Damaging

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:35 pm

mikemarshhewasgood wrote: ↑Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:24 pm Not Fact at all as far as I’m concerned and I talk to a lot of people at work about football and Bafc. Main reason I find is because they are too tight to pay £15, they mainly can’t believe this league is £15. Casson is a business man so why doesn’t he get his son to do a proper and unbiased survey/questionnaire, get them online, through the paper/post, through major employers and ask these questions
I was speaking to a local businessman who is a huge potential sponsor last Saturday. Goes to every game with his grand kids. He said that he didn't want to bother last week because he is tired of it all. Poor football, broken promises, bad decisions.

I'll be seeing him Saturday to see what he thinks of yesterdays news.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by K-Man » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:24 am Sounds like you are one side of the fence for sure.
:lol:

barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Damaging

Post by barrowaberdeen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:51 pm

The OP shows how the forum is actually quite healthy. There's tons of that I don't agree with at all, but so what?

All i would say is using this 'not proper fans so stay away' card will eventually lead to everyone super fanning all over each other and falling out even more. The OP doesn't go a lot away from home, but does a lot for the club with his business. Not one way of supporting is better than the other.

Everyone on here, everyone, loves Barrow Soccer. No question at all. Why on earth else would I be wasting 10 minutes lunch break typing this?

User avatar
Bigfathoss
Platinum Member
Posts: 2767
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by Bigfathoss » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Bingo wrote: ↑Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:19 pm Well people on here have predicted sub 1000 attendances since Cox left and we haven't had one yet. I am sure what is said in the local community and on here does have an effect on floaters but I doubt anyone would read something on here and think oh i'm not going ... if they say that's the case than that's an excuse because they didn't want to go anyway.

I pick and choose the games I go to and that is purely financial
I would imagine that the numbers are skewed because of including all season tickets in the attendance numbers. I wonder, do the attendance numbers include all of the free junior season tickets handed out too (two per adult season ticket holder that requested them)?
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.

mulholland
Senior Member
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:22 pm
Location: behind the dugouts
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by mulholland » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:31 am

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:35 pm
mikemarshhewasgood wrote: ↑Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:24 pm Not Fact at all as far as I’m concerned and I talk to a lot of people at work about football and Bafc. Main reason I find is because they are too tight to pay £15, they mainly can’t believe this league is £15. Casson is a business man so why doesn’t he get his son to do a proper and unbiased survey/questionnaire, get them online, through the paper/post, through major employers and ask these questions
I was speaking to a local businessman who is a huge potential sponsor last Saturday. Goes to every game with his grand kids. He said that he didn't want to bother last week because he is tired of it all. Poor football, broken promises, bad decisions.

I'll be seeing him Saturday to see what he thinks of yesterdays news.
Potential? Jamie Speare had potential. Yeh, yeh, blah blah blah.. probably slum-landlord/local exploiter of cheap-labour is a more accurate description of the local 'business' man, sure it's not you he's tired of either? 'Mikemarsh' is right, too tight to go but it's (basically) free to type shite.

Hitthebar22
Silver Member
Posts: 1433
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by Hitthebar22 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:41 am

It is so easy to have a pop at everyone and everything on here.
It's the typical Barrow moaning mentality. Barrovians love to moan about something, not necessarily football, but if anyone has half an interest in the footy, this is the perfect, excuse the pun, forum to have a good old go, particularly at the moment.
Nothing really wrong in that, unless it becomes obviously divisive and dangerously detrimental to the fabric of the club.
The five star moaners and smartypants (you know exactly who you are) give the impression of genuinely wanting to destabilise the club and its entire structure by attacking the easy targets, particularly at the moment. I accept that there have been some heads coming up above the parapet, but no need to try to blow them off - yet. Give those in authority and power at least a bit of a chance for the time being, to try to prove things will improve. Interestingly NO ONE has posted on the "For or Against" thread that they want the Casson dynasty out.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:37 am

mulholland wrote: ↑Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:31 am
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:35 pm

I was speaking to a local businessman who is a huge potential sponsor last Saturday. Goes to every game with his grand kids. He said that he didn't want to bother last week because he is tired of it all. Poor football, broken promises, bad decisions.

I'll be seeing him Saturday to see what he thinks of yesterdays news.
Potential? Jamie Speare had potential. Yeh, yeh, blah blah blah.. probably slum-landlord/local exploiter of cheap-labour is a more accurate description of the local 'business' man, sure it's not you he's tired of either? 'Mikemarsh' is right, too tight to go but it's (basically) free to type shite.
Firstly, i dont think Jamie Speare had that much on.

Secondly you dont know who I am on about.

Thirdly, too tight to go? Really dont get that at all.

Lot of assumptions there. As the head of the evil henchmen in Under Siege 2 once said " Assumption is the mother of all [SwearFilter] ups"
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

BAFC_SAM
Senior Member
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by BAFC_SAM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:13 am

£15 to watch shit football? Rather spend £15 in a pub with mates having a good time.

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by Wintergreen » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:21 am

BAFC_SAM wrote: ↑Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:13 am £15 to watch shit football? Rather spend £15 in a pub with mates having a good time.
So how exactly did you arrive at BAFC_SAM as a user name?
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

Timhughes
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:42 am
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by Timhughes » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:19 am

It may be damaging but the supporters feel they are living in the final period of the Casson era with the very visible cut backs and cheap options. I've also been told from a couple of different sources that one of the sponsors is getting ready for a fans / community based takeover if they do back out.

User avatar
Steeley
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5750
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by Steeley » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:45 am

I think the unrealistic goals from the club and failures to meet those goals do more damage than some forum posts.
Bish=God

User avatar
glasgow_blue
Silver Member
Posts: 1385
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
Location: The Barra
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by glasgow_blue » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:58 am

Steeley wrote: ↑Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:45 am I think the unrealistic goals from the club and failures to meet those goals do more damage than some forum posts.
This 100%
You can't make big promises, fail to deliver and not expect criticism.
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi

mrsenario
Gold Member
Posts: 1628
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by mrsenario » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:09 am

The 115 year old ground is developing...drive past take a look at the new lights...the old ones have gone...in the keen era, that sort of money just for that project alone was unheard of. I,m not going to list the rest of upgrades again...lets just be thankfull
I cannot remember seeing a playing surface as good as what it is today...lets get behind the manager and team...things are happening

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:10 am

glasgow_blue wrote: ↑Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:58 am
Steeley wrote: ↑Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:45 am I think the unrealistic goals from the club and failures to meet those goals do more damage than some forum posts.
This 100%
You can't make big promises, fail to deliver and not expect criticism.
The defence of it all makes me laugh the most. Its become toothless. It is extremely refreshing for me to see people are ignoring it and are starting to see it for what it is.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

BAFC_SAM
Senior Member
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Damaging

Post by BAFC_SAM » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 am

Wintergreen wrote: ↑Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:21 am
BAFC_SAM wrote: ↑Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:13 am £15 to watch shit football? Rather spend £15 in a pub with mates having a good time.
So how exactly did you arrive at BAFC_SAM as a user name?
Used to enjoy going matches. Now I don't. 😊

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests