barnet away match thread [trophy]

A forum for previous match threads.
barrowfan
Platinum Member
Posts: 6986
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by barrowfan »

Adam29 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:24 pm
barrowfan wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:22 pm


National League website shows the Barnet game on Feb 29th.
Which is when the next round of the trophy is
Exactly! :)

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member
Posts: 4329
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by HenneysKnee »

Jonty wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:42 pm
and now someone is saying we need someone new up front because our top goal scorer had an off day in front of goal.

I can’t believe what I’m reading last couple of posts, ...actually I can.
Actually what people are saying is the back up’s aren’t good enough; when we were behind last week did you honestly believe bringing Hindle or Harrison on would change the game? Or god forbid if Quigley or Angus was injured for any length of time neither of those are good enough to start every week for a title challenging team

Hadrian
Gold Member
Posts: 2402
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by Hadrian »

barrowfan wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:27 pm

presumably the loan market but that’s for the manager to decide if he needs anyone at all. That’s what he’s paid for! :)
And to decide if anyone potentially available is likely to be suitable.

Barra Marra
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Location: West Cumbria marra
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by Barra Marra »

A lot of the discussion is around the cover up front but how did Simpson do between the sticks? Obviously conceded 3 but it didn't sound like he was to blame for them. Point being if (heaven forbid) anything happened to Joel are we well covered? How far is Saltmer from being fit again?
We all live in the back of Holker Street, the back of Holker Street* :scarf:

*the above statement may not actually reflect real life circumstances

Barra Marra
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Location: West Cumbria marra
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by Barra Marra »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:37 pm
Jonty wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:42 pm
and now someone is saying we need someone new up front because our top goal scorer had an off day in front of goal.

I can’t believe what I’m reading last couple of posts, ...actually I can.
Actually what people are saying is the back up’s aren’t good enough; when we were behind last week did you honestly believe bringing Hindle or Harrison on would change the game? Or god forbid if Quigley or Angus was injured for any length of time neither of those are good enough to start every week for a title challenging team
This. 100%. Not in any way questioning our starting line up. I'll say it again. Our starting line up is hands down the best in this league
We all live in the back of Holker Street, the back of Holker Street* :scarf:

*the above statement may not actually reflect real life circumstances

AugustusCorpa
Bronze Member
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by AugustusCorpa »

What did Evo say post match? I had to pop out.
Blue not manky tangerine..

PerthBluebird
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by PerthBluebird »

Big thing for me is the fear factor will have lifted for a lot of teams after us being beaten twice regardless of putting out a weakened team today looking as well at the draw heaps of lower level teams notts county fylde should gave fought on both fronts
Be seeing you

User avatar
Steelworks End
Platinum Member
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by Steelworks End »

I'm not too despondent after this game. Barrow didn't deserve to win, but Barnet were flattered by the scoreline; if White's screamer against the bar had gone in early in the second half when the score was 0-0, it could have been a different game. Instead, Barrow switched off for ten minutes or so and conceded the three goals.

To an extent it was mission accomplished; whilst an end-of-season finale at Wembley would have been an enticing thought, in reality winning the League and Trophy double with our relatively small squad might have been a step too far, and we could easily have fallen between two stools. We have won the Trophy twice, 30 and 10 years ago but the last time we were promoted to the Football League was 99 years ago.Time to redress the balance.

AugustusCorpa
Bronze Member
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by AugustusCorpa »

Does anyone on here remember the last time we were promoted to the football league?
Blue not manky tangerine..

User avatar
Jonty
Platinum Member
Posts: 6895
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by Jonty »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:37 pm
Jonty wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:42 pm
and now someone is saying we need someone new up front because our top goal scorer had an off day in front of goal.

I can’t believe what I’m reading last couple of posts, ...actually I can.
Actually what people are saying is the back up’s aren’t good enough; when we were behind last week did you honestly believe bringing Hindle or Harrison on would change the game? Or god forbid if Quigley or Angus was injured for any length of time neither of those are good enough to start every week for a title challenging team
I don’t even think that way to be honest. I think about Quigley finishing as the leagues top scorer and Angus getting better every game.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

TaylorBAFC
Senior Member
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:08 pm
Location: Walney Island
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by TaylorBAFC »

Jim wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:33 pm
Feel sorry for the hardy souls who have gone on supporters' coach.
The result hasn't deterred the mood. All in good spirits!

barrowfan
Platinum Member
Posts: 6986
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by barrowfan »

Hope they get home safe and sound before the storm starts. :)

Middleton Nick
Gold Member
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by Middleton Nick »

TaylorBAFC wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:43 pm
Jim wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:33 pm
Feel sorry for the hardy souls who have gone on supporters' coach.
The result hasn't deterred the mood. All in good spirits!
Not too many spirits on the bus I hope :shock:

GTBLUE
Platinum Member
Posts: 4600
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by GTBLUE »

AugustusCorpa wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:36 pm
Does anyone on here remember the last time we were promoted to the football league?
See above.

AugustusCorpa
Bronze Member
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: barnet away match thread [trophy]

Post by AugustusCorpa »

GTBLUE wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:50 pm
AugustusCorpa wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:36 pm
Does anyone on here remember the last time we were promoted to the football league?
See above.
I was jesting. Wondered if we had any 100+ yr old supporters on the forum. Sorry!
Last edited by AugustusCorpa on Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue not manky tangerine..

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest