the Reserves' fixtures for the members of the first team squad who have not been getting experience of full competitive matches, although I acknowledge there is the risk of some opposing youth with a misplaced ego making them 'marked men'?

In respect of the otherwise inconsistent referee and "where he got the consulting the captain rule from only he knows", this is a regular occurrence at all levels and an example of good game management by a referee. (Clearly there were other examples of less-good game management last night...)
Last edited by Hadrian on Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

NB Bluebird wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm
Harrison as not been the same since his injury be it for us, Sutton or Barnet
He was brilliant for us before his injury but was poor afterwards. He then went to Sutton and was a failure and then on to Barnet where he was also a failure. He came back to us and has again been a failure. I'm afraid his best days are long gone.

Steeley
Platinum Member

Post by Steeley »

Harrison is a reserve striker, a backup squad player, does he need to be brilliant? Hindles also there too, should anything happen to Quigley or Angus, aswell as the loan market...
Bish=God

Bombadel

Post by Bombadel »

Highlights can be found here, fantastic goal from Kay
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... g_wSRctNJU

CH BAFC

Post by CH BAFC »

Steeley wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:25 pm
Harrison is a reserve striker, a backup squad player, does he need to be brilliant? Hindles also there too, should anything happen to Quigley or Angus, aswell as the loan market...
Difference is Hindle has scored for us even when he has came on as a sub I.E notts county and is fighting to be part of the starting squad... whilst Byron doesn't ever look bothered in the slightest.
Last edited by CH BAFC on Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Desmond2-2

Post by Desmond2-2 »

Just one of those games we’re a lot of our players weren’t at it,we gave the ball away far too often.,though still increased our lead at the top. Have to give Chorley credit they looked a far better side than when we beat them down there and can see how there performance have improved, impressed with there attacking play, very quick and direct,there definitely going in my Accra for the weekend home to D&R.

Desmond2-2

Post by Desmond2-2 »

Or should I have said, ghana put them in my Acca at the weekend

Shaun
Gold Member

Post by Shaun »

Bombadel wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:17 pm
Highlights can be found here, fantastic goal from Kay
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... g_wSRctNJU
Ta mate. And to Adam, cheers for the little radio bit - loved it.
"Walter, I'm sure there's a reason you brought your dirty undies..."

olbarrafancumbak
Silver Member

Post by olbarrafancumbak »

I think Byron is a great player and a really nice guy.

Problem he has within this team is the style of play, the passing, moving and patience.
Byron is a player who imo is best when he is playing off the shoulders of defenders with balls being played for him to run on to. His touch is a bit heavy for the passing and holding game and I would be working with Byron on this if I was manager.
The other factor with Byron is that injury and the subconscious fear within.
I think since the injury he has been a little half hearted in tackling and also been chased down he doesn't seem to like to stand his ground the same.
My advice to Byron would be.. yes you have had this injury and yes it does affect you. You have come back and you have another crack at it! You can't carry that fear or worry, it's probably more dangerous to be half hearted in tackling than to go in fully committed. You have a few years playing left and you have to embrace that opportunity, it's up to you to prove the doubters wrong!!

I also think a goal would help him massively too but let's not knock him completely, he is one cog in the machine and he is doing a job. IE wouldn't have him on the pitch just for the sake of it, he uses him tactically and if he thinks it's right, I'm happy with that.