Barrow v Stockport match thread
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
Poor turn out from the biggest team in the league , no more than 77, we took more there on a Tuesday.
What a goal!!!!
What a goal!!!!
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
Away 106 fans... 30+ decided the Tally Ho was a better option before the game 
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
Edmo sent them out of the dressing room so they didn't spread it to the others!whitty1969 wrote:Apparently both Taylor and Sean Riley turned up ill.tictactoe wrote:So Taylor injured and Taylor I'll - heard both which is it or neither
-
mickycarrol
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1399
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
Superb strike, but gloves in April?? Give over.........
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly
Bill Shankly
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
I seen Taylor coming out of a meeting with Edmo and Meeks pre match. He was stuffing his face with pasta and didn't look ill to me.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
My thoughts too but hey ho we won and mcmillan kept a clean sheet
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3508
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
Talking to one of the directors just after kick off and he said Aaran Taylor had a stomach bug!!
In a game where we dominated possession up until we scored, but failed somewhat in the final third. It took a superb individual effort on goal by Andy Haworth that was worthy of winning any match!
ARH put in a hell of a shift first half throwing himself into every tackle but understandably faded second half. Sam Sheridan contributed greatly but his dead ball kicks were not on point today. I thought Andy Burns was superb until that woeful back heel undid all the good, concentration Burnsy! McMillan proved again he is the best sweeper in the league moping up all the slops and pulling off a good stop from Stockport shortly after we went ahead. The only criticism was again our lack of width at times, play those wingers as wingers Edmo!
Nice to hear that Ant Wilson's injury is not as bad as it first appeared, although I thought playing him and Cookie up front wasn't working even though they both worked the socks off trying to make it happen, the inclusion of Jason Walker gave us added impetus.
Does anyone know why Lewis Guy is not getting a chance on the pitch at the minute, is he injured as although being named on the bench I don't recall him playing since that goal at Stockport.
Also the pitch looked superb again today must be the best in the league for this stage in the season, great credit to Gareth and his mild mannered assistant Craig
In a game where we dominated possession up until we scored, but failed somewhat in the final third. It took a superb individual effort on goal by Andy Haworth that was worthy of winning any match!
ARH put in a hell of a shift first half throwing himself into every tackle but understandably faded second half. Sam Sheridan contributed greatly but his dead ball kicks were not on point today. I thought Andy Burns was superb until that woeful back heel undid all the good, concentration Burnsy! McMillan proved again he is the best sweeper in the league moping up all the slops and pulling off a good stop from Stockport shortly after we went ahead. The only criticism was again our lack of width at times, play those wingers as wingers Edmo!
Nice to hear that Ant Wilson's injury is not as bad as it first appeared, although I thought playing him and Cookie up front wasn't working even though they both worked the socks off trying to make it happen, the inclusion of Jason Walker gave us added impetus.
Does anyone know why Lewis Guy is not getting a chance on the pitch at the minute, is he injured as although being named on the bench I don't recall him playing since that goal at Stockport.
Also the pitch looked superb again today must be the best in the league for this stage in the season, great credit to Gareth and his mild mannered assistant Craig
-
The_buzzing_bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
I like how you can see wilson hopping around when the goal goes in.barrowfan_chris wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UauW6avJi ... e=youtu.be highlights
- bobbie moore
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 848
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
Just read the' slightly 'biased Stockport match report and the reporter reckons 352 from StockportDarcy3 wrote:Away 106 fans... 30+ decided the Tally Ho was a better option before the game
Tense game yesterday but goal was fantastic.
-
Onlinespirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
352!! Just read their forum and they were moaning how they used to take 1,000's to away games but they heard there were less than 150 at Barrow.........I doubt there were more than 100.bobbie moore wrote:Just read the' slightly 'biased Stockport match report and the reporter reckons 352 from StockportDarcy3 wrote:Away 106 fans... 30+ decided the Tally Ho was a better option before the game![]()
Tense game yesterday but goal was fantastic.
They were debating what would be classed as an improvement & one said "this season, we usually get relegated"
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
MoM was going to be Shez until that goal went in and got us the 3 points we needed.
Some of the Stockport fans in the stand were a disgrace with their foul mouthed obscenities. Why is it down to the home fans to steward these type of people. Ours seem to be ok on the "get your feet off the seats" to young kids side but they need to be to there for the other types of behaviour.
One man with his small son remonstrated with them and got a load of abuse. I haven't seen that man before and I wonder if he will be back.
Of course I had to pipe up and was actually told to "sit down". ME!!!!. Hahaha. I had the last word though.
Oh yes, and one waited until he was half way down the stairs before looking back and saying to me "you are a dirty team". Well hardly my fault if they read and watch inappropriate material.
As for the "what a dump" comment at least it is a safe dump. Last season when we were leaving their ground the police had to rush off as there was an armed robbery taking place round the corner.
Oh Lord give me the strength to survive until the end of the season and see our promotion.
Some of the Stockport fans in the stand were a disgrace with their foul mouthed obscenities. Why is it down to the home fans to steward these type of people. Ours seem to be ok on the "get your feet off the seats" to young kids side but they need to be to there for the other types of behaviour.
One man with his small son remonstrated with them and got a load of abuse. I haven't seen that man before and I wonder if he will be back.
Of course I had to pipe up and was actually told to "sit down". ME!!!!. Hahaha. I had the last word though.
Oh yes, and one waited until he was half way down the stairs before looking back and saying to me "you are a dirty team". Well hardly my fault if they read and watch inappropriate material.
As for the "what a dump" comment at least it is a safe dump. Last season when we were leaving their ground the police had to rush off as there was an armed robbery taking place round the corner.
Oh Lord give me the strength to survive until the end of the season and see our promotion.
Last edited by Holkerbird on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
- tommy2thumbs
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2471
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:26 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
http://hedgegrower.blogspot.co.uk/ this must have been the guy with the blue "Photographer" bib on.... I say nothing....spirit of 1990 wrote: 352!! Just read their forum and they were moaning how they used to take 1,000's to away games but they heard there were less than 150 at Barrow.........I doubt there were more than 100.
quote: "But......Jacobs was down and in obvious trouble. Would the referee stop proceedings? I thought he might, but no....."
Why would he? He didn't on the numerous times that Barrow players were cynically taken out...
La lucha continua...
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
BPA v fylde is off today.
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Barrow v Stockport match thread
I thought it was a terrible game first half especially again but if we get out of this godforsaken league then it will matter not a jot.
Stockport I thought were an awful side.
A wonder goal to win it and great scenes of delirium when it went in- I was slightly disappointed with the crowd, not there's that's abut what I expected, but I thought we'd get about 1800.
Apologies and thanks to Meeks, if you are reading this, for your valiant attempt to explain to me why the way Stockport were set up made it more difficult for us to get width. Thankfully they are doing the coaching and we are doing the watching/moaning/singing/shouting/drinking
Top of the League and onwards to Chorley!
Stockport I thought were an awful side.
A wonder goal to win it and great scenes of delirium when it went in- I was slightly disappointed with the crowd, not there's that's abut what I expected, but I thought we'd get about 1800.
Apologies and thanks to Meeks, if you are reading this, for your valiant attempt to explain to me why the way Stockport were set up made it more difficult for us to get width. Thankfully they are doing the coaching and we are doing the watching/moaning/singing/shouting/drinking
Top of the League and onwards to Chorley!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: beachy01, Big_Bluebird, Cubby, DerekW, Dezil, Fazered, Leo, MikeRenney, spirit of 1990, will3988 and 92 guests