AugustusCorpa wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:35 pm Same complaints about no stock in shop every Christmas. So much more could be done. We can’t even get the basics right commercially.
So much more could be done. But you need a strategic retail plan. But for that you need available budget. Maybe if the Cassons actually commited to a retail budget the shop would be better. That’s why it seems the online shop was set up. No need to spend money on stock as that was done by the printing firm.
And putting an apprentice in charge of commercial? Have I just read that correctly?
Commercial
Re: Commercial
Re: Commercial
It's not rocket science. Embroidered hats, scarves and gloves aren't an expensive investment, neither are Xmas cards.
We're still stuck in the dark ages - I would suggest the trust look to bridge the gap but the Cassons probably wouldn't want them to take the income generated from the use of their logo.
We're still stuck in the dark ages - I would suggest the trust look to bridge the gap but the Cassons probably wouldn't want them to take the income generated from the use of their logo.
Re: Commercial
It’s not rocket science but you can’t buy stock with thin air!
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4101
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
Investment in stock; investment in facilities generates income.
Going to Halifax the other week they have bars under the stand where you can spend money, warm up and have a chat at half time, there needs to be other places in the ground to improve the match day experience.
But we have this conversation every year.
We seem to have plenty of money to pay for overnight stays in Barrow for the players and we probably have a top 10 budget in this league.
Re: Commercial
Lancaster Branch wrote: ↑Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:10 pm Our website, which must make Tim Berners-Lee wonder why he bothered
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
I've got the feeling over the years the current hierarchy see the shop as an inconvenience and would probably rather not have it at all. See players/staff swanning about in official clothing that isnt offered to fans, want to keep as VIP only.
Bish=God
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8338
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
I really hope we don’t have a top 10 budget or it’s been spent really badly
Re: Commercial
[quote=Cillablue post_id=377785 time=1512939779 user_id=43131
And putting an apprentice in charge of commercial? Have I just read that correctly?
[/quote]
Yes but come on - Under the watchful eye of AC so everything should be alright!

And putting an apprentice in charge of commercial? Have I just read that correctly?
[/quote]
Yes but come on - Under the watchful eye of AC so everything should be alright!
Re: Commercial
Yes but come on - Under the watchful eye of AC so everything should be alright!
[/quote]
Yes.....leaving the poor thing to fend for herself for three weeks to go back to the states just after her boss gets fired is extremely supporting
Re: Commercial
Do I read you correctly that Emma’s apprentice replacement is from the States?
Re: Commercial
Sorry, no, AC went back to states for 3 weeks leaving the existing apprentice on her own
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Commercial
I love this forum, it's so transparent at times
Sweating on Ronan, Geoff Keen and Martin Lewis on this thread before we can shout HOUSE!
As for the current situation, Barrow's utter inability to merchandise properly is impervious to change.
Sweating on Ronan, Geoff Keen and Martin Lewis on this thread before we can shout HOUSE!
As for the current situation, Barrow's utter inability to merchandise properly is impervious to change.
-
Summerof76
- Member
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 am
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
Hi, Emma here!
Had a couple of messages this morning asking if I am Cilla Blue......sorry to disappoint but this is me! And no I don’t know who it is!
Had a couple of messages this morning asking if I am Cilla Blue......sorry to disappoint but this is me! And no I don’t know who it is!
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
It’s obvious who it is . Cilla blue is a former member of this forum.Summerof76 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:09 pm Hi, Emma here!
Had a couple of messages this morning asking if I am Cilla Blue......sorry to disappoint but this is me! And no I don’t know who it is!
Re: Commercial
Hooray, a former member of this forum is back in Black!!!boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:11 pmIt’s obvious who it is . Cilla blue is a former member of this forum.Summerof76 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:09 pm Hi, Emma here!
Had a couple of messages this morning asking if I am Cilla Blue......sorry to disappoint but this is me! And no I don’t know who it is!
All we need now is the arrival of Mr and Mrs C then we can let the festivities truly commence.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: liam_b82, Louis29, saltcellar, vskohz and 32 guests