Hartlepool v Barrow match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
Big E
Veteran Member

Re: Hartlepool v Barrow match thread

Post by Big E »

Jeez, we're getting nit picky!! Good point against a useful hardworking Pool side.

Pics
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ianally/a ... 2403269376

SKIPPER
Platinum Member

Post by SKIPPER »

Lets put things in perspective. Hartlepool made FIVE changes from their last game which emphasises the difference in squad sizes. Could we seriously have made five changes and come up with the same result ? Evatt and co are performing miracles and to get a draw at one of the most underachieving yet still potential play off/title contenders is no mean feat.If two draws in two tough games is a blip then the future is bright. Bring on Fylde !

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

Point probably a fair result today. Great day out as always, found ourselves a strange little pub pre match.

Go beat fylde now.

madplumpy

Post by madplumpy »

Top of the league by a point and with 2 games in hand at Christmas. Who wouldn’t have taken that at the start of the season......

jaycarter

Post by jaycarter »

Great game today two sides playing open football end to end stuff, neither team harassing the ref at every opportunity good to see, not like Fylde horrible team, Hartlepool excellent hosts, doubt we will get that on Wednesday.

Fazered
Bronze Member

Post by Fazered »

Enjoyable game between two evenly matched sides and a draw was a fair result. The atmosphere was brilliant. The only annoying thing was the delay getting through turnstile. I was there 20 mins before the kick off and still missed the first 5 minutes. Even more annoying were the 4 or 5 Barrow fans who turned up 5 minutes before the kick off and shoved their way in at the front of the queue. ****holes
Sometimes you just need to hoof it :scarf:

Jim
Platinum Member

Post by Jim »

I ended up sitting with home supporters as I gave up on the queue. That is an interesting experience, hearing comments from the other side. Chap behind me was exasperated every time Toure got the ball.
It was an entertaining game played in a good spirit. Hartlepool is a nice club. I thought we had one or two players who were a bit under par, but credit to Pool for their work rate in closing us down.
Now on to Fylde, time they were put in their place!

Bombadel

Post by Bombadel »

Here the post match interview from Ian Evatt starts at 6.15. Decent day out at a football league stadium,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07vjf0f

Desmond2-2

Post by Desmond2-2 »

Matty wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:19 pm
There is a rumour going round that there are people playing football outside of those that have played for Barrow at some point in their careers.

Yet to be confirmed.
What the **** does that actually mean?

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

SKIPPER wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:33 pm
Lets put things in perspective. Hartlepool made FIVE changes from their last game which emphasises the difference in squad sizes. Could we seriously have made five changes and come up with the same result ? Evatt and co are performing miracles and to get a draw at one of the most underachieving yet still potential play off/title contenders is no mean feat.If two draws in two tough games is a blip then the future is bright. Bring on Fylde !
Yes - scary isn't it how far we've gone with so little "fat" in the squad. Everybody is now talking about the possibilities of automatic promotion as if the play-offs are for "wimps". Reason says that the most positive fact about our current status is that we are 8/9 points inside the play-off zone with a superior GD and having played 1 or 2 games less than most of the other teams in that zone. That's the realistic assessment of our progress so far. So if that's what it turns out to be it wont be a failure.

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

Desmond2-2 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:42 am
Matty wrote:
There is a rumour going round that there are people playing football outside of those that have played for Barrow at some point in their careers.

Yet to be confirmed.
What the **** does that actually mean?

Fairly obvious.

cromwells ghost

Post by cromwells ghost »

On Friday we were joint top, today we are top by one point with two games in hand whats the problem ?

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner »

Alley_Cat wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:06 pm
Matty wrote:

Yet to be confirmed.
I’m sorry, I don’t know what this means
Me too, I read the original post and thought it's Christmas and I must be drunk. I checked that I wasn't drunk and still couldn't understand it!
Propriety in public life is a dwindling resource. We have outsourced reason. We deserve it”

Matty
Platinum Member

Post by Matty »

I was joking about when people discuss bringing new players in, the first names that are mentioned are players that have played and done well for us in the past, even though there's very little chance of them actually coming back. It's almost as if there aren't any other players out there sometimes.

Apologies if it wasn't clear, a poor joke I'll admit.
Popular side since '03.

Conference North Champions 2014-15

Alley_Cat
Veteran Member

Post by Alley_Cat »

Matty wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:36 am
I was joking about when people discuss bringing new players in, the first names that are mentioned are players that have played and done well for us in the past, even though there's very little chance of them actually coming back. It's almost as if there aren't any other players out there sometimes.

Apologies if it wasn't clear, a poor joke I'll admit.
Ahhh yes, well allow me to have a belated chuckle, i agree with you