HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Re: solihull v barrow matchthread

Post by HenneysKnee »

I believe the finance is there if Evatt did want to make any signings

CH BAFC

Post by CH BAFC »

https://youtu.be/DNsqlp3TmRw highlights are here, cant see or understand why our goal was disallowed, looked more like they fouled us than we did to them with the amount of pushing in the area, and that blatant handball from the keeper out his area being missed, ah well we did well to hold a point and made some cracking challenges to keep them at bay.

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

Grabbing and pushing like that in the box goes on all the time these days. I hate seeing it and it’s crept into our game too. End result- goal disallowed.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Barra Marra

Post by Barra Marra »

Couldn't really see anything wrong with the goal. That's probably due to the massive white post in the middle of the shot though :lol:
We all live in the back of Holker Street, the back of Holker Street* :scarf:

*the above statement may not actually reflect real life circumstances

SKIPPER
Platinum Member

Post by SKIPPER »

kikka wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:27 pm
I don't know how the finances are , or how much the current lapse in 'drive' has been affected by ill health or niggling injuries within the squad - but , if it was possible it might be worth trying to bring in a couple of quality loans before long just to ensure that we can maintain our results sequence through to the end of the season without having to place too much stress or reliance on the current group of players - who , so far , have done splendidly. It would be a pity to miss out through 'exhaustion' rather than skill.

This is in no way intended as a criticism - it is merely a suggestion ( which I fully understand may not be possible ) :skill:
Evo admitted on RC this morning that he may need another striker to give Scott and Dior competition and had had talks with the chairman in that respect. Seems last two games have highlighted this where chances not taken have cost us four points.Unfortunately doesn't bode well for the future of Hindle and Penfold (remember him ?)

Barra Marra

Post by Barra Marra »

The only times I've had the chance to see Penfold in action, he's been used as more of a wide player. I think a goalscorer to back up and challenge Dior and Quigs would be prudent. Whether that be a loan signing or a permanent one , who knows. But we've all seen the struggles from Byron and Jack in front of goal (not withstanding whatever role they've been asked to play when brought on) and it would be worrying should either of our main goal threats suffer an injury.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

Barra Marra wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:06 pm
The only times I've had the chance to see Penfold in action, he's been used as more of a wide player. I think a goalscorer to back up and challenge Dior and Quigs would be prudent. Whether that be a loan signing or a permanent one , who knows. But we've all seen the struggles from Byron and Jack in front of goal (not withstanding whatever role they've been asked to play when brought on) and it would be worrying should either of our main goal threats suffer an injury.
The manager obviously doesn't think any of those 3 players are good enough otherwise they would have been playing more than the odd few minutes. I certainly think we will be very exposed if either of Quigley or Angus was injured or suspended.

Adam29
Platinum Member

Post by Adam29 »

SKIPPER wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:48 am
kikka wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:27 pm
I don't know how the finances are , or how much the current lapse in 'drive' has been affected by ill health or niggling injuries within the squad - but , if it was possible it might be worth trying to bring in a couple of quality loans before long just to ensure that we can maintain our results sequence through to the end of the season without having to place too much stress or reliance on the current group of players - who , so far , have done splendidly. It would be a pity to miss out through 'exhaustion' rather than skill.

This is in no way intended as a criticism - it is merely a suggestion ( which I fully understand may not be possible ) :skill:
Evo admitted on RC this morning that he may need another striker to give Scott and Dior competition and had had talks with the chairman in that respect. Seems last two games have highlighted this where chances not taken have cost us four points.Unfortunately doesn't bode well for the future of Hindle and Penfold (remember him ?)
Penfold being looked at as one for the future and club are looking to send him out on loan as confirmed on the radio last week

Barra Marra

Post by Barra Marra »

Adam29 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:48 pm
SKIPPER wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:48 am

Penfold being looked at as one for the future and club are looking to send him out on loan as confirmed on the radio last week
While chasing promotion, then that actually bodes quite well for Morgan Penfold. I hardly think a club with aspirations of being in the football league would want to develop a lad who isn't up to it in the national league.
That still leaves the question of where Byron Harrison and Jack Hindle stand for the future (and indeed the now).
Last edited by Barra Marra on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.