Barrow v Fylde match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
SKIPPER
Platinum Member

Re: Barrow v Fylde match thread

Post by SKIPPER »

Not surprised it was that little weasel Kosylo involved in the second Kay incident. Not long returned from a six match suspension for spitting. Classy !

Bingo
Platinum Member

Post by Bingo »

Joe26 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:21 pm
Second game I've been to this year and took 3 lads that had never been. We wont be back not because of the football which we enjoyed but the bar staff were extremely rude and even told one of our party to f##k off when he had asked a genuine question. If the club wants to keep floating or first timers it needs to make sure the experience is good.
People don't tell people to [SwearFilter] off for no reason what was the question

Joe26

Post by Joe26 »

One of the lads I was with asked why people were looking out the blinds after we had been told not to

Bluebird_john

Post by Bluebird_john »

barrowfan wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:55 pm
Bombadel wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:28 pm

so ignore the 850k loss the club/owners are dealing with this season, one comment from the bar staff and that's it! quality football today with a great crowd and atmosphere, that what counts
I was told the corporate area and Crossbar was heaving and no doubt the staff were under stress but if it’s true that a customer was told to [email protected]@k off that is not acceptable behaviour no matter how much stress you are under. :sentoff:
Nonsense. Depends how the staff were being treated by the alleged victim

Lightflood

Post by Lightflood »

People look out of the bar windows because it's not ' policed ' correctly,beer was being thrown out of the window above the away dressing room today during the second half

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

Jim wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:39 pm
Evatt in post match interview said he had looked at the video and Kay was more sinned against than sinning. He commented that the ref, who was close, waved play on but the linesman, who was miles away flagged. Evatt reckons Kay was tripped first and then the Fylde player made it look as if he had been fouled.

Nevertheless, I agree with the previous post that Kay should perhaps have been substituted. He is our most volatile player and, having had a yellow card, Fylde would be looking to wind him up. Their strategy was ultimately successful. I assume he will miss the Hartlepool game, but I wonder if it might be wise to leave him out for the return fixture too?
No, you put him back in for fylde as he's a good player and will punish the cheats.

Big E
Veteran Member

Post by Big E »

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 »

Great set of pics them mate

Wildwolf

Post by Wildwolf »

He Kay, is a much improved player in aspects of his game this season, however he does not do himself, or the team any favours by being sent off and leaving us with ten men. Due to uncontrolled behaviour. Temper needs to be worked on. I do not expect evatt to say he was at fault, as usual it will be maybe the ref, linesman, or I did not see it, like most managers. Evatt has though admitted himself he needs to better control his own behaviour after being sent to the stands. It was a very exciting game, which I enjoyed, at least we got a point out of it. With ten men it was result. :scarf: :scarf:

mr_grey
Veteran Member

Post by mr_grey »

Wildwolf wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:36 pm
" Evatt has though admitted himself he needs to better control his own behaviour after being sent to the stands. It was a very exciting game, which I enjoyed, at least we got a point out of it. With ten men it was result. :scarf: :scarf:"
But with officials like we have had over the months, there is no wonder Evatt gets banished to the stands

SayitagainSam

Post by SayitagainSam »

Have attended the last few home games and can't quite see what Angus has to offer to the team, certainly as a starter. Maybe I'm missing something and someone will enlighten me in what IE sees in him? Execution in the penalty box needs addressing including more shots on goal. Other than that, the 4, 1st-timers (aged 30 - 65) that I brought along to todays game really enjoyed what they saw, the entertainment, the quality passing, the atmosphere, etc. and they said they'll be back for more next time. Bodes well for the future of Barrow AFC.

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member

Post by barrowaberdeen »

Steelworks celebrations brilliant.

Some great photos.

Any other season we'd have lost that undeservedly.

Top, with 2 in hand.

mickmike wilson
Platinum Member

Post by mickmike wilson »

Joe26 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:21 pm
Second game I've been to this year and took 3 lads that had never been. We wont be back not because of the football which we enjoyed but the bar staff were extremely rude and even told one of our party to f##k off when he had asked a genuine question. If the club wants to keep floating or first timers it needs to make sure the experience is good.
WTH....You must have some interest in Footy or BAFC & to say your not going back because someone of the Bar Staff swore at you is Snowflakery of the highest order, Not saying this bar person isn't out of order because they should not have swore etc, But come off it, Have you never made a mistake under stress, I have & continue to do so as i am Human therefore infallible.

The staff were swamped for hours today & mistakes made but saying 4 of you are not coming back due to that isolated incident is wrong imho & were any of your party under the influence & maybe not as polite as you usually are, It takes 2 to tango.

Wildwolf

Post by Wildwolf »

But with officials like we have had over the months, there is no wonder Evatt gets banished to the stands.

There is a time, place, procedure, to register complaints about officials decisions. As Evatt is well aware, as he himself admits being verbally offensive to the fourth official etc is not the way. Hence he says he is trying to control himself better in the future. We all know the quality of officials is inconsistent,but it equals out over the season, same officials go round all teams,just look at our fantastic playing record, and league position. :scarf:

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

Just feels like we will never beat them; if Rooney scores the penalty we probably win, if Kay doesn’t get sent off we probably win, their goal was the one time we switched off after defending so well with ten men or we’d have probably won
Great crowd and a great game; just hope the lads aren’t too knackered, it’s a short turn around to another huge game at Hartlepool