barrow v ebbsfleet match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Re: barrow v ebbsfleet match thread

Post by HenneysKnee »

That was incredible; usually against ten men a Barrow team would huff and puff and just scrape a 2v1 win. We absolutely destroyed them by sticking to our principles of passing and moving. Great crowd again, could we get 3000 in again against Bromley for another huge game?

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member

Post by spirit of 1990 »

Alley_Cat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:07 pm
From memory i think the least time we won 7-0 was at home to Knowsley on the first game of the season, i think that was in 94. Any stattos out there?
I said that to the lads but thought it was South Liverpool...having said that I think you’re right now. Was that Andy Whittaker’s first game with us?

“Edit” Just read elsewhere it was Dobie...not Whittaker, don’t know why I thought it was him 🤔
Last edited by spirit of 1990 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Hitthebar22
Veteran Member

Post by Hitthebar22 »

There's no denying we are a very very good side. Platt changed the season (lost 6 out of 9 at the beginning); when he came in everything changed and he made Hird look (and be) good. I put £20 on us to win the league outright before the season started. Could take it out for £300+ tonight, but no chance. Need to keep Platt and White, and maybe bring a midfielder in....think there's something happening as Greaves and Waddington have gone.

romabarrow

Post by romabarrow »

Fantastic result, well done everyone, puts us in a great position for the Bromley game. Got my brother in Poole to get tickets for the Yeovil game, lets hope it's party time. Also going to travel up to the Good Friday Halifax game does anyone know what time this is kicking off, if remember right ther was talk it may be an evening game? Forza Bluebirds

mickycarrol
Bronze Member

Post by mickycarrol »

Hitthebar22 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:15 pm
There's no denying we are a very very good side. Platt changed the season (lost 6 out of 9 at the beginning); when he came in everything changed and he made Hird look (and be) good. I put £20 on us to win the league outright before the season started. Could take it out for £300+ tonight, but no chance. Need to keep Platt and White, and maybe bring a midfielder in....think there's something happening as Greaves and Waddington have gone.
Virgil Van Platt is key to our season he’s superb!
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick »

I can't add any more. We have been saying for months that someone was going to get a drubbing and it ended up being Ebbsfleet albeit they were down to ten. Game played in a good spirit majority of the time and the ref had nothing to do. Onwards and upwards. Keep going and be lucky with injuries........or the lack of them.

Bennyfromormsgill
Bronze Member

Post by Bennyfromormsgill »

Middleton Nick wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:38 pm
I can't add any more. We have been saying for months that someone was going to get a drubbing and it ended up being Ebbsfleet albeit they were down to ten. Game played in a good spirit majority of the time and the ref had nothing to do. Onwards and upwards. Keep going and be lucky with injuries........or the lack of them.
did your mate enjoy the game nick :scarf:
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

Platt is as good a defender as we’ve had for a long time
We could do with another striker, sadly the return of Harrison just hasn’t worked out

cuffy

Post by cuffy »

First thing to say was I thought that today's ref had a great game, best I've seen at home or the few away games I've seen. Well done. We can all get excited about a 7-0 home win (and why shouldn't we). Today pre-match I thought this might prove to be tricky what with them desperate for points and all that. Well oh boy did we give it to them, one player short or not I still think the score would have been similar. The movement from the back to the front was outstanding, two yards in front of Ebbsfleet in attack and defence. Great quality in most of our play and IE has got them believing that they should try and not be scared of failure as they can go again if we don't score. One of the best moments today and fair play to the Ebbsfleet fans who clapped and cheered their team after their first shot on target in about the 70th minute or so. I really believe that summed up what they had been priveliged like us to watch today. Never one to tempt fate with still a lot of football to be played but boy oh boy IE has this team playing to win and it will take another team to be playing as well to catch us. Up the Barrow and here's to Bromley.
Last edited by cuffy on Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick »

Bennyfromormsgill wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:42 pm
Middleton Nick wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:38 pm
did your mate enjoy the game nick :scarf:
He was lost for words and he is looking forward to Bolton Wanderers v Barrow AFC next season.

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

mickmike wilson wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:17 pm
WOW...WOW...WOW...Over the moon here, I genuinely thought they might just frustrate us today with 2 banks of 4 of negative tactics, Next home games late KO means all the local football clubs can come watch BAFC after their games are over....

The Club should offer all these teams a block ticket, Say 10 tickets for the price of 8 or something like that, Lets get 3k+ there for the Telly.

What a time to be a Barrow Fan...
It’s a good idea Mike; should definitely do some form of offer for local clubs to try and swell the gate

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick »

Dare I say that Angus looks more comfortable on the wing running with the ball.

TaylorBAFC

Post by TaylorBAFC »

Excellent. I don't envy how those Ebbsfleet supporters must feel.

ossickbluebird

Post by ossickbluebird »

There keeper was making his debut today........ shame :skill: