Barrow V Atherton MATCH THREAD

A forum for previous match threads.
chipmunx
Bronze Member

Re: Barrow V Atherton MATCH THREAD

Post by chipmunx »

Colin Appleton wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:50 am
Last night's match once again demonstrated just how far this club has come. First the attendance, 861, that's only 200 fewer than came to our second home league game of the season against Eastleigh. Second the style of football, what impressed me most was even the so called fringe players were prepared to pass the ball around. Can you ever recall an occasion that happened during the Edmundson and Cox's eras when the number one priority always seemed to be let's hoof the ball into the opponents half. Thirdly I thought some of the players who don't normally get in the starting squad acquitted themselves well. I thought Matt Elsdon looked solid. Fourth the financial implications, last night's win brought in £4500 in prize money, another match, with hopefully a crowd of more than a thousand and the opportunity to bank a further £5,250. The only downside to the evening Josh Granite was forced off injured and Lewis Hardcastle got booked I don't know how close he is to a suspension but otherwise a great night all round.
I might be wrong - but I think Trophy bookings only apply to the Trophy - red cards I think affect League games though.
Bring it on!!!

Mr Zebedee

Post by Mr Zebedee »

Perhaps another positive is that IE would have been able to assess which players are most capable of stepping up to the first team to cover for injuries and suspensions

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

chipmunx wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:27 am
Colin Appleton wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:50 am
Last night's match once again demonstrated just how far this club has come. First the attendance, 861, that's only 200 fewer than came to our second home league game of the season against Eastleigh. Second the style of football, what impressed me most was even the so called fringe players were prepared to pass the ball around. Can you ever recall an occasion that happened during the Edmundson and Cox's eras when the number one priority always seemed to be let's hoof the ball into the opponents half. Thirdly I thought some of the players who don't normally get in the starting squad acquitted themselves well. I thought Matt Elsdon looked solid. Fourth the financial implications, last night's win brought in £4500 in prize money, another match, with hopefully a crowd of more than a thousand and the opportunity to bank a further £5,250. The only downside to the evening Josh Granite was forced off injured and Lewis Hardcastle got booked I don't know how close he is to a suspension but otherwise a great night all round.
I might be wrong - but I think Trophy bookings only apply to the Trophy - red cards I think affect League games though.
yellow cards only count in the competition in which they were earned but red cards count in any competition.