Decisions being made

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Shaun
Gold Member
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Shaun » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:17 am

Pedro wrote: ↑Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:39 pm
Jas79 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:32 pm

But compared with £1.2 million? Maybe there is a need to increase that 0.5m - everyone has their price.
Ironical if we go up and Stevenage come down as last time we played them was in the FA Trophy and surprisingly beat them they then went up to FL.
Graham Westley is back for a second time as Manager.
I just hope we do not get stiffed
Is 'ironical' a word? I can't be arsed Googling it.
"Walter, I'm sure there's a reason you brought your dirty undies..."

NORTHERNSOUL
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 am
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by NORTHERNSOUL » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:28 am

Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:34 am
NORTHERNSOUL wrote: ↑Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:24 am

If you still don't believe me about how relevant age, as well as other factors, are I suggest you have a watch of one of the SAGE guys, Sir David Spiegelhalter, on the BBC News Channel this morning whose job title basically means he's in charge of putting lots of meaningless figures into ones the man on the street can understand which he does very well for instance what do you think is the average age of death from coronavirus? It is in fact 81 in Males and 85 in Females i.m pretty sure I.ve never heard Bris or his lacky tell you that and he will also tell you what I.ve been trying to get across to you in that if you're aged under 45 your personal chance of dying from it is actually less than it is for any number of things we all do on a daily basis.

And here's the most amazing fact that in the 14 to 45 age group up to now the number of deaths is actually below the average excess deaths figure [ mainly due to Jan to Mar figure being particularly low this year due to mild weather and no sign of any significant amount of normal flu ] once again i.m absolutely certain that neither Boris or Hancock has mentioned that fact. I wonder Why ?
I’m not particularly bothered about you, and I reply to your post on here only because I think your attitude and understanding are genuinely dangerous. You, and people like you will affect my decision to attend at Holker Street next time. I don’t think you have the wit to understand what the problem is. You say that you wish to emphasise “if you are aged under under 45 your personal chance of dying from it is less....” etc. I’ll spell it out for you. The problem is not just dying, it is mass infection of others who need hospital treatment for an illness requiring intensive care. And then if anyone for example, under 45 needs intensive care because of e.g. a sudden illness or an accident, the resources for them are not available because ICU’s are overwhelmed. The problem is not just in this country but everywhere around the world. I did enquire of you how you would feel if you infected someone else, and there has been silence on that one. I think “spirit of 1990” thought I had a good enough point to post on here. You are a self confessed know all as declared in one of your previous posts, but you are showing that you have misunderstood yourself. As an example, your point about colds and flu as some form of herd immunity is just plain wrong, because we all know you can get a cold or the flu more than once. Also cherry picking one persons opinion because it fits your own point of view doesn’t make for a strong argument. I dare say others on here are getting bored with this interchange, and if the moderators wish it to stop, then fair enough.

Well I think that might be a damm good idea as either deliberately or because your just thick you continue to extract things from my posts that I simply didn't say and as they say there's no point arguing with idiots as it just drags you down to their level and I have no intention of allowing you to do that.

But I really do think that before engaging with people like me who do know what they're talking about you really should read up the studies on the subject instead of just assuming that just because Boris or his lacky said it it's true because believe me it isn't.

I.m quite happy to bring it to a close but I can assure while you keep coming back and twisting facts to suit your very basic knowledge of the subject I feel that it's my duty to call you out on it, for example, Where did I say anything about immunity from colds and flu because I clearly never said anything of the sort [ but actually it can be said there is against flu hence the need that that virus has to mutate each year to try and negate the immunity built up the previous season. ]

So I .ll leave it with you but if you do choose to come back then please do some research so as you at least look as if you know what you're talking about and please don't go reading things into my posts that clearly aren't there.

Suffolk Blue
Platinum Member
Posts: 3807
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Suffolk Blue » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:37 am

NORTHERNSOUL wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:10 am
Suffolk Blue wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:14 am

Unless they can find a new owner with both the type of assets of the Stevenage owner and a willingness to use them and can charm an independent tribunal I think it will be Macclesfield. Their ongoing strategy for trying to last the season out has encountered the perfect storm in coronavirus and has presented the EFL with an opportunity to do something that it would normally find difficult if not too distasteful to do.

But do we really care as long as they approve two up?
I wouldn't be so sure

Yes I agree that a sale would be the best result and Sealy is still saying he will do it once their league status is confirmed but I do think they would be better doing the deal now and making it going thru subject to the league status being confirmed but i.m told its the league that's stopping that happening which once again makes you wonder about their motives.

But to relegate a club on the basis of deducted points opens up a whole new can of worms n a Bury sort of way and i.d be pretty surprised if the FL really do want to go down that road once again.
If the EFL decide they really dont want Macc around next season I dont necessarily think they'd use a non-payment of salary issue to enact it. The additional charges levied however, could be construed as accusations of failing to act on a previous undertaking, being dishonest in dealings with the EFL and even potentially implications of false accounting. I dont believe that penalties associated with those charges would necessarily be deferred or suspended.

But it does depend on the EFLs appetite and I dont think that issue is going to be resolved today.

User avatar
Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Between here and gone
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Nigel Bamford » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:49 am

Well, the meeting started at 10:30, I believe, so eyes peeled for any relevant tweets.
It all comes 'round again.

User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by chipmunx » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:52 am

Nigel Bamford wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:49 am Well, the meeting started at 10:30, I believe, so eyes peeled for any relevant tweets.
apparently the amendments are being voted on now - but the "big" vote is at 17:30 - according to a Lincoln fan on the One Football Forum
Lancashire;- born and bred

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Adam29 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:54 am

That will be the League One vote on whether to stop or carry on

NORTHERNSOUL
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 am
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by NORTHERNSOUL » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:56 am

Nigel Bamford wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:49 am Well, the meeting started at 10:30, I believe, so eyes peeled for any relevant tweets.
The 72 club Framework meeting started at 9.30 am and they've just been letting everybody have their say up to now

NORTHERNSOUL
Senior Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 am
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by NORTHERNSOUL » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:58 am

Nigel Bamford wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:49 am Well, the meeting started at 10:30, I believe, so eyes peeled for any relevant tweets.
The 72 club Framework meeting started at 9.30 am and they've just been letting everybody have their say up to now

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Pedro » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:18 am

Shaun wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:17 am
Pedro wrote: ↑Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:39 pm

Ironical if we go up and Stevenage come down as last time we played them was in the FA Trophy and surprisingly beat them they then went up to FL.
Graham Westley is back for a second time as Manager.
I just hope we do not get stiffed
Is 'ironical' a word? I can't be arsed Googling it.
You better not google sarcasm some people are quite poor at it

User avatar
Alley_Cat
Silver Member
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Alley_Cat » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Is this the argument thread?

db1967
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by db1967 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:45 pm

EFL zone on twitter is reporting L2 announcement potentially by 3.00 but it sounds like Stevenage have just thrown in their ‘the NL isn’t starting’ card.

The bloke is worth following for you tweeters out there
Last edited by db1967 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suffolk Blue
Platinum Member
Posts: 3807
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Suffolk Blue » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:51 pm

db1967 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:45 pm EFL zone on twitter is reporting L2 announcement potentially by 3.00
That's probably because the second meeting - dealing exclusively with L1 - is due to start at 3pm.

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Adam29 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:59 pm

Reports starting to circulate that the original EFL framework has won the vote
Announcement to come shortly

Step in the right direction but still a lot to sort before National league can confirm promotions etc including when the National league can start next season.

goalie6789
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 10:19 am
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by goalie6789 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:14 pm

The EFL have confirmed that promotion and relegation will be honoured in all EFL leagues this season.

League One will now meet at 3pm to decide whether or not to end the season.

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Adam29 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:15 pm

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/efl- ... l-meeting/

Overwhelming decision

Leagues now voting individually on whether to resume play or stop and apply the framework of unweighted PPG

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mulholland, Semrush [Bot] and 28 guests