Decisions being made

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Suffolk Blue »

A Marsh's 99? Dont water that down with anything. On the rocks at worst.

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner »

Thinking of donating it to the Trust, should raise a few quid
Propriety in public life is a dwindling resource. We have outsourced reason. We deserve it”

Alley_Cat
Veteran Member

Post by Alley_Cat »

Roadrunner wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:16 pm
Oh no you’re not!

russell_anderson
Silver Member

Post by russell_anderson »

Roadrunner wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:23 pm
romabarrow wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:48 am
I've got an unopened bottle of Whiskey in the house ready to celebrate, haven't had a hangover for years but it going to be worth it!
I’ve got a bottle of Marsh’s Sass ready to sample too
Nectar!

olbarrafancumbak
Silver Member

Post by olbarrafancumbak »

Roadrunner wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:16 pm
Sod that..get it analyzed for its ingredients and then start knocking it out like hooch😂😂

Bingo
Platinum Member

Post by Bingo »

Another week and still no clearer, I really don't know what is stopping the national league making some kind of statement

Wintergreen
Platinum Member

Post by Wintergreen »

Bingo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:08 pm
Another week and still no clearer, I really don't know what is stopping the national league making some kind of statement
Fear of litigation?
We'll keep the blue flag flying here...

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

Well a bit of an anti-climax.

I'm grateful to the Coventry City fans forum for the little I know that might have happened today but anybody that knows more or different please chip in.

It feels like the arguments raging such as they were mainly related to the L1 season and whether it should be curtailed. Essentially there was a single motion that the EFL members had to accept as a group to the effect that where there was a curtailment to the season then the outcome would be decided by unweighted PPG. This is not a one off vote but will be entered into the EFL regulations for the future. So there was no way that the EFL could force a vote in session. Regulation changes have protocols.

The clubs I believe have been told to go away and submit their votes remotely. Each Division then has to meet to take a decision whether to curtail or not and if not then confirm that they wish to play on. Play-off formats were outlined by the EFL yesterday. Now L2 has already committed to curtail their season so its a done deal. According to the Coventry City forum at least 8 L1 clubs have already declared publicly their support to end the season. So with 4 more votes L1 will come into line with L2.

My take therefore is that what we are waiting for is the motion to accept PPG being passed because as soon as it is it will be applied to L2 with promotion and relegation automatically assumed. The only issue is how long clubs have to make their votes and what the NL does whilst its waiting.

If I'm right then the L2 relegation issue is pretty much of a non-issue given that L2 unanimously voted to curtail their season last week. But it still could be a week or two before this is confirmed. And of course things can happen during that period.

GTBLUE
Platinum Member

Post by GTBLUE »

Wintergreen wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Bingo wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:08 pm
Fear of litigation?
Only in trying to spell it !!

chipmunx
Bronze Member

Post by chipmunx »

Suffolk Blue wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm
Well a bit of an anti-climax.

I'm grateful to the Coventry City fans forum for the little I know that might have happened today but anybody that knows more or different please chip in.

It feels like the arguments raging such as they were mainly related to the L1 season and whether it should be curtailed. Essentially there was a single motion that the EFL members had to accept as a group to the effect that where there was a curtailment to the season then the outcome would be decided by unweighted PPG. This is not a one off vote but will be entered into the EFL regulations for the future. So there was no way that the EFL could force a vote in session. Regulation changes have protocols.

The clubs I believe have been told to go away and submit their votes remotely. Each Division then has to meet to take a decision whether to curtail or not and if not then confirm that they wish to play on. Play-off formats were outlined by the EFL yesterday. Now L2 has already committed to curtail their season so its a done deal. According to the Coventry City forum at least 8 L1 clubs have already declared publicly their support to end the season. So with 4 more votes L1 will come into line with L2.

My take therefore is that what we are waiting for is the motion to accept PPG being passed because as soon as it is it will be applied to L2 with promotion and relegation automatically assumed. The only issue is how long clubs have to make their votes and what the NL does whilst its waiting.

If I'm right then the L2 relegation issue is pretty much of a non-issue given that L2 unanimously voted to curtail their season last week. But it still could be a week or two before this is confirmed. And of course things can happen during that period.
I've seen a 10 day period mentioned regarding the vote - although whether that is correct is anyone's guess.
Bring it on!!!

Suffolk Blue
Silver Member

Post by Suffolk Blue »

I guess the EFL will wait until they have a majority before saying anything. Bear in mind also the L2 vote last week was unanimous to curtail with unweighted PPG. So we might not have to wait that long.

SKIPPER
Platinum Member

Post by SKIPPER »

Mrs Palios was on local news earlier. She is certainly against finishing the season with automatic relegation. Tranmere on a three match winning run just a couple of points from freedom with a game in hand. To be fair I think we would feel the same in their shoes.

deadly wealdstone

Post by deadly wealdstone »

Greetings,
as a Wealdstone fan I have been following your forum for info on the current ongoing saga, and very informative it is too.

Obviously, we all at the Vale want you to get promotion to League 2 so that we can take your place in the National in a similar fashion.

No official info given out today of course, but this might be a hint of the way it will go:

"Barring some unlikely pangs of conscience the Peterborough United season is over as the numbers just don’t add up, so sham promotions and unjust relegations it is
Peterborough United’s 2019-20 fate is the hands of League One rivals with club director of football Barry Fry admitting it would take ‘a miracle’ for the Posh season to continue."

and:
Twelve votes (51%) are required to continue or curtail the season. Remarkably given the length of this debate already the clubs have been given until 5pm Tuesday (May 26) to reflect on which way to vote and they then apparently have five days to cast that vote (if needed)! There’s also the possibility of clubs calling an EGM, if they don’t like the way it’s going or going to go.
Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony has called for all clubs to make public which way they vote.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... it-2861526

behind the goals

Post by behind the goals »

While we wait for this soap opera to end and countless Clubs on the brink of going out of business I would like Paul Hornby to release a statement to reassure all Barrow AFC Supporters that the board of directors can get us through this difficult time and go forward together what ever league we find ourselves in, on another point what would happen if the National League null & void the season where would that leave the Club.

Hadrian
Gold Member

Post by Hadrian »

At this point, with so many variables unresolved, I don't see how he possibly can.