You'll only need a medium after last Saturday adamAdam29 wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered but any idea on when the shirts will be released for next season?
I remember seeing a while back that they would be available quite early
Wouldnt mind getting one before i go away if they are available (in the appropriate sizes that is ha)
BAFC updates
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
End of May/start of June are the dates given Adam.spirit of 1990 wrote:Trying to find out now Adam, get back as soon I hear anything.Adam29 wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered but any idea on when the shirts will be released for next season?
I remember seeing a while back that they would be available quite early
Wouldnt mind getting one before i go away if they are available (in the appropriate sizes that is ha)
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Good to know. Should hopefully be ok to get one before i go then. Cheers for the quick reply
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
This pitch thing happening Ian?spirit of 1990 wrote:It's not as serious as it sounds Ralph. I think it involves skimming the grass tops off with a thin layer of top soil but leaving the grass roots in place (Gareth did tell me what this does but I've forgotten, I'll find out though) Another plus to doing this is it'll rectify a hollow on the pitch.Ralph wrote:
Really, was this always the plan? Especially after all the work (and expense) undertaken during the close season)?
Looked exactly the same when I saw it other day.
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Sanded, seeded and now being watered....
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
So is that a yes or no?whitty1969 wrote:Sanded, seeded and now being watered....
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
It's been scaled down Al but Gareth is still doing a lot of pre-season type work on it, I'm not too sure what it is but I can ask him for the details if you want.boyliegladbach wrote:This pitch thing happening Ian?spirit of 1990 wrote:
It's not as serious as it sounds Ralph. I think it involves skimming the grass tops off with a thin layer of top soil but leaving the grass roots in place (Gareth did tell me what this does but I've forgotten, I'll find out though) Another plus to doing this is it'll rectify a hollow on the pitch.
Looked exactly the same when I saw it other day.
To be honest, and to my very untrained eyes, the pitch was/is fine, it's still basically the one that won the award the other year so I was a bit surprised there was mention of anything other than maintenance work on it anyway. Far more important stuff with the floodlights, toilets & main stand in my opinion.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
No I'm not that bothered was just wondering,spirit of 1990 wrote:It's been scaled down Al but Gareth is still doing a lot of pre-season type work on it, I'm not too sure what it is but I can ask him for the details if you want.boyliegladbach wrote:
This pitch thing happening Ian?
Looked exactly the same when I saw it other day.
To be honest, and to my very untrained eyes, the pitch was/is fine, it's still basically the one that won the award the other year so I was a bit surprised there was mention of anything other than maintenance work on it anyway. Far more important stuff with the floodlights, toilets & main stand in my opinion.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Quite a large amount of scaffolding going up under the main stand yesterday ahead of any work due in the coming weeks.
I have some pictures if anyone can pop them up on here, PM me an e-mail address and I'll send them over.
I have some pictures if anyone can pop them up on here, PM me an e-mail address and I'll send them over.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8192
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Like pretty much everything else then...spirit of 1990 wrote:It's been scaled down
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Saw that going up.spirit of 1990 wrote:Quite a large amount of scaffolding going up under the main stand yesterday ahead of any work due in the coming weeks.
I have some pictures if anyone can pop them up on here, PM me an e-mail address and I'll send them over.
Will it be down by Saturday
Re: BAFC updates
Indeed!Ste Story wrote:Like pretty much everything else then...spirit of 1990 wrote:It's been scaled down
Aside from investment in the team I don't see much evidence of any of the promises we were made actually being fulfilled. Disappointing.
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Wasnt impressed with the pitch too much saturday either. Every time the ball bounced a thick cloud of sand followed it. Was picked Up on many a time in the press box
- Ste Story
- BarrowAFC.net Administrator
- Posts: 8192
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
- Location: Costa Del Barrow
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Were you in the pressbox adam?Adam29 wrote:Was picked Up on many a time in the press box
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
You're right about the pitch Adam. I thought I was at Roanhead ! As I shouted to you through the press box window, "What is someone who knows nothing about football doing in there "Adam29 wrote:Wasnt impressed with the pitch too much saturday either. Every time the ball bounced a thick cloud of sand followed it. Was picked Up on many a time in the press box
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: bluessupporter, DIXIE and 23 guests