Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Nobody seems to have noticed how well and unobtrusively we were looked after by LTFC and their supporters on Saturday. They gave their all on the field as is right and proper, and then shared in our celebrations. I would like to thank them and wish them well for next season.
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Lots of mentions on this on the Lowestoft v Barrow thread
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Nobody? I think a lot of people have acknowledged exactly that.
It all comes 'round again.
-
mikemarshhewasgood
- Member
- Posts: 227
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Made to feel very welcome by the lowestoft folk and I was suprised when some joined in our celebrations. Good luck to them and hope they get entry into the southern section, although still a lot of travel involved by what I heard.
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
They were indeed the ultimate hosts/hostesses , genuine warmth and friendliness and very gracious in their applause and appreciation of the league champions at the end of the game.
Also if anyone could pass on our thanks to the two lads that worked behind the bar at the Stanford Arms on Saturday it would greatly appreciated, they were efficient and unflappable dealing with more than two hours of Barrow bedlam and those ales were superb, I was like a kid in a sweetshop.
Thank you Lowestoft Town!

Also if anyone could pass on our thanks to the two lads that worked behind the bar at the Stanford Arms on Saturday it would greatly appreciated, they were efficient and unflappable dealing with more than two hours of Barrow bedlam and those ales were superb, I was like a kid in a sweetshop.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Other than at Holker St we couldn't have wished for a better place to become Champions.
Warm friendly people who genuinely were pleased we had won the title at their ground.
They were appreciative of the way we joined in their celebration to a manager who has given 33 years to their club.
A day that saw Non League football at it's very best.
Thank you Lowestoft, you were great hosts.
Warm friendly people who genuinely were pleased we had won the title at their ground.
They were appreciative of the way we joined in their celebration to a manager who has given 33 years to their club.
A day that saw Non League football at it's very best.
Thank you Lowestoft, you were great hosts.
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Can only echo the comments of Mark and Elaine. Lovely warm and friendly club with that real community feel. Of course we want promotion and more but a little part of me feels really sad that away days like Saturday with that proper non league atmosphere, being able to mingle with the home fans in their clubhouse etc.. may now be over for us. If so I'm very happy our last one was at Lowestoft. Some of their supporters I spoke to want the club to stay in Conf North as it seems us northern folk are a bit more friendly than our Southern equivalents. Now there's a surprise
. Hopefully Lowestoft will get what is best for them as a club rather than what the league decide is best for them. Good luck to them in the future and who knows we might draw them in the cup.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Probably one of the friendliest clubs I've ever visited following Barrow. From the moment we stepped off the coach and were met by one of the most polite stewards you could wish for at an away ground to the supporters we got speaking to in both the clubhouse & inside the ground itself. Even the (very undermanned) bar staff took everything in their stride and continued smiling all afternoon at the "stick" they were getting off the Barrow supporters for making us wait for our beer.
I've no doubt the result & actually winning the league made everything seem even better, but it really was a great little club to finish our season at.
Wish them well in whichever league they end up in next season.
I've no doubt the result & actually winning the league made everything seem even better, but it really was a great little club to finish our season at.
Wish them well in whichever league they end up in next season.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
Ale house Blues
- New Member
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:01 pm
- Contact:
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Message passed on to the Stanford by Facebook Mark Mc. Will talk to them about it at the weekend. I think the Stanford is rapidly becoming a legend 'oop North'.
Everyone I spoken to at our club has nothing but praise for your supporters. 600 or so, no segregation and not a hint of trouble. Thanks.
Everyone I spoken to at our club has nothing but praise for your supporters. 600 or so, no segregation and not a hint of trouble. Thanks.
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
And also managed to serve up a superb dish of Spicy home made meatballs amid all the turmoil!!! One note: Lowestoft hammered us on was Ballboys ,all from a local team. Lowestoft 14 Barrow 0.Mark Mc wrote:They were indeed the ultimate hosts/hostesses , genuine warmth and friendliness and very gracious in their applause and appreciation of the league champions at the end of the game.
Also if anyone could pass on our thanks to the two lads that worked behind the bar at the Stanford Arms on Saturday it would greatly appreciated, they were efficient and unflappable dealing with more than two hours of Barrow bedlam and those ales were superb, I was like a kid in a sweetshop.Thank you Lowestoft Town!
![]()
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Great to read all the really positive stuff coming out of a game of footballAle house Blues wrote:Message passed on to the Stanford by Facebook Mark Mc. Will talk to them about it at the weekend. I think the Stanford is rapidly becoming a legend 'oop North'.
Everyone I spoken to at our club has nothing but praise for your supporters. 600 or so, no segregation and not a hint of trouble. Thanks.
http://www.lowestofttownfcfansforum.co. ... 1430007004
Thanks for doing that AhB, it was a great day and will certainly take some beating, and will always evoke good times!
See you in the FA Trophy at your place with any luck
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Some pictures of the Visit to Lowestoft Town, courtesy of the Lowestoft forum and When Saturday Comes Magazine!
http://wscphotos.photoshelter.com/galle ... Ju..4skaNs
http://wscphotos.photoshelter.com/galle ... Ju..4skaNs
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Thanks for posting those photos.
I know that the result helped, but it really was a cracking day out at a lovely, friendly club. Hopefully our paths will cross again, although I doubt either us or them would want it to be in the Conference North!
I know that the result helped, but it really was a cracking day out at a lovely, friendly club. Hopefully our paths will cross again, although I doubt either us or them would want it to be in the Conference North!
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Just can't stop reliving the moment, JohnSteelworks End wrote:Thanks for posting those photos.
I know that the result helped, but it really was a cracking day out at a lovely, friendly club. Hopefully our paths will cross again, although I doubt either us or them would want it to be in the Conference North!
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Thank You Lowestoft Town FC
Looking at the photo's and just reliving the memories again.. 
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: blumooncrab and 37 guests