olbarrafancumbak
Silver Member

Re: Barrow v Dover match thread

Post by olbarrafancumbak »

BAFC_98 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:45 am
olbarrafancumbak wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:32 am

How nice... Another keyboard warrior being the tough guy!
Better attendance means better quality of players, improvement on and off the pitch you knuckle head!

Fact of the matter is and it's a subject discussed many times. Do the people of barrow and surrounding areas actually want a football league club? 7plus thousand on a day out in the fa cup yet we can't get 4k in a regular basis with a team playing better football than most league two or even league one teams!

Take your silly head for a wobble
[SwearFilter] off, and ill tell you that at the next game if you like so its not through a keyboard. Obviously better attendances mean more money, more players, ect. My point was solely about last nights attendance and that it wasnt a bad one considering the circumstances. Anyone who thinks last nights attendance was bad can "take their silly heads for a wobble"
I will.be stood at my usual place mate.. see you at the next game!

Bombadel

Post by Bombadel »

BAFC_98 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:42 pm
Bombadel wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:14 pm

If you check all of his previous posts he’s got this edgy attitude in most of them. Probably to much White lightning
Productive day for you then? Also he?
Eh?

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

olbarrafancumbak wrote:
BAFC_98 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:45 am

[SwearFilter] off, and ill tell you that at the next game if you like so its not through a keyboard. Obviously better attendances mean more money, more players, ect. My point was solely about last nights attendance and that it wasnt a bad one considering the circumstances. Anyone who thinks last nights attendance was bad can "take their silly heads for a wobble"
See you there :)

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

Bombadel wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:43 pm
BAFC_98 wrote:

Productive day for you then? Also he?
Eh?
You said he? You just assuming this?

Holkerbird
Platinum Member

Post by Holkerbird »

The 2010 Trophy team song. ALTOGETHER NOW.
Stop arguing.

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

Holkerbird wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:52 pm
The 2010 Trophy team song. ALTOGETHER NOW.
Stop arguing.
:scarf:

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member

Post by barrowaberdeen »

Dearie me.

Though I agree in the sense that crowd was OK numbers wise. We may all be spending every waking moment thinking about the football but that extra couple of thousand will come when it's a bigger game, there's no sport on telly and less baltic. Life is good!

Huge result that and from what I saw, thoroughly deserved.

A few thanks. First, the gent who donated money 'for Tony Lewis'. Talked to a lot of folk re Tony last night, such a shock and many will miss someone who did plenty for and loved the club.

The other thanks is to Adam Johnson for giving half his raffle winnings back to The Trust. And Sid Blain and others for their kind donations.

And also everyone, on a busy night who bought share contributions, raffle tickets, used the shop etc etc etc. It all helps us progress as we are. It's your part of our club.
Last edited by barrowaberdeen on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barrowaberdeen
Platinum Member

Post by barrowaberdeen »

Dearie me.
DP
Last edited by barrowaberdeen on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Walneywanderer1979

Post by Walneywanderer1979 »

What is wrong with people the attendance was alright considering the weather look how far we have come yes it would of been nice to get more people in but we didn't we will have bigger crowds as the season draws to a close especially with some bigger teams to play that will bring 500 + support hopefully we will be celebrating a return to the football league in front of a capacity crowd what sort of average crowd do people think we would attract in the football league then I'd say 2k average
Last edited by Walneywanderer1979 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

Exactly my point. Last nights attendance was a good effort.

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

Walneywanderer1979 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:36 pm
What is wrong with people the attendance was alright considering the weather look how far we have come yes it would of been nice to get more people in but we didn't we will have bigger crowds as the season draws to a close especially with some bigger teams to play that will bring 500 + support hopefully we will be celebrating a return to the football league in front of a capacity crowd what sort of average crowd do people think we would attract in the football league then I'd say 2k average
And a 2k average would put us 23rd out of 24 in the current Division 2 averages for this season which is hardly a level to give the board much chance of improving the team. Even a 4k average would only put us 14th out of 24. 2,000 isn't bad for a Tuesday night match but it's nothing spectacular for a team which was 4 points ahead at the top of the league.

Lowtower
Silver Member

Post by Lowtower »

BAFC_98 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:49 pm
olbarrafancumbak wrote:

If you let Matt know where this will take place he can add it to the highlights.

Sefton Aubergine

Post by Sefton Aubergine »

Some people who have the upmost respect from myself and around the club being told to [SwearFilter] off and challenged for a "meet"... Putting these type of posters on the ignore list only works if they are not quoted. Any chance of this thuggish behavior not being tolerated please?

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

Sefton Aubergine wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:47 pm
Some people who have the upmost respect from myself and around the club being told to [SwearFilter] off and challenged for a "meet"... Putting these type of posters on the ignore list only works if they are not quoted. Any chance of this thuggish behavior not being tolerated please?
Wasnt a meet as such. I was just trying to make a point that i would say this whether it be through a keyboard or not. Also, hardly thuggish.

BAFC_98

Post by BAFC_98 »

Lowtower wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:47 pm
BAFC_98 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:49 pm

If you let Matt know where this will take place he can add it to the highlights.
:lol: