Platinum Member

Re: Hartlepool v Barrow match thread

Post by Jim »

You and I must be in same wavelength Matty because I understood it :D

Shaun
Gold Member

Post by Shaun »

A good point away from home. They all are. Come f*****g on you mighty Bluebirds!!!!
"Walter, I'm sure there's a reason you brought your dirty undies..."

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

Matty wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:36 am
I was joking about when people discuss bringing new players in, the first names that are mentioned are players that have played and done well for us in the past, even though there's very little chance of them actually coming back. It's almost as if there aren't any other players out there sometimes.

Apologies if it wasn't clear, a poor joke I'll admit.
However, there are plenty of players in our league who do come back to their old clubs. When I watched the Sutton/Yeovil match they were talking about a Sutton player who had left and returned to the club 4 times! I've seen a few players in away match programmes who have left and returned to the clubs we were playing. We've even got one at the moment in Byron Harrison. One advantage of it is that you know if they were good or not. However, one disadvantage is that they are often older and not as good as they were when they last played for you. Byron and Grant Holt are good examples. Danny Livesey might well be another now but Dan Jones is still a young man so I would expect him to be just as good as when he was last at Barrow.

chipmunx
Bronze Member

Post by chipmunx »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiP9E1ai_ko

start watching that at 2 mins 42 seconds to see the goals
Bring it on!!!

Bombadel

Post by Bombadel »

More extensed highlights are now on also, was good to hear IE describing the dressing room as a morgue after the game, shows how much this season means to the players

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJ_wNHN-wI
Last edited by Bombadel on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

Bombadel wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:26 pm
More extensed highlights are now on also, was good to hear IE describing the dressing room as a morgue after the game, shows how much this season means to the players

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJ_wNHN-wI
Looked a great game and what a cracking ground.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

Super match from the highlights. Both teams played well. Our first goal was soft; their first goal was a terrific shot; our second goal was from a brilliant pass. Was it Hird or Rooney who hit the pass to Angus? Their second goal was soft. So near winning it from Barry's cross cum shot in the last minute. Also Quigley could have given Angus an easy chance early on instead of shooting. 2 or 3 wonderful touches and passes by Rooney in the first half. Total class!
Last edited by russell_anderson on Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim
Platinum Member

Post by Jim »

Great video of the highlights, it gave a good reflection of the game. Never mind passing to Angus, Quigley should have buried that chance himself towards the end of the first half. I couldn't understand why the Barrow players were protesting to the linesman about the 'sitter' that Liddle headed over in the second half, but looking at the video I think Liddle pushes Hird over. We were very much under the cosh once they equalised, then when Angus scored (through ball was from Barry I think) I thought we would go on and win. We got well on top towards the end, if we had a few more minutes of stoppage time we might have snatched all the points! Fair result though.
Last edited by Jim on Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.