No he hasn't .The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:08 pm
+ he has played at International level - that would impress any player he was managing.
Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
- The Tomahawk Kid
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3386
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
- Location: Dingly Dell
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
I think he has...
I've just checked - you're correct.
He must have been in the England squad but never got a game.
I'm sure I read a few seasons ago (might even have been on here) that he'd been added to the England squad...
A cracking striker in his day and didn't take any prisoners.
I'm sure he'd command respect from the team if he was in charge...
I've just checked - you're correct.
He must have been in the England squad but never got a game.
I'm sure I read a few seasons ago (might even have been on here) that he'd been added to the England squad...
A cracking striker in his day and didn't take any prisoners.
I'm sure he'd command respect from the team if he was in charge...
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
I dont think he has.
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3508
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Hes never been in the England squad.
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
He might have watched an England game once ? ....
- The Tomahawk Kid
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3386
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
- Location: Dingly Dell
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Pretty sure I read it somewhere. OR I must have dreamt it OR the info I read was inaccurate...
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Think your confusing Holty with Michael RickettsThe Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:08 pm There has to be a first time for everything and Holt was a favourite here + he has played at International level - that would impress any player he was managing.
- The Tomahawk Kid
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3386
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
- Location: Dingly Dell
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
No; I'm not - can't remember Michael Ricketts.
Anyway, keeping on track...
I think Holty would be good for the club.
Anyway, keeping on track...
I think Holty would be good for the club.
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Gavin Skelton.
-
Onlinespirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
I can remember something along them lines TTK. Was it just before a major tournament and the England squad were pretty short up front because of injuries, and he was (if I remember correctly) one striker away from being in the squad that was taken? The year when Rooney got injured seems to ring a bell.The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:40 pmPretty sure I read it somewhere. OR I must have dreamt it OR the info I read was inaccurate...
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Euros 2012. He'd had a good season with Norwich and there was talk of him for Hodgson's squad. But it never got beyond talk.
It all comes 'round again.
-
JimmyCrabstick
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm
- Location: Thornton-Cleveleys
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Was he not the top scoring "English" forward in the premier league at the time? Think he was or near to it. Maybe after Rooney?
Northern Lights, Ormsgill Reservoir Sundown
- glasgow_blue
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1385
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
- Location: The Barra
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
He got 15 thst season, don't know about Rooney.JimmyCrabstick wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:28 pm Was he not the top scoring "English" forward in the premier league at the time? Think he was or near to it. Maybe after Rooney?
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi
-
geobarrovian
- Senior Member
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
He didn't get anywhere near the England squad, I think it was a semi-sarcastic suggestion based on that time 34 year old Kevin Davies got called up.
-
mikemarshhewasgood
- Member
- Posts: 227
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Was going to suggest Gary Stevens until I checked wiki
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: beachy01, Big_Bluebird, Bruce, Cubby, DerekW, Dezil, Fazered, Leo, MikeRenney, spirit of 1990, will3988 and 83 guests