A forum for previous match threads.
Sefton Aubergine

Re: Maidenhead v Barrow match thread

Post by Sefton Aubergine »

Holkerbird wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:41 pm
Sefton Aubergine wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:37 pm
These results are too good I've no option but to spend four more days in Barrow to take in the next two home games!
Ger house hunting while you are here. It will work out cheaper than travelling. 😊
As soon as the Mrs retires... See you next weekend.

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE »

I bet Evo is " GLAD ALL OVER " tonight. 📻

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

Winning this league

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark »

Well what a day! Well worth the journey.!
As usual Maidenhead were fine hosts, too nice really. But I for one always appreciate the hospitality. We dominated from start to finish, yes we squandered an opportunity or four but the distance between both sides was immense.
Not saying Maidenhead were poor as they did all they could to stifle us but we were that much in control of proceedings, Dunn was inspired in goal for our hosts to save their blushes somewhat there was little he could do with any of the goals.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

Absolute dreamland; need 2500 in next Saturday

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark »

A very buoyant bus on the way home, and rightly so. Days like this should be cherished, but I for one is slowly adjusting to this life when I can attend of course.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

Just got back home to the South Coast after the journey from Maidenhead. I've now seen the matches at Woking, Aldershot, Ebbsfleet, Bromley and Maidenhead and Barrow have looked better in each one. Without exaggeration it could have been 10-0 today. Angus, who otherwise played very well, missed 2 clear one on ones with the goalkeeper when he should have scored easily and there were at least another half dozen crosses which were within a foot or so of being tap ins. In addition, the Maidenhead goalkeeper was outstanding and made half a dozen excellent saves.There wasn't a bad performance in the whole team and Maidenhead were simply outclassed. However, even among all the good performances one man stood out and I can't believe there is a midfield player in non-league football anywhere close to being as good as John Rooney. He completely ran the show from beginning to end. It was the first time I've seen White and he looked yet another very good player which the manager has brought in and together with Rooney and Hardcastle completely dominated midfield. I sat in the main stand surrounded by Maidenhead supporters and I heard several of them say Barrow were the best team they had seen all season. In all honesty, it looked like a team playing against a team a couple of divisions higher.
Last edited by russell_anderson on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bombadel

Post by Bombadel »

russell_anderson wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:16 pm
Just got back home to the South Coast after the journey from Maidenhead. I've now seen the matches at Woking, Aldershot, Ebbsfleet, Bromley and Maidenhead and Barrow have looked better in each one. Without exaggeration it could have been 10-0 today. Angus, who otherwise played very well, missed 2 clear one on ones with the goalkeeper when he should have scored easily and there were at least another half dozen crosses which were within a foot or so of being tap ins. In addition, the Maidenhead goalkeeper was outstanding and made half a dozen excellent saves.There wasn't a bad performance in the whole team and Maidenhead were simply outclassed. However, even among all the good performances one man stood out and I can't believe there is a midfield player in non-league football anywhere close to being as good as John Rooney. He completely ran the show from beginning to end. It was the first time I've seen White and he looked yet another very good player which the manager has brought in and together with Rooney and Hardcastle completely dominated midfield. I sat in the main stand surrounded by Maidenhead supporters and I heard several of them say Barrow were the best team they had seen all season. In all honesty, it looked like a team playing against a team a couple of divisions higher.
Thanks for the report, I heard on the radio that Granite was there also? And that he’s ahead of schedule? Would be great if he came back sooner than expected

200miles

Post by 200miles »

Russell are you the chap I was chatting to on train between Maidenhead and Reading? Absolutely superb day out.

paddy71
Bronze Member

Post by paddy71 »

Fantastic barrow,absolutely nothing to fear in this league.Champions?..........just dare to dream
how we get there i don,t no.Barrows on the way

ssgtfoster

Post by ssgtfoster »

The Maidenhead official match report......
The Maidenhead official match report......
5CA290D0-661B-4FC4-81E9-71AABBEC5BDB.jpeg (82.27 KiB) Viewed 456 times
Bamber Bridge Branch (formed 2008 - 2 members!!)

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE »

What about printing copies of the league table. They could be posted in the town centre, on trees, house windows,lamposts, the list is endless. Might sound daft, but hey, who cares. Lets enjoy it. And it will attract more people.
Last edited by GTBLUE on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alley_Cat
Veteran Member

Post by Alley_Cat »

GTBLUE wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:34 pm
What about printing copies of the league table. They could be posted in the town centre, on trees, house windows,lamposts, the list is endless. Might sound daft, but hey, who cares. Lets enjoy it. And it will attract more people.
Couldn’t the Mail advertise that we’re top of the league, umm no sorry, they’ll probably get their wires crossed again and have us bottom of the league

Alley_Cat
Veteran Member

Post by Alley_Cat »

What was the attendance today, inc away fans?

Cubbins Paratrooper
Veteran Member

Post by Cubbins Paratrooper »

The league table makes remarkable reading. Wrexham bottom, Barrow top. My eyes are popping out of my head.