BARROW V Dagenham match thread

A forum for previous match threads.
Barrowabc
Gold Member

Re: BARROW V Dagenham match thread

Post by Barrowabc »

Hadrian wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:39 am
Another Hornby triumph - congratulations!
Really??? Is this not down to team n management "???? As without our management team we would be [SwearFilter] sweet pea x
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

Barrowabc
Gold Member

Post by Barrowabc »

Sorry didn't see Mr Hornby has just had a child, so well done and well done and thanks x
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

saltcellar
Gold Member

Post by saltcellar »

https://youtu.be/MXdAdxVPHrc

Barrow v Dagenham MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

spirit of 1990
Platinum Member

Post by spirit of 1990 »

mickmike wilson wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:57 pm

PS Spirit, I've got that Sports Bra you asked me to get for you ;-)
Erm, thanks Mike. Might be worth pointing out the “sports bra” is actually in real life a snooker accessory 😁

I’ll see you next week with the cash and get you one of them Babycham’s you wanted....
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian »

A few words of appreciation for Saturday:

- to both teams for producing an entertaining game in such wind. DagRed under their new manager looked organised and determined with some good players including Deering who was effective in midfield, popping up all over.

- to those sat in the main stand who stuck it out to the end, despite the rain towards the end driving in to their faces.

- to the BAe first aiders who thought to deploy the foil blankets to the birthday group on the front row of the stand.

- to the ground staff and volunteers who ensured the game was able to take place.

- as usual, to the owners and all the other volunteers who regularly give their time to the club, community sports, supporters trust and GMV, enabling us to have a club at this level

- to players who take time to engage with the youngest supporters, building long-term supporters of the club.

- and of course to the management team for all they do to drive forward the team and the club. I particularly like the way Ian Evatt seems to have bonded with the town, not just the club.

A word of appreciation to Dior Angus who improves with every game showing remarkable skill and composure in collecting difficult passes under pressure and being increasingly confident to shoot on sight, no matter how difficult the opportunity. Also Josh Kay on the other side whose determination and skill continues to build real improvement.

Perhaps wrong to pick out these two in a team where it is team play and commitment that have brought such success but they deserve especial praise at present.