Barrow v Dover match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
Paulmichael

Re: Barrow v Dover match thread

Post by Paulmichael »

If we get to league 2, I'd imagine we'd average over 3k with the buzz of been back in the league and increased away followings, which would be comparable to the likes of macclesfield, stevenage, morecambe etc who have come up from non league, i think we have more potential than those clubs, and if we can consolidate in the league and improve the stadium and matchday experience we can build gradually on those numbers

Jonty
Platinum Member

Post by Jonty »

It would have been points dropped for us if we hadn't finally got the winner, or they had managed to scruff one in with the wind behind them. I cant recall any periods of play when they were on top, they couldn't put a pass together and relied totally on balls over the top for Effiong. Their keeper kept the score down.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Electricblues
Veteran Member

Post by Electricblues »

Hardcastle's turn, dribble and long pass to Quigley that resulted in the goal was niiiiiice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JvZZnA4ugk&t=3m14s

Middleton Nick
Gold Member

Post by Middleton Nick »

Off the highlights it looks like their keeper was MOM for them. We are creating lots of chances and should have probably won by a larger margin. The only time I will be worried is when we don't create anything and I don't see that coming any time soon. Onwards and keeping upwards.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

Middleton Nick wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:43 pm
Off the highlights it looks like their keeper was MOM for them. We are creating lots of chances and should have probably won by a larger margin. The only time I will be worried is when we don't create anything and I don't see that coming any time soon. Onwards and keeping upwards.
Their keeper is an Australian on loan from Charlton.

tictactoe
Platinum Member

Post by tictactoe »

We shouldn’t base budget on high attendances when we are doing well because if things start going pear shaped those attendances will drop. Champions league tv does t help but think of those that work shifts who can’t attend also. Due to shifts I’ve probably missed more than I’ve seen this season, unfortunately that’s life for me at the moment,but doesn’t make me any less a fan after supporting the club for 30 years.
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

HenneysKnee
Platinum Member

Post by HenneysKnee »

Middleton Nick wrote:
Off the highlights it looks like their keeper was MOM for them.
Even by Holker Streets standards I don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalkeeper kick worse in windy conditions than he did on Tuesday

Barra Marra

Post by Barra Marra »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:27 pm
Middleton Nick wrote:
Even by Holker Streets standards I don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalkeeper kick worse in windy conditions than he did on Tuesday
Yep. Awful. His shot stopping was top drawer though. Although Quigley should have buried it, that save was top class to get across and throw himself in front of the shot.
We all live in the back of Holker Street, the back of Holker Street* :scarf:

*the above statement may not actually reflect real life circumstances

Baxterj732

Post by Baxterj732 »

HenneysKnee wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:27 pm
Middleton Nick wrote:
To be honest, Dovers back line did him no favours by not offering anything short, meaning he had to try and go long
Heaven is a place on earth, we prefer to call it Holker Street :scarf: popular side since 2002! :scarf:

Pedro
Silver Member

Post by Pedro »

If anyone wants to listening to Dovers Manager Andy Hessenthaler it's quite glowing about I.E and the team.
Makes a change from moaning opposition Managers

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE »

I've seen it. And he goes on how they gave Barrow a game and were always in it. No idea what game he was watching. And yes he did say we will win the league !