And he would leave a team top of the tree to come to us? More chance of Steven Gerrard being our next manager ffs wake up we are gonna struggle to attract anyone of any caliber in our current laughable state. Only way we will attract anyone half decent is if they are not at a club, which is why Guisley ended up getting Cox I can only presume as he was jobless. Anyway before we even start touting names Casson has to admit he was wrong, something I suspect he has very rarely done in his successful business life....... time to eat humble pie Paul and put this to bed!!whitty1969 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:30 pm Said it before and I will say it again.
Askey from Macclesfield is the man.
Top of the league on a shoestring. Just imagine what he could do with our budget?
His right hand man has just left for Gateshead
Moore OUT
-
mickycarrol
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1399
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Moore OUT
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly
Bill Shankly
Re: Moore OUT
Many clubs have transfer committees who target the type of players the manager wants and do all the ground work. In the top flight I think it's only Wenger who fully makes the decisions for player targets. Many clubs now targeting players based on Stats. Varying degrees of success.Thenotorious wrote: ↑Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 pmJackpot.mickycarrol wrote: ↑Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:17 pm
Any football club where the manager is not the key individual in signing players is primed for failure, the decision on who to sign should ultimately be his. Anyone who says otherwise has not got a clue on football, the manager should have a squad he selected not some bloke in a suit..........possibly why Cox walked/resigned/sacked whatever it was......
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: Moore OUT
The players are good enough for this level.
The manager is not.
I suggest a whip round to buy a chainsaw for Paul to use.... then he will cut the trees to see the wood.
Seriously it requires a fix as problem does.
We need 12 points quickly otherwise we are struggling. Moore had no experience of dogfighting, bring a pit bull in
The manager is not.
I suggest a whip round to buy a chainsaw for Paul to use.... then he will cut the trees to see the wood.
Seriously it requires a fix as problem does.
We need 12 points quickly otherwise we are struggling. Moore had no experience of dogfighting, bring a pit bull in
Re: Moore OUT
It's his right hand man (Steve Watson) that has been getting a lot of the credit for Macclesfield's good start - I know there's a lot of their fans don't even rate Askey at all, after years of dreary football and poor signings. Not sure he's someone worth chucking all our eggs in one basket for.whitty1969 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:30 pm Said it before and I will say it again.
Askey from Macclesfield is the man.
Top of the league on a shoestring. Just imagine what he could do with our budget?
His right hand man has just left for Gateshead
But the fact that everyone is talking about our next manager is probably a sign that the writing is on the wall for Moore. He was never going to get an easy ride with such a poor trial period, but the results since have been even worse!
-
Kendal_bluebird
- Member
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:17 pm
- Contact:
Re: Moore OUT
Prob end up with ex york manager Gary mills 

- Thelandlord
- Senior Member
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:53 pm
- Contact:
Re: Moore OUT
Struggle to see why a manager in charge of a team who are top would leave and come to the shit storm at Holker St.
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: Moore OUT
Given the length of his contract we have another two years of the Unlucky One - I wonder what league we will be in then?
I have a lot of sympathy for the man, no doubt he is a decent sort, but it is just not going to work and I doubt he will make Xmas. I would love to be proved wrong but I think we have a square peg in a round hole.
I have a lot of sympathy for the man, no doubt he is a decent sort, but it is just not going to work and I doubt he will make Xmas. I would love to be proved wrong but I think we have a square peg in a round hole.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Moore OUT
I tend to agree re feeling sorry for Mickey Moore. Clearly a decent bloke but it isn't working out. Sometimes, particularly in the National League, nice guys don't manage to motivate a dressing room with a few problems, which results and circumstances dictate we have!Wintergreen wrote: ↑Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 am Given the length of his contract we have another two years of the Unlucky One - I wonder what league we will be in then?
I have a lot of sympathy for the man, no doubt he is a decent sort, but it is just not going to work and I doubt he will make Xmas. I would love to be proved wrong but I think we have a square peg in a round hole.
Re: Moore OUT
Pretty much nut shelled my feelings also. Ironically he would probably make a decent assistant to an established manager. Promoted to a level beyond him. Not his fault but has to change.barrowaberdeen wrote: ↑Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 amI tend to agree re feeling sorry for Mickey Moore. Clearly a decent bloke but it isn't working out. Sometimes, particularly in the National League, nice guys don't manage to motivate a dressing room with a few problems, which results and circumstances dictate we have!Wintergreen wrote: ↑Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 am Given the length of his contract we have another two years of the Unlucky One - I wonder what league we will be in then?
I have a lot of sympathy for the man, no doubt he is a decent sort, but it is just not going to work and I doubt he will make Xmas. I would love to be proved wrong but I think we have a square peg in a round hole.
I wanna take you to an Away Bar
Re: Moore OUT
Moore did right taking the job ,who wants to be unemployed.Soulboy wrote: ↑Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:44 pm The players are good enough for this level.
The manager is not.
I suggest a whip round to buy a chainsaw for Paul to use.... then he will cut the trees to see the wood.
Seriously it requires a fix as problem does.
We need 12 points quickly otherwise we are struggling. Moore had no experience of dogfighting, bring a pit bull in
The fault lies plainly and clearly at Paul Cassons door.
He amazes me with his lack of man management and communication skills.
Giving long contracts to Managers and Players.
Sacking by email of Meechan
Charging a charity for advertising.
Differences with Cox and backing of Ogden only to leave.
Removal of the CEO who he appointed.
Do you think he will be on the panel of the Apprentice?
He rode in and enjoyed the lime light and now it's gone wrong he is still so naive to appear on RC .
The RC appearance would have been ok if he actually said what he was going to do but he was embarrassed.
I cannot see us getting rid of Moore it will cost to much.
Think we are seeing the end of the dream but then he did buy us when drunk or that's what was reported in the Sun!
So what can a unhappy owner do?
Reduce costs and how do you do that?
Think about it .
Re: Moore OUT
Maurice Whittle came in with no management experience to pick up the pieces of the previous season including the Brian Kidd debacle.
Norman Bodell. Now there's another story.When Colin Appleton was struck down the board dithered about replacing him and we went through a spell with a Director in charge,who came close to signing the then unknown Peter Withe. By the time they made a decision we had slid to the brink of the relegation spots and Bodell came in. The players ,who had taken us to the top of the table early in the season,rolled their sleeves up and pulled us to safety. Their reward ? Bodell had a mass clear out and decided to bring in his 'own players'. Then a further twist. After a poor start three months into the season Bodell announced that many of the players we thought had 'signed' pre-season were actually only on three month trial. He proceeded then to have another clear out and start again. Given his CV after he left HS it was plain to see he was a good coach/assistant but totally inept manager. Now where have I heard that before.
Re: Moore OUT
Are the 'Thoughts of Chairman Pedro' out in Little Red Book form for Christmas.Probably on the Childrens' bookshelvesPedro wrote: ↑Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 amMoore did right taking the job ,who wants to be unemployed.Soulboy wrote: ↑Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:44 pm The players are good enough for this level.
The manager is not.
I suggest a whip round to buy a chainsaw for Paul to use.... then he will cut the trees to see the wood.
Seriously it requires a fix as problem does.
We need 12 points quickly otherwise we are struggling. Moore had no experience of dogfighting, bring a pit bull in
The fault lies plainly and clearly at Paul Cassons door.
He amazes me with his lack of man management and communication skills.
Giving long contracts to Managers and Players.
Sacking by email of Meechan
Charging a charity for advertising.
Differences with Cox and backing of Ogden only to leave.
Removal of the CEO who he appointed.
Do you think he will be on the panel of the Apprentice?
He rode in and enjoyed the lime light and now it's gone wrong he is still so naive to appear on RC .
The RC appearance would have been ok if he actually said what he was going to do but he was embarrassed.
I cannot see us getting rid of Moore it will cost to much.
Think we are seeing the end of the dream but then he did buy us when drunk or that's what was reported in the Sun!
So what can a unhappy owner do?
Reduce costs and how do you do that?
Think about it .
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Moore OUT
Surely like any other performance related job, if you dont perform you get the boot! Giving someone long or longish contracts would be a way of showing stability, not just a mistake or misjudged moment of madness! Andrew will have listened to mm and perhaps thought that his talk can walk the walk. . Its not easy getting the right man for a job, I know, ive done it and had it wrong myself and it can cost you dearly! I dont think its all about the cheapest option either? Paul and Andrew want football league. . Yes right niw its not happening but seriously, from a business perspective and thats what football is these days, getting into league football is far more valuable and potentially sustainable than this shit league! Tv money, bigger travelling support, bigger clubs, parachute funds if it goes tits up.. this league no matter who you are is a money pit! There is no merit in going down on purpose like the conspiracy theorists. . It wouldnt make business senae and tbe value of the product would be worth nowt! They have pumped lots of their own money in, money which I imagine isnt endless and maybe thought thia could be simple.. its embarrassing qhen people atart accusing or slagging people off for at least giving I a go.. the very least we can do is ahut up and carry on doing what we have always done and turn up!
Failing that, put your hand in your pocket and have a go yourself at running this club and then when you see some of the ungrateful and venomous mesaages or get verbally abuaed..then, just then take a moment to see what they are going through
Just remember, theae people believe it or not are human... we all make mistakes, we all have feelings
Failing that, put your hand in your pocket and have a go yourself at running this club and then when you see some of the ungrateful and venomous mesaages or get verbally abuaed..then, just then take a moment to see what they are going through
Just remember, theae people believe it or not are human... we all make mistakes, we all have feelings
-
Thenotorious
- Member
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Moore OUT
Employees of the club and fans also have feelings - doesnt stop the cassons treating people the way they do.olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:06 am Surely like any other performance related job, if you dont perform you get the boot! Giving someone long or longish contracts would be a way of showing stability, not just a mistake or misjudged moment of madness! Andrew will have listened to mm and perhaps thought that his talk can walk the walk. . Its not easy getting the right man for a job, I know, ive done it and had it wrong myself and it can cost you dearly! I dont think its all about the cheapest option either? Paul and Andrew want football league. . Yes right niw its not happening but seriously, from a business perspective and thats what football is these days, getting into league football is far more valuable and potentially sustainable than this shit league! Tv money, bigger travelling support, bigger clubs, parachute funds if it goes tits up.. this league no matter who you are is a money pit! There is no merit in going down on purpose like the conspiracy theorists. . It wouldnt make business senae and tbe value of the product would be worth nowt! They have pumped lots of their own money in, money which I imagine isnt endless and maybe thought thia could be simple.. its embarrassing qhen people atart accusing or slagging people off for at least giving I a go.. the very least we can do is ahut up and carry on doing what we have always done and turn up!
Failing that, put your hand in your pocket and have a go yourself at running this club and then when you see some of the ungrateful and venomous mesaages or get verbally abuaed..then, just then take a moment to see what they are going through
Just remember, theae people believe it or not are human... we all make mistakes, we all have feelings
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Moore OUT
I've always cut the owners a fair bit of slack and my sympathies tend towards what oldbarrafancumback says. I also generally take the view that there are 2 sides to every story and that the truth probably lies somewhere in between. But I'm not close to the club either physically or to those who run it so what do you mean by "...treating people the way they do."?Thenotorious wrote: ↑Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:31 amEmployees of the club and fans also have feelings - doesnt stop the cassons treating people the way they do.olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:06 am Surely like any other performance related job, if you dont perform you get the boot! Giving someone long or longish contracts would be a way of showing stability, not just a mistake or misjudged moment of madness! Andrew will have listened to mm and perhaps thought that his talk can walk the walk. . Its not easy getting the right man for a job, I know, ive done it and had it wrong myself and it can cost you dearly! I dont think its all about the cheapest option either? Paul and Andrew want football league. . Yes right niw its not happening but seriously, from a business perspective and thats what football is these days, getting into league football is far more valuable and potentially sustainable than this shit league! Tv money, bigger travelling support, bigger clubs, parachute funds if it goes tits up.. this league no matter who you are is a money pit! There is no merit in going down on purpose like the conspiracy theorists. . It wouldnt make business senae and tbe value of the product would be worth nowt! They have pumped lots of their own money in, money which I imagine isnt endless and maybe thought thia could be simple.. its embarrassing qhen people atart accusing or slagging people off for at least giving I a go.. the very least we can do is ahut up and carry on doing what we have always done and turn up!
Failing that, put your hand in your pocket and have a go yourself at running this club and then when you see some of the ungrateful and venomous mesaages or get verbally abuaed..then, just then take a moment to see what they are going through
Just remember, theae people believe it or not are human... we all make mistakes, we all have feelings
It all comes 'round again.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: barrow1987, Munt68 and 33 guests