GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Re: Maidenhead v Barrow match thread

Post by GTBLUE »

Alley_Cat wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:55 pm
GTBLUE wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:34 pm
What about printing copies of the league table. They could be posted in the town centre, on trees, house windows,lamposts, the list is endless. Might sound daft, but hey, who cares. Lets enjoy it. And it will attract more people.
Couldn’t the Mail advertise that we’re top of the league, umm no sorry, they’ll probably get their wires crossed again and have us bottom of the league
The Mail don't do the obvious. They don't do excitement. They don't do interviewing
the fans. They don't talk to the owners( not much) They don't interview players. But they read this forum ! Do they know where Holker Street is ?
Thank god for radio Cumbria and Adams excellent commentary and interviews. Little old Barrow are getting more plaudits from away reporters. Shipbuilders tea has never tasted so good.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

Err I have had a report back that Barrow fans were using a bin as a drum. Told to stop as Paul was there and might get ideas. 😂

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

Holkerbird wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:05 pm
Err I have had a report back that Barrow fans were using a bin as a drum. Told to stop as Paul was there and might get ideas. 😂
Totally different things Elaine

SKIPPER
Platinum Member

Post by SKIPPER »

Cubbins Paratrooper wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:59 pm
The league table makes remarkable reading. Wrexham bottom, Barrow top. My eyes are popping out of my head.
Loving it. Makes my Sunday visit to my daughter,her Wrexham-supporting husband and my Wrexham-supporting grandson all the sweeter.If you want a laugh and to see what meltdown looks like click on the Wrexham forum.
Last edited by SKIPPER on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

200miles

Post by 200miles »

It was kids banging the perimeter boards, I was standing behind them. They had rhythm😂

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark »

Alley_Cat wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:56 pm
What was the attendance today, inc away fans?
It was hard to tell bud as we were scattered far and wide. Estimate 120--130. Counted 89 on my way back from the toilets. And could see plenty of others in blue and white down the side of the ground.
I banged on the bin and I apologise profusely.
Last edited by McMark on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

McMark wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:32 pm
Alley_Cat wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:56 pm
What was the attendance today, inc away fans?
It was hard to tell bud as we were scattered far and wide. Estimate 120--130. Counted 89 on my way back from the toilets. And could see plenty of others in blue and white down the side of the ground.
Good quick head count.

Thug

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark »

boyliegladbach wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:40 pm
McMark wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:32 pm

Good quick head count.

Thug
It was a bittersweet timpani, I did it for research purposes, the lid was loose so needs more research as it sounded rubbishy.
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

200miles wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:35 pm
Russell are you the chap I was chatting to on train between Maidenhead and Reading? Absolutely superb day out.
Sorry for the late reply as I had to go out for a meal out just after I posted but it wasn't me. I travelled with my son by car from Portsmouth.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

paddy71 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:38 pm
Fantastic barrow,absolutely nothing to fear in this league.Champions?..........just dare to dream
Absolutely correct. I'm not a one-eyed supporter who thinks the team he or she supports is automatically the best by default. In fact, my loyalties are split between Portsmouth where I've lived for 50 years and Barrow where I was born and lived for 24 years and I judge the ability of teams on what I see not who they represent. I now watch Barrow before Portsmouth when they play in the south because IMO they play more attractive football and I've now seen enough of the National League this season to say that not only are Barrow the best football team in the league but they are the best football team by a distance. That is not just my opinion but also the opinion of many opposing managers and supporters I've heard talking about the Barrow team. IMO the only thing that can stop Barrow winning this league is if they miss too many of the chances they create. In terms of playing football they are on a different planet to the other teams in the league and probably a lot of Division 2 and even Division 1 teams as well.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

boyliegladbach wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 pm
Holkerbird wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:05 pm
Totally different things Elaine
I do actually know that a drum and a bin are two entirely different things Mr Boyle.
I haven't got to this grand age and learned nothing. 😊

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

russell_anderson wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:00 pm
200miles wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:35 pm
Russell are you the chap I was chatting to on train between Maidenhead and Reading? Absolutely superb day out.
Sorry for the late reply as I had to go out for a meal out just after I posted but it wasn't me. I travelled with my son by car from Portsmouth.
Also saw yous on same train.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Incidentally, although the referee missed one absolutely obvious foul on Dior Angus when he was brought down on the edge of the penalty area in the second half when completely through on goal which had even the Maidenhead supporters by me laughing in disbelief, overall he obviously didn't want to upset the Barrow hierarchy too much again as he gave us virtually every 50/50 decision going!

Kieran
Gold Member

Post by Kieran »

Excellent today, against what has to be said was dreadful opposition.

We controlled the game from start to finish, with the only slight concern being how many chances we missed. It was almost embarrassing how easy it was for us at times, I struggle to remember seeing us so dominant away from home in the recent past. Rooney was fantastic, he literally did not give the ball away on a single occasion and some of his passing was a joy to watch. White and Hardcastle were also excellent alongside him and it was those 3 that set the tone for our dominance.

Quigley and Angus caused no end of problems in attack and their movement was exceptional. Angus really should have had a hat-trick today.

Defensively we were very rarely troubled, and looked in complete control.

Apart from the missed chances, it was as close to a perfect performance as you're likely to see.
Last edited by Kieran on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

romabarrow

Post by romabarrow »

Thanks to the Barrow team and fans, had a fantastic day watching them win in style at Maidenhead. Already planning my next trip over for Halifax at Easter. Up the Bluebirds.