Agreed. He has improved over the season and I am sure he will continue to do so.Graythwaite Nick wrote:There is a lot worse than Dixon.Keep him in his rightful position,NO 1.
Next seasons squad.
Re: Next seasons squad.
-
Si_Nichols
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
- Location: Lancaster
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
Won't be seeing Paddy again - he is now chained up alongside Simon Wiles in Elaine's cellarchipmunx wrote:NWA is at the end of his contract with Preston - he'd be a good signingBluebird_john wrote:Dixon Livesey Cook (hopefully) J Williams and Haworth stay
Get Sutton back in, and maybe have walker for impact and get parry too
Rest can go
Parry is a must to keep
I think Cox could well keep Harvey, but not sure about Paddy Lacey - I think Holkerbird has her eye on him though...
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
Oi you. That is a des. res. I'll have you know. My Simon has been getting a bit lonely though as I have been so busy lately.
Welcome home Padz
They will be the last as there's no chance of getting to know anymore players.

Welcome home Padz
They will be the last as there's no chance of getting to know anymore players.
Re: Next seasons squad.
We have to remember this was dixons first season at this level and is still a young keeper at 22. Early season he struggled with the lack of a midfield , protecting the back 4 leaving him exposed to numerous one on ones or defence been over run. But since cox has sorted that out with the whole team having some balance and giving him a chance.Jim wrote:Agreed. He has improved over the season and I am sure he will continue to do so.Graythwaite Nick wrote:There is a lot worse than Dixon.Keep him in his rightful position,NO 1.
He made a critical save at 0 0 yesterday although ref gave a goal kick his touch was a good one. Yes he needs competition as do all the lads but I think he will only improve given time, training and games.
-
Renfrew Refugee
- Member
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm
- Location: Where the job takes me
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
I would like to see the goalkeeping coach (do we have one) teach Dixon how to kick a ball and actually keep it in field of play, and also speed up his distrbution, apart from that he is a good keeper.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
I think that might've been given as an offside and not a goal kick but either way I agree, it was a fantastic save.Smoggie wrote:He made a critical save at 0 0 yesterday although ref gave a goal kick his touch was a good one.
Dixon has improved a lot since the team has come under Paul Cox, he still makes some silly errors but at 21/22 he's still learning.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
I would guess that the speed of his distribution is down to the managers tactics.Renfrew Refugee wrote:I would like to see the goalkeeping coach (do we have one) teach Dixon how to kick a ball and actually keep it in field of play, and also speed up his distrbution, apart from that he is a good keeper.
He nearly always waits for the team to get thier shape back before kicking.
His kicking is mostly aimed at the wide men who are both over 6 foot, again a cox tactic.
As long as we are winning games imnhappy with this.
Re: Next seasons squad.
not sure what he is on but get Williams signed down to a long term contract, brightest future of a player to play at HS since grant holt
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
Smoggie may have been talking about the one that Connor Jennings put wide when clean and a goal kick was given - even though Dixon appeared to deflect it widespirit of 1990 wrote:I think that might've been given as an offside and not a goal kick but either way I agree, it was a fantastic save.Smoggie wrote:He made a critical save at 0 0 yesterday although ref gave a goal kick his touch was a good one.
Dixon has improved a lot since the team has come under Paul Cox, he still makes some silly errors but at 21/22 he's still learning.
Lancashire;- born and bred
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
Possibly, I seem to remember that one now you mention it. The one I thought he was on about was a very, very good "save" even though in the end it wouldn't have been allowed.chipmunx wrote:Smoggie may have been talking about the one that Connor Jennings put wide when clean and a goal kick was given - even though Dixon appeared to deflect it widespirit of 1990 wrote:
I think that might've been given as an offside and not a goal kick but either way I agree, it was a fantastic save.
Dixon has improved a lot since the team has come under Paul Cox, he still makes some silly errors but at 21/22 he's still learning.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
Nailed it, but we probably need 6,7 or 8 Quality signing to complement what we already have, Coxy has definitely raised our stock as a club & I believe we won't struggle to attract the caliber of players he wants, Will he snag all his choices NO But he will bring in what he needs to have us competing on all levels, I just hope our finish, the pre season signings bring in the floating public & keep them coming back on a regular basis, Our early season form is vital for this.Jonty wrote:The way these players have performed since Cox came in there is absolutely no need to rip this squad apart. We have momentum and are playing like a team on the up. We will only get better. Securing the services of Cook and loanees who have come in and adding 3 or 4 players of real quality will be better than wholesale changes.
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
Mick - Cox said that his teams tend to start slowly then build momentum in the second half of the season. When he won it with Mansfield they were 10th in January.
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
Oh Bugger as we usually get a great att in our opening game/s then it falls off a cliff if we're not winning.
I just hope our attendances rise next season.
I just hope our attendances rise next season.
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
Sorry jonty going to have to disagree with you. We have a squad of 24?Jonty wrote:The way these players have performed since Cox came in there is absolutely no need to rip this squad apart. We have momentum and are playing like a team on the up. We will only get better. Securing the services of Cook and loanees who have come in and adding 3 or 4 players of real quality will be better than wholesale changes.
If we are not going to have a reserve team then I expect the young locals will be released as well.
The squad is not good enough for a play off push. Yes PC has done brilliant getting some of them performing but I expect wholesale changes.
So here is the released list.
Cowps
Lacey
Grimes
Forfana
Mellor
Pilkington
Ashton
Newby x2
Carroll
Eccles
Symington would of made it 12
Sutton,Nwa,abbot & Tomlinson have gone back to their parent clubs. That makes it 16....
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Next seasons squad.
Is Grimes contract up? Would cost a fortune to release him if not
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baxterj732, McMark, Stand By Me and 24 guests