barnet away match thread [trophy]

A forum for previous match threads.
Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by Middleton Nick »

Just watched the highlights. I wasn't their but we are not as poor as that normally. I appreciate that 5 minutes highlights could give a false impression but I think you will see a different Barrow on saturday.

Moribund
Gold Member

Post by Moribund »

Middleton Nick wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:22 pm
Just watched the highlights. I wasn't their but we are not as poor as that normally. I appreciate that 5 minutes highlights could give a false impression but I think you will see a different Barrow on saturday.
In that big article from The Athletic, Evatt goes on about is winning the ball back within six seconds - there was none of that in those highlights. I'm not suggesting the players on Saturday were told to take it easy, but there was no effort at all to win the ball back...

sandbee

Post by sandbee »

Another Barnet fan here.

The match highlights show very little of the first half so it's not obvious from them quite how poor the first half was and how both teams offered very little, basically just cancelled each other out. The highlights also miss the incident just past the half hour when Platt repeated the incident which lead to his yellow card and so should have had a second yellow ( the ref totally bottled it).

Alexander, who scored the first goal is a full back who almost never gets into a goal scoring position, let alone actually scores. The fact that you gave him so much time and space yesterday to put the ball in the net said it all.

The comments on here that you have a very good team but nothing in reserve was very obvious. I hope for your promotion prospects that your first eleven avoid injury for the rest of the season as you could be scuppered otherwise.

I did feel sorry for your travelling supporters. It's a very long journey to watch your players not really turn up. Although I do think you're right not to let the FAT get in the way of your promotion hopes.

As for Byron Harrison - usually you fear returning players might score against their old clubs. No such danger yesterday.

Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from your return to The Hive!

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

Some of the comments on here are laughable! Over reacting and looking into things too much ect. Yes we could benefit from having abit more from the bench but apart from that nothing to worry about or take from Saturdays game.

blue nige
Gold Member

Post by blue nige »

Draw for the Buildbase FA Trophy:

Barnet vs Halesowen Town
Notts County vs Aveley
Concord Rangers vs Royston Town
AFC Fylde vs Harrogate Town

Hopefully good for us !

Barra Marra

Post by Barra Marra »

BAFC_98 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 am
Some of the comments on here are laughable! Over reacting and looking into things too much ect. Yes we could benefit from having abit more from the bench but apart from that nothing to worry about or take from Saturdays game.
This.
Last edited by Barra Marra on Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We all live in the back of Holker Street, the back of Holker Street* :scarf:

*the above statement may not actually reflect real life circumstances