Hartlepool v Barrow match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
McMark
Platinum Member

Re: Hartlepool v Barrow match thread

Post by McMark »

Matty wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:19 pm
There is a rumour going round that there are people playing football outside of those that have played for Barrow at some point in their careers.

Yet to be confirmed.
:o Name one, that would compliment what we have already!
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

Every time we drop points from winning positions the call is the same. How did we concede the goals today?
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Alley_Cat
Veteran Member

Post by Alley_Cat »

Matty wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:19 pm
There is a rumour going round that there are people playing football outside of those that have played for Barrow at some point in their careers.

Yet to be confirmed.
I’m sorry, I don’t know what this means

Scott
Bronze Member

Post by Scott »

Jonty wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:27 pm
Every time we drop points from winning positions the call is the same. How did we concede the goals today?
They put the ball in the bet between the posts 😉

Sounded similar to Fylde we switched off and were punished both occasions. Hard to be too critical but need to cut out these errors.

AugustusCorpa
Bronze Member

Post by AugustusCorpa »

Stockport are top of the form table after the last 5 games. Hate to say it but we could have done with Fylde beating them today.
The fans seems very confident on their forum with a few thinking they can actually finish top. They’re bound to think that of course. They took over 1200 to Fylde which is impressive.
Blue not manky tangerine..

JammyBluebird
Veteran Member

Post by JammyBluebird »

We were lucky to get a draw today. 2 shots on target, 2 goals. One of which the keeper had a howler for.

A draw away at Pools is a good result. People need to relax. We go again on Wednesday!

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

AugustusCorpa wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:16 pm
Stockport are top of the form table after the last 5 games. Hate to say it but we could have done with Fylde beating them today.
The fans seems very confident on their forum with a few thinking they can actually finish top. They’re bound to think that of course. They took over 1200 to Fylde which is impressive.
Depends on how many games you base this on. This league is so tight that put a run of 4 or 5 wins together and you'll look like play-off or title contenders from anywhere in the top half. Lose a couple like Bromley and you will quickly become yesterdays men. This will happen to us if we slip off the top of the League. So be ready for it. We're nowhere near the home straight yet. Stockport are doing very nicely at the moment but they'll only impress if they turn those recent wins into a string of 15 games plus. I think Bhamwood are now 10/11 unbeaten but nobody sees them as a potential threat either.

If you truly want to identify a phantom menace look no further than Notts County doing very well recently and with a nice big squad to last them the duration.

Moosehead

Post by Moosehead »

Pools goalie's dad went to Barrow Boys Grammar School. Conspiracy Theory?

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick »

Well his dad will say " You made a right [SwearFilter] up there son".

kikka

Post by kikka »

The position we are now in means that the games will change . The difference now is that we are clearly no longer 'under the radar' . Teams will probably take one of two strategies . Either they will not play as openly as they used to when we were 'an easy touch' or they may 'throw caution to the wind' and try to 'attack us into submission'.

Many are likely to sit deep and try to catch us 'on the break' . We need to be flexible enough to identify the strategies they employ and to adapt as well. We need to keep the ball better and use more collective-team play and 'invention' to unpick these massed defences . Flexibility and movement in our approach is the key.

Another aspect to consider is that our players are also at risk of becoming 'complacent without realising it' . To this end , we really do need to work hard as a unit ...to attack ...to defend ... to keep our cover across the pitch , etc . I'm certain that the management are aware of this - but it means that , having worked hard to get into this position , we are going to have to work even harder - or at least smarter' - to stay there . I reckon we have the potential to do that - but WILL only do it if we keep focused and assume nothing is going to come to us if we just wait for it . .

We can do it, if we want it enough. Come on guys - 3 more months . :skill:
First match : Barrow v Northampton Town : Sat. 24th Sept. 1960 ... won 1-0... ( which was nice )

blue nige
Gold Member

Post by blue nige »

mickycarrol wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:21 pm
Baxterj732 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:42 pm
I heard a rumour on the popular side on boxing day that DJ was coming back on loan, obviously it could be Chinese whispers but I'd certainly welcome him back
Am I the only one who didn’t see what all the fuss was about with DJ? Apart from a long throw what else did he particularly stand out for? Not one of the first names I would mention if given chance to sign any former players still playing their trade.
He was our "standout " defender last season and Evatt was gutted when we lost him .

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

If Dan Jones came back on loan there is no chance it would be as sub

200miles

Post by 200miles »

Home form is key. There is still "something" that I can't define that still needs sorting out.

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick »

We are top of the league on a smallish budget. Just enjoy what the management team, the players and the owners are giving us.

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

Dalton Bluebird wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:18 pm
Moribund wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:57 pm
Let's hope this is our mid-season slump out of the way. Harrogate also seem to have got themselves into the mix now, but good to see Yeovil and Solihull continue to drop points.
Since when was a couple of draws a slump?
That's the point! If these few draws constitutes our only setback for the rest of the season, we'll romp home.