A forum for previous match threads.
russell_anderson
Silver Member

Re: barrow v ebbsfleet match thread

Post by russell_anderson »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:12 pm
Platt is as good a defender as we’ve had for a long time
We could do with another striker, sadly the return of Harrison just hasn’t worked out
I agree. If we sign or loan one more good player I'd like it to be a striker.

BoltonBlue

Post by BoltonBlue »

We must be seriously soul destroying to play against at times, there's class, an incredible desire & continuous movement all over the pitch.

Really don't want to tempt fate but im convinced Platt is ready to play in Blackburn's first team already, i can't recall there ever being more a classier, composed defender at the club for his age. This league is a walk in the park for him.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

Fantastic spine in the team. Dixon, Platt, Rooney and Quigley are all in the group of best players in their positions in the league! In fact, I wouldn't have any hesitation in saying Platt and Rooney are definitely the best central defender and best midfielder in the league. I also haven't seen a wingback as good as Barry who, as somebody else said on this forum, is vastly underrated. It is, though, difficult to find a player in our best 13 or 14 players who isn't a very good player!
Last edited by russell_anderson on Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

I went into this thinking it could be a tricky one but after a scrappy opening 5 minutes, we settled into our game. Sending off was fair, Quigs would have been clean in on goal. We just dismantled them and think they gave up after 4 which their manager will rightly be angry about.

7 (Seven!) - 0
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

SayitagainSam

Post by SayitagainSam »

TaylorBAFC wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:30 pm
Excellent. I don't envy how those Ebbsfleet supporters must feel.
At the end of the game I asked an elderly Ebbsfleet fan, red scarf, red t-shirt and all, sitting alone in the Stand if he was sorry he made a 12-hour round trip to witness this. "Not at all, I loved watching all the great goals". :scarf:

ant
Gold Member

Post by ant »

Fantastic energetic display from the lads. We*ve waited so long to hammer someone which our football has deserved! Good to witness.Lets hope we carry on with these* Glory days." ( awaiting a tune from the " Boss." ) :scarf:
Seasons to be cheerful.Part 10 n 3 /4 :skill:

Big E
Veteran Member

Post by Big E »

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Quote from their manager Kevin Watson:

"There is no chance of me making an excuse because we had 10 men. You can see games out with 10 men, you can defend, you can keep your shape. I said at half-time it’s going to be a defensive exercise now, how can we defend. No gaps. Unfortunately it was men against boys and that just will not happen again to one of my teams. And they’ve been told that. I don’t want anybody at any point downing tools like happened there. I’m not used to it. I’ve been used to success as a player and I know what it takes to be successful as a player and its not acceptable.”

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian »

mickmike wilson wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:17 pm
WOW...WOW...WOW...Over the moon here, I genuinely thought they might just frustrate us today with 2 banks of 4 of negative tactics, Next home games late KO means all the local football clubs can come watch BAFC after their games are over....

The Club should offer all these teams a block ticket, Say 10 tickets for the price of 8 or something like that, Lets get 3k+ there for the Telly.

What a time to be a Barrow Fan...
Not so sure an incentive like this would be needed for the Bromley match. Guess many local footballers may have seen one or more of the Christmas games and be aware of the quality on offer already. Advance purchase offers discounts approaching those suggested without someone at the local club having to organise numbers, getting discount tickets and handling cash.

TV games seem to attract decent crowds anyway.

Perhaps time soon to think about the run-in, though? Consider selling a package of advance tickets for (say) the last five matches which might boost attendances leading to the final home game with non-season ticket holders keen to ensure they can watch the last match.

Steeley
Platinum Member

Post by Steeley »

russell_anderson wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:43 pm
Fantastic spine in the team. Dixon, Platt, Rooney and Quigley are all in the group of best players in their positions in the league! In fact, I wouldn't have any hesitation in saying Platt and Rooney are definitely the best central defender and best midfielder in the league. I also haven't seen a wingback as good as Barry who, as somebody else said on this forum, is vastly underrated. It is, though, difficult to find a player in our best 13 or 14 players who isn't a very good player!
Barry is class, not sure we've had a better full back in recent times.
Bish=God

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member

Post by Lancaster Branch »

TaylorBAFC wrote:
I don't envy how those Ebbsfleet supporters must feel.
We’ve had our share of tonkings over the years (Mansfield and Rushden spring to mind the last time we were at this level....and i’ve seen us get walloped by 5 at Welling, Colchester, Farnborough going back a few years...). 6 nil at home to Gainsborough too, of course.

All the more reason to savour days like today. That was a tremendous performance.

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

Lancaster Branch wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:15 pm
TaylorBAFC wrote:
I don't envy how those Ebbsfleet supporters must feel.
We’ve had our share of tonkings over the years (Mansfield and Rushden spring to mind the last time we were at this level....and i’ve seen us get walloped by 5 at Welling, Colchester, Farnborough going back a few years...). 6 nil at home to Gainsborough too, of course.

All the more reason to savour days like today. That was a tremendous performance.
Great days

boyliegladbach
Platinum Member

Post by boyliegladbach »

Notice Rooney has stayed captain even though Taylor has returned in last couple of games.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

SayitagainSam wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:54 pm
TaylorBAFC wrote:
Excellent. I don't envy how those Ebbsfleet supporters must feel.
At the end of the game I asked an elderly Ebbsfleet fan, red scarf, red t-shirt and all, sitting alone in the Stand if he was sorry he made a 12-hour round trip to witness this. "Not at all, I loved watching all the great goals". :scarf:
The same guy who said to me we deserve to be in the football league and hopes we make it. A gracious compliment.

mrsenario
Gold Member

Post by mrsenario »

Alley_Cat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:07 pm
From memory i think the least time we won 7-0 was at home to Knowsley on the first game of the season, i think that was in 94. Any stattos out there?
Remember this game for the crowd singing we were in blue and white stripes and they in yellow and black and we sang Tesco 7 netto nil