Good enough result for us that
Blue not manky tangerine..

Mark Johnson
Silver Member

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by Mark Johnson »

AugustusCorpa wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:03 pm
[quote=Jim post_id=416809 time=<a href="tel:1581181045">1581181045</a> user_id=89]
As Adam has just said on Radio Cumbria, it is worrying that very few of our fringe players look capable of stepping in if a key first team player gets injured. Possibly Brown and Granite at a pinch.
Agree, Granite was in great form before he got injured and Browns reliable enough. He’s done ok this season. God help us if Quigs gets injured.
[/quote]

What great form are you referring to? He was dropped for platt and was warming the bench. He hardly played!

liverpoolann

Post by liverpoolann »

Rather disappointed in that performance.I am in the try and win every game camp .If you start losing habit knocks confidence and worse case scenario slip up end losing play offs won nothing.Hope manager can stabilise things and like others think some squad players can’t cut it this level

AugustusCorpa
Bronze Member

Post by AugustusCorpa »

Mark Johnson wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:06 pm
AugustusCorpa wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:03 pm
[quote=Jim post_id=416809 time=<a href="tel:1581181045">1581181045</a> user_id=89]
As Adam has just said on Radio Cumbria, it is worrying that very few of our fringe players look capable of stepping in if a key first team player gets injured. Possibly Brown and Granite at a pinch.
Agree, Granite was in great form before he got injured and Browns reliable enough. He’s done ok this season. God help us if Quigs gets injured.
What great form are you referring to? He was dropped for platt and was warming the bench. He hardly played!
[/quote]

When he came back before he knackered his shoulder. He played with Platt

Mark Johnson
Silver Member

Post by Mark Johnson »

AugustusCorpa wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm
Mark Johnson wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:06 pm

[/quote]

1 game isn’t ‘form’

Kirks

Post by Kirks »

Hopefully this will be our last ever FA trophy match, personally I've always enjoyed the trips away( obvs the two Wembley games) so watching todays half arsed performance was a disappointment.
Last edited by Kirks on Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:00 pm
Jim wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:57 pm
Think we’ve said for a while a back up centre back/left sided defender and a quick striker are needed but Evatt seems happy with what he’s got. When you look to the bench when we are losing Harrison and Hindle don’t inspire coming on and creating a comeback
H'e's got to be happy publically especially if he knows we can't afford any other players. It certainly won't make any of the reserves want to play if he says publically that they aren't good enough. We can, though, and I agree exactly with your analysis of what we need.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

Moribund wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:00 pm
Jim wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:57 pm
Clearly didn't fancy it today, but it's obvious to anyone that we've only got 12/13 decent players. Makes our league position even more remarkable.
Completely agree. I've said for a long time that we only have a maximum of 13 players good enough to play at the top of this league. It really is a matter of keeping fingers firmly crossed that Dixon, Platt, Rooney and Quigley don't get injured or suspended before the end of the season because I don't think we have cover at anywhere near the level for any of those players.

SayitagainSam

Post by SayitagainSam »

AugustusCorpa wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:30 pm
Has Harrison got his hat-trick yet?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BH Record

2016–2018
Barrow 56 (27)

2018 Sutton United (loan) 13 (4)

2018–2019
Barnet 20 (1)

2019–2020
Barrow 24 (0)

Diminishing returns for a one-time good Striker, but who no longer contributes to the goal-tally. 1 Goal in the last 44 games is simply not good enough. Facts don't lie. If a Striker can't score goals, he's not doing his job, becomes a waste of space and needs to make way for someone who can score. Sorry, nothing personal against the kid, that's just football life.
Last edited by SayitagainSam on Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daltonbellringer

Post by daltonbellringer »

so apart from barnet to rearrange there is only Harrogate to rearrange possibly if they continue in the trophy,at least we know when we are playing now

Tomo

Post by Tomo »

Remember when cox was in charge we were in the play offs till about xmas then had some injuries (think Harrison was one ) then we fell apart and missed out .

BoltonBlue

Post by BoltonBlue »

liverpoolann wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:08 pm
Rather disappointed in that performance.I am in the try and win every game camp .If you start losing habit knocks confidence and worse case scenario slip up end losing play offs won nothing.Hope manager can stabilise things and like others think some squad players can’t cut it this level
Completely agree with this, I can relate to folk not wanting any league distractions with what is looking like a ‘strong 13 player squad’ but consecutive defeats could ultimately have a detrimental affect on squad confidence. Hopefully IE can get them well motivated for next week and get back to winning ways. Can Blackburn loan us another Platt please.

AugustusCorpa
Bronze Member

Post by AugustusCorpa »

Mark Johnson wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:10 pm
AugustusCorpa wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:09 pm

1 game isn’t ‘form’
[/quote]

2 games actually but agree not exactly form. Just remember he didn’t put a foot wrong against Sutton.

blue nige
Gold Member

Post by blue nige »

A few people on here have stated "we can't afford more players " considering we might never get in this position again CAN we afford not to?

Barra Marra

Post by Barra Marra »

Unfortunately, for me, as much as i want the lads to do well, Byron and Jack Hindle just don't seem to be adequate cover for Quigley and Angus. The trophy has shown that some of these lads just aren't operating at the same level as the first choice starters. The performance against Atherton was laboured and today sounded very poor. I don't know what budget is available and whether, or not Ian Evatt is working behind the scenes to bolster the squad. I think it's pretty clear it's needed. If we lost Quigs or Angus or Rooney to injury it could be disastrous for our attacking options. As said, he has publicly backed his squad, but he has to doesn't he? You can't go and publicly run down the players you may rely on should injuries occur, but I imagine a man of his footballing nouse knows, in his own mind, that they just aren't going to cut it. One good thing is, that loans can be relatively quick to sort out if needed. Maybe he's working on that basis? Again, I don't know.
Now is no time to be down or negative though. This game was always going to be a strange one with many changes to the side and minds on the league. Scratch it from the reckoning in terms of form for the run in. Tuesday night, well, we should've romped it but for an off night in front of goal. Plenty of chances created.
We are still in a hell of position and we are still the best team in the league. For me, we could just do with a bit of back up to make us the best SQUAD in the league. Other than that, nothing has changed from last Saturday. Still a good points cushion, still the best starting 11 in the league, still the best manager in the league. Wipe this from the memory banks and bash on next saturday. :scarf:
We all live in the back of Holker Street, the back of Holker Street* :scarf:

*the above statement may not actually reflect real life circumstances