Post by Mark Johnson »

mickycarrol wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:20 pm
Mark Johnson wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:58 pm

A good point.
Fair comment I will join you on the staying positive team 👍
Ha, I see your point too.

1 point clear with 2 in hand. We do need to beat Fylde though to make it a great Christmas / NY.

I would have took 5 points from a possible 9 in the last 3 games but another draw / loss on New Years day will be disappointing. Really think we need Taylor back in the middle to steady the ship a bit.

saltcellar
Gold Member

Re: Hartlepool v Barrow match thread

Post by saltcellar »

I like what Ian Evatt said about today's draw.
"There's an old saying in football".
"If you can't win, make sure you don't lose "

Baxterj732

Post by Baxterj732 »

I heard a rumour on the popular side on boxing day that DJ was coming back on loan, obviously it could be Chinese whispers but I'd certainly welcome him back
Heaven is a place on earth, we prefer to call it Holker Street :scarf: popular side since 2002! :scarf:

whitty1969
Gold Member

Post by whitty1969 »

blue nige wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:24 pm
Mark Johnson wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:14 pm
Brough could be out for a few weeks according to IE
Wonder if we could loan Dan Jones back now that would be brilliant!( unless he's going somewhere else)
Heard he was paid off from Salford several months ago.
Free agent ? Cant see us having the cash to bring him in.

mr_grey
Veteran Member

Post by mr_grey »

whitty1969 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:47 pm
blue nige wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Wonder if we could loan Dan Jones back now that would be brilliant!( unless he's going somewhere else)
Heard he was paid off from Salford several months ago.
Free agent ? Cant see us having the cash to bring him in.
Better for him to play and be in the shop window than not to play at all !

Baxterj732

Post by Baxterj732 »

He's still at Salford but only played 3 first team games this season, I'm sure both Dan and Salford would prefer him to be match fit and playing competitive football
Heaven is a place on earth, we prefer to call it Holker Street :scarf: popular side since 2002! :scarf:

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member

Post by Lancaster Branch »

Middleton Nick wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:34 pm
Entry into the ground pathetic. One turnstile for visiting fans cash or ticket. Not good enough.
Hartlepool opened a second turnstile at the away end at 3.05. Brilliant lads, well done. Glad i bought a ticket in advance :roll:

mickycarrol
Bronze Member

Post by mickycarrol »

Baxterj732 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:42 pm
I heard a rumour on the popular side on boxing day that DJ was coming back on loan, obviously it could be Chinese whispers but I'd certainly welcome him back
Am I the only one who didn’t see what all the fuss was about with DJ? Apart from a long throw what else did he particularly stand out for? Not one of the first names I would mention if given chance to sign any former players still playing their trade.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

mickycarrol wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:21 pm
Baxterj732 wrote:
Am I the only one who didn’t see what all the fuss was about with DJ? Apart from a long throw what else did he particularly stand out for? Not one of the first names I would mention if given chance to sign any former players still playing their trade.
You probably wouldn't be the only one but I reckon there won't be many! Easily our best central defender between Livesey leaving and Platt arriving.

CH BAFC

Post by CH BAFC »

Dont think we need another CB to be honest, need a link up forward to feed Quiqers, we get that sorted and we can bury games. Ah well 1 point top at Christmas, if you said that to me at the start of the season I would have laughed, great times ahead lads! onwards to Fylde.
Last edited by CH BAFC on Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liverpoolann

Post by liverpoolann »

Well done team I think a good away point after hard match Boxing Day as has been said played for long period with ten men.Last season we would have crumbled I think but we much better at battling and grinding result out this year.Keep momentum going and more distance from chasing pack.Hope we have the same application against Fylde who lost today (chuckle).Also well done the great support.

Baxterj732

Post by Baxterj732 »

Could play well at full/wing back too, could transition the ball well to the forwards but I agree about the centre half's, think he would be a squad player and not a starter

Bluebird_john

Post by Bluebird_john »

mickycarrol wrote:
Baxterj732 wrote:

Bluebird_john

Post by Bluebird_john »

mickycarrol wrote:
Baxterj732 wrote:

Not only was he pretty assured defensively, he was also in my mind one of the best footballers at the club. I was more confident with him with the ball at his feet than most midfielders ( obviously that was before Evatt made his mark )

Would certainly have him back but can’t see it.

Matty
Platinum Member

Post by Matty »

There is a rumour going round that there are people playing football outside of those that have played for Barrow at some point in their careers.

Yet to be confirmed.
Popular side since '03.

Conference North Champions 2014-15