A forum for previous match threads.
Barra Marra

Re: barrow v torquay matchthread

Post by Barra Marra »

Nigel Bamford wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:32 am
Matty wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:41 am

It will be available on BBC Sounds, any idea of what time it was mentioned?
Somewhere between 7:00 and 7:20 I reckon. They mention Exeter first then it was a very brief reading of a text from someone called Ian.
Evo texting the BBC to get us a mention? :lol:
We all live in the back of Holker Street, the back of Holker Street* :scarf:

*the above statement may not actually reflect real life circumstances

chipmunx
Bronze Member

Post by chipmunx »

Bring it on!!!

chipmunx
Bronze Member

Post by chipmunx »

was the Torquay manager the summariser in the 2010 FA Trophy final? listening to his post match interview it sounds like the same voice that was commenting on Jason Walkers winner...
Bring it on!!!

Mr Zebedee

Post by Mr Zebedee »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:04 pm
Jonty wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:00 pm
The Main stand was rammed
Of course it was, people desperate to catch a glimpse of God on his return to Holker Street ;)
Didn't realise the one and only Colin Cowperthwaite was there yesterday :lol:

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Mr Zebedee wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:51 pm
Proccy was there as well! :)

Barra Marra

Post by Barra Marra »

They really do have a proper chip on the shoulder don't they? More class? Only struggling through injury? Having the cheek to commend the ref for their "goal" but moaning Quigley was offside?

Yet another ex football league reject team believing they're better than everyone else despite the bang average league position and continual failure to produce much in the way of consistent, entertaining football. How about instead of mentioning the injuries in the squad they be thankful they have a squad (and budget) big enough to replace these injuries? We have one of, if not the smallest squad and budget in this league and continue to upset and embarrass "big" clubs whose only parting shot is always about the ground and the town being a sh*thole. Must be nice to not have had to choose between survival and upgrading the stadium. Hope the journey home was horrible back to the "English riviera". Here's a clue as to how big a club you are. More people in the world know Torquay for Basil Fawlty than your bang average football club.

Mind you, i'd be salty and bitter if I was being made to look sh*t by a classless side with a sh*t stadium in a sh*thole town.

Rant over

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

barrowfan wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:14 pm
Mr Zebedee wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:51 pm
Proccy was there as well! :)
Tony Chiltons organised a reunion for some of the ex players for the Notts County game as well

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

Barra Marra wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:18 pm
They really do have a proper chip on the shoulder don't they? More class? Only struggling through injury? Having the cheek to commend the ref for their "goal" but moaning Quigley was offside?

Yet another ex football league reject team believing they're better than everyone else despite the bang average league position and continual failure to produce much in the way of consistent, entertaining football. How about instead of mentioning the injuries in the squad they be thankful they have a squad (and budget) big enough to replace these injuries? We have one of, if not the smallest squad and budget in this league and continue to upset and embarrass "big" clubs whose only parting shot is always about the ground and the town being a sh*thole. Must be nice to not have had to choose between survival and upgrading the stadium. Hope the journey home was horrible back to the "English riviera". Here's a clue as to how big a club you are. More people in the world know Torquay for Basil Fawlty than your bang average football club.

Mind you, i'd be salty and bitter if I was being made to look sh*t by a classless side with a sh*t stadium in a sh*thole town.

Rant over
I wouldn’t get too upset about all that. We’ve read /heard it all before- grim, isolated, shithole etc yawn. Easy hits. Torquay has its problems too. As does everywhere.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

blue nige
Gold Member

Post by blue nige »

To be fair some Torquay fans were stood outside their bus and i commentated on the fact that it was good to see fans following their team and travelling all the way up here and they wished Barrow all the best and said we deserved to go up !

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick »

blue nige wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:26 pm
To be fair some Torquay fans were stood outside their bus and i commentated on the fact that it was good to see fans following their team and travelling all the way up here and they wished Barrow all the best and said we deserved to go up !
Always made welcome in their bar.

Barra Marra

Post by Barra Marra »

Having 're read the article, maybe I was quick to jump on it being derogatory. It didn't seem as bad on second reading. I still take issue with calling us no frills and physical though. Clearly haven't watched any highlights this season or, indeed, been watching when our two goals were scored.

Point still stands about the need to drag down the town and stadium. As said, cheap shots and nothing to do with the game.
Last edited by Barra Marra on Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olbarrafancumbak
Silver Member

Post by olbarrafancumbak »

Barra Marra wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:47 pm
Having 're read the article, maybe I was quick to jump on it being derogatory. It didn't seem as bad on second reading. I still take issue with calling us no frills and physical though. Clearly haven't watched any highlights this season or, indeed, been watching when our two goals were scored.

Point still stands about the need to drag down the town and stadium. As said, cheap shots and nothing to do with the game.
To be fair.. I thought it was a reasonable write up.

Liked the bit about waking us up and rattling our cage or wasp nest..

A blue print for them to follow...take that as a compliment!

Only disappointment for me yesterday was the attendance.. really hope folk start backing this team as they thoroughly deserve it!

barrowfan
Platinum Member

Post by barrowfan »

Can't find the video highlights from yesterday. Can anyone help please?

ossickbluebird

Post by ossickbluebird »

Just watched them on BT Sport Catch up mate

Mark Johnson
Silver Member

Post by Mark Johnson »