Grant Holt

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
finbar17
Senior Member
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by finbar17 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am

This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.

Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.

Moribund
Platinum Member
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by Moribund » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:50 am

finbar17 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.

Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.
He's also spouted [SwearFilter] loads of nonsense about Casson using the club as some kind of tax scam and bizarre comparisons to Nazi Germany... This recent outlay doesn't fit with the warped narrative.
He's repeatedly called for apologies whenever he thinks he's been proved right about things, so only right that people are calling him out now.

Of course, there's no guarantee that all this will pay off, but it's clear to see there's no financial shenanigans going on - just a couple of bad decisions this season.

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by blue nige » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:29 am


Hitthebar22
Silver Member
Posts: 1433
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by Hitthebar22 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am

finbar17 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.

Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.


Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by mall » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am

Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am
finbar17 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.

Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.


Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.
I couldnt agree more.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.

mightywhite
Veteran Member
Posts: 687
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by mightywhite » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:01 pm

mall wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am



Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.
I couldnt agree more.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.
Im fairly certain that some people would genuinely rather we were pulling 200 in the Evostik, its bizarre and i cant possibly fathom a reason but im sure that this is the case.

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7480
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by Wintergreen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Schadenfreude by Proxy as any fule no.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

User avatar
The Tomahawk Kid
Platinum Member
Posts: 3386
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
Location: Dingly Dell
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by The Tomahawk Kid » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:09 pm

mall wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am



Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.
I couldnt agree more.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.
I know where you're coming from. There used to be one or two on here who weren' t happy unless we were struggling. One well known ex contributor on here even stated that he only attended Holker Street to have a craic with his mates and wouldn' t be attending anymore. He then vanished.

Just hope we keep suceeding to keep the harbringers of doom away...

Another friend of mine, who's followed the club for years, has stopped attending due to Paul Casson's public announcement in the EM of his support for the local Tory MP. I respect his decision to cease attending. Owners of football clubs should keep their political beliefs to themselves if it hasn't got anything to do with football or the running of the club.
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid

User avatar
The Tomahawk Kid
Platinum Member
Posts: 3386
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
Location: Dingly Dell
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by The Tomahawk Kid » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:16 pm

mightywhite wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:01 pm
mall wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am
I couldnt agree more.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.
Im fairly certain that some people would genuinely rather we were pulling 200 in the Evostik, its bizarre and i cant possibly fathom a reason but im sure that this is the case.
Fairly certain? You're bang on!
There are ex fans out there who'd come back if we were at the bottom of the footballing pyramid!
Bizarre isn' t it?

I can understand those who say they'll return if we get back into the EFL.
But I can't get my head around the 'Negs' who'd return if we were playing Nantwich in front of 200... :roll:
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid

dyson
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by dyson » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Common sense really.

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by blue nige » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Check out @bbccumbriasport’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/bbccumbriasport/sta ... 70434?s=09

He's coming home, he's coming home, holtys coming home! 😀

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by boyliegladbach » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 am


sambino
Silver Member
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by sambino » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 am

Welcome back Grant I always remember that game at Oldham in the cup when he was massive for us

JimmyCrabstick
Gold Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Thornton-Cleveleys
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by JimmyCrabstick » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:06 am

Excellent. Welcome back to Holker Street Grant
Northern Lights, Ormsgill Reservoir Sundown

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5366
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Grant Holt

Post by Matty » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:08 am

Spiffing.
Popular side since '03.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Richard Ingham and 44 guests