Fylde v Barrow match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
russell_anderson
Silver Member

Re: Fylde v Barrow match thread

Post by russell_anderson »

Completely agree re White and, particularly, Platt. The radio commentary seemed to think the red card (or second yellow as they weren't sure) was for a punch spotted by the linesman. Half an hour before kickoff their ticket website said all standing tickets had been sold and there were 46 of the 272 seats still available so if the Barrow allocation was 1000 standing and 272 seats that would mean Barrow had 1226 but there was still time to sell a few more seats and I guess some Barrow supporters may have been in other parts of the ground so I reckon we had more there than they did.

Scott
Bronze Member

Post by Scott »

The red for Kosylo was for punching Barry not Kay off the ball. Nasty little player at least that’s another ban he’s serving now.

Excellent win against a difficult team.
Last edited by Scott on Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nigel Bamford
Gold Member

Post by Nigel Bamford »

Kosylo aimed a punch at Barry is what they said on the radio after the match. Spotted by the liner.
It all comes 'round again.

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner »

Jim wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:56 pm
And did the Fylde PA announce the attendance without giving the away numbers? Typical tin pot!
They didn't want the embarrassment
Propriety in public life is a dwindling resource. We have outsourced reason. We deserve it”

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

We showed a lot of character today, fantastic, all of them. My first time there and was great to finally see our first win against them.
Quigs’ goal was very well taken, thought he had took it too wide but slotted it nicely across the goal from what looked a tight angle.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

When is White here till? Vital we keep him and Platt for the season, could be the difference

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE »

Moribund wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:30 pm
Ref was fine and most bookings seemed justified. No idea what Kosylo did, but only the linesman spotted it.

Tosylo punched Barry off the ball.

Crowd was probably more Barrow, and the atmosphere great - ticket situation a bit of a shambles still. Also saw the comments from their [SwearFilter] of a chairman saying that Evatt shook hands twice on becoming their boss. Such a scummy move, and only really reflects badly on him.

Platt was incredible today, and haven't seen a better defender in this league this season. White was also great, and essential that we keep these two.

Such a good feeling to beat the most classless team in this league, and it will be hilarious that we get promoted and they miss their stupid 2022 target.

McMark
Platinum Member

Post by McMark »

Well over 1200 bluebirds there, and of course they won’t want us to claim bragging rights!
Iron Ore and Shipbuilders Tea!!
http://t.co/gOngBGrUvv?amp=1

thegaffer77
Platinum Member

Post by thegaffer77 »

Kosylo grabbed one of our lads heads and pushed him in the face. He'd already done it twice before and looked like a raging bull when he came on. Good spot from liner.
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

thegaffer77
Platinum Member

Post by thegaffer77 »

Brilliant atmosphere and great result. Loved the fighting spirit of the lads today. Enjoyed Brown's roar to the faithful after seeing the ball out for a goal kick. Me and the kids and my Blackpool pal thoroughly enjoyed it
He was very impressed with how patient Barrow were and how good on the ball. He can't wait to see them again!! Good times.
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07vjd8r

Post Match show featuring the interview with Ian Evatt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07vjd7k

This is the Pre Match show which includes my interview I did with Ian Evatt before today’s game where he talks about the Fylde chairman’s programme notes

DaveBarter
Veteran Member

Post by DaveBarter »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:10 pm
When is White here till? Vital we keep him and Platt for the season, could be the difference
18th Jan. Not sure whether that includes that day or not. He can play in the FA Trophy games too.

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE »

Your kids are the future. They must think it's still Christmas 😁

Ziggerzagger

Post by Ziggerzagger »

Kosylo pulled off Taylor’s mask earlier in game and thought it was funny,liner saw him aim a punch at Barry and was right.y sent off.Dirty player who has been sent off twice previously for spitting at an opponent(only just back from a 5 match ban for this ),their chairman’s programme notes show massive disrespect for both Barrow AFC and Ian Evats.Bentley will hopefully take them down to where they belong in the conf north.

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member

Post by spirit of 1990 »

I thought we easily had half the gate today.....which has to be a bit embarrassing for them 😁

Glad that shit Kosylo got sent off, horrible nasty individual, was it him that tried to pull Taylor’s mask off? What a horrible sneaky tactic to try.
MOTM for me was Platt, outstanding throughout. Great goal by Quigs, definitely thought he’d took it too wide at first though.
Their triple substitutions made it a nerve wracking ending but our players held it together so well in the final twenty minutes or so.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.