Barrow v Fylde match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
TaylorBAFC

Re: Barrow v Fylde match thread

Post by TaylorBAFC »

Not surprised to see Kosylo was involved in the Kay sending off, as I couldn't see what went on from my view. A nasty little player who has a reputation for his on the field antics, whether that be diving, play-acting or spitting - in which he was banned for earlier this season, six games in total. It would be foolish not to welcome Josh back into the side when he's available to do so.

We had a couple of non-Barrow supporters with us to watch the game yesterday and they were impressed with the way we played and commented on Brad Barry's overall play, which I was pleased to hear. Personally I think he's been an unsung hero this season and his performances seem to go under the radar, when there could be a case to say he's been one of our best players (although I think you could argue for most of the squad!)

Unlucky, indeed. Unfortunately Mr Speedie comes to HS for the third time this season and ruins the game. Onto Hartlepool and then the return fixture and hopefully we can take six points, as Yeovil are well into their stride behind us.

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

TaylorBAFC wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:16 pm
hopefully we can take six points, as Yeovil are well into their stride behind us.
Difficult side to read even now Yeovil. Dont lose many, change the team about quite a bit but do drop points when they probably shouldn't. Their game away at Sutton is one to keep an eye on tomorrow. Sutton playing some good stuff recently and on their own plastic pitch too. Yeovil have beaten Torquay, Bromley and Halifax in the last few games which looks great on paper but all three of those sides are having very poor recent runs.

TaylorBAFC

Post by TaylorBAFC »

Suffolk Blue wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:38 pm
TaylorBAFC wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:16 pm
hopefully we can take six points, as Yeovil are well into their stride behind us.
Their game away at Sutton is one to keep an eye on tomorrow. Sutton playing some good stuff recently and on their own plastic pitch too. Yeovil have beaten Torquay, Bromley and Halifax in the last few games which looks great on paper but all three of those sides are having very poor recent runs.
Very true. I haven't looked at who they have coming up in truth, but Sutton are on a very tidy run of form as of late. It comes as no surprise to me given how they played at HS. Lacked a goalscorer, but a couple of loan signings since our game has obviously aided their cause. Hopefully they do us a favour and we do our bit.

The Buzzard

Post by The Buzzard »

Wildwolf wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:36 pm
He Kay, is a much improved player in aspects of his game this season, however he does not do himself, or the team any favours by being sent off and leaving us with ten men. Due to uncontrolled behaviour. Temper needs to be worked on. I do not expect evatt to say he was at fault, as usual it will be maybe the ref, linesman, or I did not see it, like most managers. Evatt has though admitted himself he needs to better control his own behaviour after being sent to the stands. It was a very exciting game, which I enjoyed, at least we got a point out of it. With ten men it was result. :scarf: :scarf:
Jesus!!!!! did you actually watch the game, nothing at all to do with his temper, the lad has passion & a fantastic desire to win football matches,just like his manager he got two undeserved yellow cards due to the incompetence of the worst referee in the league if you don't think so go & take up tiddlewinks your comments are ridiculous 😡

Bombadel

Post by Bombadel »

Nice pic here of a packed Holker street

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6kwhVkBYAh ... hare_sheet

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Agree about the need for a striker who will actually have a go.
We seem to be going back to the style we had earlier in the season, of pretty football in the final third and trying to walk it into the net, which as we saw yesterday is not that easy as they packed their defence.
In the final third we need to play ugly football and shoot on sight.

Scott
Bronze Member

Post by Scott »

The Buzzard wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:48 pm
Wildwolf wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:36 pm
He Kay, is a much improved player in aspects of his game this season, however he does not do himself, or the team any favours by being sent off and leaving us with ten men. Due to uncontrolled behaviour. Temper needs to be worked on. I do not expect evatt to say he was at fault, as usual it will be maybe the ref, linesman, or I did not see it, like most managers. Evatt has though admitted himself he needs to better control his own behaviour after being sent to the stands. It was a very exciting game, which I enjoyed, at least we got a point out of it. With ten men it was result. :scarf: :scarf:
Jesus!!!!! did you actually watch the game, nothing at all to do with his temper, the lad has passion & a fantastic desire to win football matches,just like his manager he got two undeserved yellow cards due to the incompetence of the worst referee in the league if you don't think so go & take up tiddlewinks your comments are ridiculous 😡
No doubting his commitment but his first booking was needless. Pulled the player back blatantly and then after the whistle went in late on the fylde man. If it wasn’t for their reaction he may have got away with it but it was deserved and his head was still gone after incident with Danny Rowe just prior. Not seen the second yet didn’t get a good view but he put himself in a tough position with that silly yellow.

Referee I actually thought wasn’t too bad although a bit weak?! people must have forgotten Joe Johnson and Gareth Rhodes from earlier this season...

Richard Ingham
Platinum Member

Post by Richard Ingham »

Joe Johnson will never be forgotten.
"Barrow produces world class feats of engineering on a regular basis. Kettering produces Weetabix" - @bafc_lancaster

"Danny Livesey collects stitches like nectar points" - @bafc_lancaster

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member

Post by spirit of 1990 »

After making a promising start (the penalty) and looking like he wasn’t going to take any dirty or sly tactics, he rapidly became very weak and at times looked like he was totally lost...not helped at all by useless liners. Quite shocking in his/their inconsistency.

As others have said, I thought Barry had a very good game yesterday, a lot came down his side in the first half. Having said that, Dixon MOTM for me though, three or four saves that were very very good which ultimately grabbed us a point.

On another note, I believe their owner had a “minder” in attendance yesterday....seriously!
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member

Post by Lancaster Branch »

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:35 pm

On another note, I believe their owner had a “minder” in attendance yesterday....seriously!
Anything to boost their travelling numbers, I suppose...

I believe they told us to prepare for 300 away fans which means there must have been a horrendous incident on the M55. Dover will cancel their next game out of #respect etc

Wildwolf

Post by Wildwolf »

Scott wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:29 pm
The Buzzard wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:48 pm

No doubting his commitment but his first booking was needless. Pulled the player back blatantly and then after the whistle went in late on the fylde man. If it wasn’t for their reaction he may have got away with it but it was deserved and his head was still gone after incident with Danny Rowe just prior. Not seen the second yet didn’t get a good view but he put himself in a tough position with that silly yellow.

Referee I actually thought wasn’t too bad although a bit weak?! people must have forgotten Joe Johnson and Gareth Rhodes from earlier this season...
RE Tiddlewinks. Kay was charging about like a mad bull after being spoken to after the first incident. Wild, obviously lost it. Passion and desire is a fine quality, but it must be controlled on a football field. The result, we went down to ten men and were lucky to have not lost the game. Oh, I do not accept the old chestnut it was ALL the ref's fault, he did award us a penalty, not his fault rooney bungled it. I do however respect your opinion, though not the ungracious way you deliver it. :lol: :scarf:

TaylorBAFC

Post by TaylorBAFC »

Scott wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:29 pm
people must have forgotten Joe Johnson and Gareth Rhodes from earlier this season...
I don't think JJ has been too bad, especially in comparison to some of the officials we've had. I can agree with Rhodes, though. Him, Richard Hulme and Benjamin Speedie have been the trio I've wanted to avoid.
Last edited by TaylorBAFC on Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David881

Post by David881 »

Nigel Bamford wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:25 pm
Kay red, second yellow. The first yellow for the sin of being pushed over
He’s bloody lucky it wasn’t a straight red. Would even be a foul on the rugby pitch, hauling an opposing player to the ground with the ball no where close. Deliberate foul to break up their break away.
Last edited by David881 on Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

[quote="spirit of 1990" post_id=412957 time=1577460906

[/quote]
Probably because of my intense dislike of the man.
An arrogant creature.
I really must get to know our backroom staff. On the way out along the lower corridor I was called by three men who I thought were our people as they seemed to come from the managers office.
Walking along I waxed lyrical what a waste of space Danny Rowe was etc etc and how I thought Fylde were a whingeing bunch. It was only their manager and he wished me well as they hopped aboard the Fylde coach.
Oh well...😂😂😂😂

Wintergreen
Platinum Member

Post by Wintergreen »

Holkerbird wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:31 pm
[quote="spirit of 1990" post_id=412957 time=1577460906

Probably because of my intense dislike of the man.
An arrogant creature.
I really must get to know our backroom staff. On the way out along the lower corridor I was called by three men who I thought were our people as they seemed to come from the managers office.
Walking along I waxed lyrical what a waste of space Danny Rowe was etc etc and how I thought Fylde were a whingeing bunch. It was only their manager and he wished me well as they hopped aboard the Fylde coach.
Oh well...😂😂😂😂
[/quote]

Ouch! Sort of thing I would do - luckily its only a game.

Back on the officials; its all ifs and buts, BUT there was a blatant foul before their equaliser when a Barrow man was pushed over from behind whilst carrying the ball out of defence just by the dugouts. The Ref thought it was okay but a VAR examination of the goal would have chalked it off for sure.
We'll keep the blue flag flying here...