Barrow v FC United of Manchester

A forum for previous match threads.
Lightflood

Re: Barrow v FC United of Manchester

Post by Lightflood »

Perhaps this should have been a Cat A Game with a Police presence in an official capacity, not just 'spotters'

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

I don't think any Barrow fans felt threatened at all. Our complaint was the empty seats in the O section that the FC fans could have used remained on the whole empty thus the standing in the aisles blocking our view of the goal area. We got round this by also standing when the ball was down that end.
I know segregation disallows this but it wasn't segregation with that daft rope. I was nearer to the FC fans than I was to the next Barrow fan.
It only got like that when the rain started and they came over from the HSE.

LewisBAFC1901

Post by LewisBAFC1901 »

Lightflood wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:50 pm
Perhaps this should have been a Cat A Game with a Police presence in an official capacity, not just 'spotters'
Police not interested unless it’s Barrow fans they can get.

bamber678

Post by bamber678 »

Holkerbird wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:28 pm
I don't think any Barrow fans felt threatened at all. Our complaint was the empty seats in the O section that the FC fans could have used remained on the whole empty thus the standing in the aisles blocking our view of the goal area. We got round this by also standing when the ball was down that end.
I know segregation disallows this but it wasn't segregation with that daft rope. I was nearer to the FC fans than I was to the next Barrow fan.
Maybe you should have been in the holker street end then, a fan jumping the segregation barrier to try get to barrow fans or the 3 FCUM fans coming in just before FT. I think my niece will disagree with you on that

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

bamber678 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:49 pm
Holkerbird wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:28 pm
Maybe you should have been in the holker street end then, a fan jumping the segregation barrier to try get to barrow fans or the 3 FCUM fans coming in just before FT. I think my niece will disagree with you on that
My comment was about fans in the stand.
All the kids in the stand were perfectly happy.
Perhaps in future that would be a preferable place to be with your niece as the HSE has been the scene of disturbances in the past. It might be your preferred place but not for your niece.

SayitagainSam

Post by SayitagainSam »

Some of the comments on this subject are quite naïve. (ie: everyone was happy and getting along, etc. which in fact was true)

The point is, it would only have taken one drunken idiot, upset at his team being 0 - 7 down, to create an ugly incident. It's happened before. 'It only takes a spark to start a fire'.

Due to contravention of the League Safety and Security Regulations regarding A. only those with assigned seats are allowed in the Stand, B. No standing in the seated Stands and C. No blockage of the exit aisles... meant both sets of fans were standing/sitting shoulder to shoulder (separated by a single rope) and D. No Stewards or Police.

The Barrow Supporters in Section 0 were not your typical rough and tumble 20's/30's terrace fans, but the elderly, women and children.

I'm sure A. - D. is being addressed by the Club and it was a one-off issue.

Moving on. :skill:
Last edited by SayitagainSam on Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 11 times in total.

olbarrafancumbak
Silver Member

Post by olbarrafancumbak »

FFS...why not just call the the fa, sky news and the football police and shout from the rooftops to get the club in potential bother!!!

Club will have learned a lesson let's move on and focus on the bloody positive and let the club sort any future big gates out!

Jeez ..if anyone has a problem with things get in touch or go in person and speak direct

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

SayitagainSam wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:15 am
Some of the comments on this subject are quite naïve. (ie: everyone was happy and getting along, etc. which in fact was true)

The point is, it would only have taken one beer-filled lunatic, upset at his team being 0 - 7 down, to create an ugly incident. It's happened before. 'It only takes a spark to start a fire'.

Due to contravention of the League Safety and Security Regulations regarding A. only those with assigned seats are allowed in the Stand, B. No standing in the seated Stands and C. No blockage of the exit aisles... meant both sets of fans were standing/sitting shoulder to shoulder (separated by a single rope)

The Barrow Supporters in Section 0 were not your typical rough and tumble 20's/30's terrace fans, but the elderly, women and children.

Fortunately we got away with breaking the rules on this occasion, and I'm sure it won't happen again.
End seat O block and an old person. We survived so I think we can move on now otherwise it will go round and round.
The club are aware of the problem and are trying to implement a solution. Very difficult in a stadium that isn't designed for modern football.
In all the years I have sat there there hasn't been one incident where I have felt threatened or intimidated. Strong opinions voiced but recognised people have a right to them. (Just as long as I have the last word. 😂)

200miles

Post by 200miles »

Any match highlights available?

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

200miles wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:48 pm
Any match highlights available?
No, the club don't do them anymore.

200miles

Post by 200miles »

Yes, I thought maybe there were FA Trophy highlights in the same manner as the National League ones

SayitagainSam

Post by SayitagainSam »

Baxterj732 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:54 pm
I thought Byron wasn't bad today, you can't compare him to the bryon of old, it's clear that his injuries have taken they're toll but he still held the ball up okay in my opinion, he's a squad player, not a starter anymore like he was under Cox,

Was his goal given as an own goal or has it been given to Byron?
For the Record, as per NWEM.
nwem.png
nwem.png (15.85 KiB) Viewed 372 times
https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/1815989 ... -harrison/

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

SayitagainSam wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:21 pm
Baxterj732 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:54 pm
I thought Byron wasn't bad today, you can't compare him to the bryon of old, it's clear that his injuries have taken they're toll but he still held the ball up okay in my opinion, he's a squad player, not a starter anymore like he was under Cox,

Was his goal given as an own goal or has it been given to Byron?
For the Record, as per NWEM.

nwem.png

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/1815989 ... -harrison/
He'll score a more important goal come the end of the season. :scarf: