A forum for previous match threads.
BAFC_98

Re: Barrow v Dover match thread

Post by BAFC_98 »

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:39 am
BAFC_98 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:55 am
This thread :lol: :lol: :lol: We win another game so people have to go to the attendances to moan at. Some people honestly. :roll:
If people want to comment on the attendance so what? People aren’t moaning at the result that’s got nothing to do with why they’re mentioning the attendance. If next seasons budget (promotion or not) is worked out on lower attendances it will have the knock-on of the quality of player we can go into the market for.
People acting like last night was a bad attendance. [SwearFilter] off

Main Stand SeasonTct

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct »

spirit of 1990 wrote:
BAFC_98 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:55 am
This thread :lol: :lol: :lol: We win another game so people have to go to the attendances to moan at. Some people honestly. :roll:
If people want to comment on the attendance so what? People aren’t moaning at the result that’s got nothing to do with why they’re mentioning the attendance. If next seasons budget (promotion or not) is worked out on lower attendances it will have the knock-on of the quality of player we can go into the market for.
Given the weather last nigh of freezing high winds the attendance was good IMO. If this was a nothing game and we sat in mid table we would have been looking at an attendance of around 850-950. The fact we managed to get over 2000 on such a bad night with Champions league on the TV shows how far we have come. Everybody wants more but the reality is that we are where we are attendance wise. Looking at the fixtures coming up i would expect 2500+ for Dagenham and then 3500+ attendances for the remainder.As for attendances and budgets and quality of player a lot depends how greedy players are wages wise
Last edited by Main Stand SeasonTct on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

BAFC_98 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:48 am
spirit of 1990 wrote:

This. People do really have short memories if they feel the need to moan about a 2000 crowd on a Tuesday night at HS in February. Remember all those great Tuesday night performances of yesteryear (e.g. Fleetwood) that we used to eulogise about not so long ago, the ones where the atmosphere was fantastic and the crowd were right behind the team? Well those games were all played in front of crowds of less than 2000.

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

BAFC_98 wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:

Can we have a bit of respect here for other peoples views please.?
Telling our great leader of the volunteers to swear filter off is not on so as Queen Holkerbird I am fining you the princely sum of £5 to be donated to the volunteers ground improvement fund. Failure to pay it will result in getting a rattle round the ear'ole from said rattle. 😂

Jim
Platinum Member

Post by Jim »

olbarrafancumbak
Silver Member

Post by olbarrafancumbak »

BAFC_98 wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:

How nice... Another keyboard warrior being the tough guy!
Better attendance means better quality of players, improvement on and off the pitch you knuckle head!

Fact of the matter is and it's a subject discussed many times. Do the people of barrow and surrounding areas actually want a football league club? 7plus thousand on a day out in the fa cup yet we can't get 4k in a regular basis with a team playing better football than most league two or even league one teams!

Take your silly head for a wobble

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

olbarrafancumbak wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:32 am
BAFC_98 wrote:

How nice... Another keyboard warrior being the tough guy!
Better attendance means better quality of players, improvement on and off the pitch you knuckle head!

Fact of the matter is and it's a subject discussed many times. Do the people of barrow and surrounding areas actually want a football league club? 7plus thousand on a day out in the fa cup yet we can't get 4k in a regular basis with a team playing better football than most league two or even league one teams!

Take your silly head for a wobble
[SwearFilter] off, and ill tell you that at the next game if you like so its not through a keyboard. Obviously better attendances mean more money, more players, ect. My point was solely about last nights attendance and that it wasnt a bad one considering the circumstances. Anyone who thinks last nights attendance was bad can "take their silly heads for a wobble"

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

Holkerbird wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:25 am
BAFC_98 wrote:

Can we have a bit of respect here for other peoples views please.?
Telling our great leader of the volunteers to swear filter off is not on so as Queen Holkerbird I am fining you the princely sum of £5 to be donated to the volunteers ground improvement fund. Failure to pay it will result in getting a rattle round the ear'ole from said rattle. 😂
:D

Lancaster Branch
Platinum Member

Post by Lancaster Branch »

Gutsy win last night, well done everyone 👍

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member

Post by spirit of 1990 »

BAFC_98 wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:

Not got a problem with anyone thinking the attendance was good/decent/poor, just putting my opinion on what I (and others) thought about it. I came up with several reasons why I think the people of Barrow should be attending games in larger numbers...your response is to tell anyone disagreeing with you to [SwearFilter] off. Brilliant.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Nigel Bamford
Gold Member

Post by Nigel Bamford »

Kevin Lokko, the Dover captain injured last night, is OK and has travelled home with the rest of the team.
It all comes 'round again.

Bombadel

Post by Bombadel »

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:54 pm
BAFC_98 wrote:

Not got a problem with anyone thinking the attendance was good/decent/poor, just putting my opinion on what I (and others) thought about it. I came up with several reasons why I think the people of Barrow should be attending games in larger numbers...your response is to tell anyone disagreeing with you to [SwearFilter] off. Brilliant.
If you check all of his previous posts he’s got this edgy attitude in most of them. Probably to much White lightning

Steeley
Platinum Member

Post by Steeley »

Attendance is decent in Perspective. Would've been lucky to get 1200 in any other season in stormy February. Numbers will be much higher for Saturday's and after storms have blown over. CL is a big factor too.

Huge win last night made even better by the other game being abandoned at HT. Couldn't have gone better really as that will be a big kick in the teeth for Harrogate, and another game to fit in for them.
Bish=God

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

spirit of 1990 wrote:
BAFC_98 wrote:

Was on about the attendance last night not attendances as a whole. (Brilliant)

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

Bombadel wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:14 pm
spirit of 1990 wrote:

If you check all of his previous posts he’s got this edgy attitude in most of them. Probably to much White lightning
Productive day for you then? Also he?