10 games in.
10 games in.
Well that’s the “give it 10 games” mark in,
16th, W3, D3, L4, GF 15, GA 14, pts 12
Whats your thoughts? high energy, aggressive, in your face football. Not one for the purists but this team is prepared to graft and it’s starting to get results. Got through a tough start with some issues behind the scenes now being put behind us.
Can we be a top 7 side??
16th, W3, D3, L4, GF 15, GA 14, pts 12
Whats your thoughts? high energy, aggressive, in your face football. Not one for the purists but this team is prepared to graft and it’s starting to get results. Got through a tough start with some issues behind the scenes now being put behind us.
Can we be a top 7 side??
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: 10 games in.
Patchy start but signs of progress. In some ways I'd rather it have happened this way round where initial results were iffy, but improving as opposed to winning the first couple after a good pre season, thinking we've cracked it and then ending up in a rut. That probably doesn't make sense.
Popular side since '03.
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2495
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: 10 games in.
We've had a few false dawn's over the years and to see progression, albeit not to everyone's liking, getting points is the most important thing.
Murray definately seems to be able to ween out the right players for what he wants and so long as we stay injury free or the club allow a few more players over the season, yes I can see a top seven finish.
It's been bloody miserable as hell this last few seasons and to see a glimmer of hope and change is very refreshing!
Murray definately seems to be able to ween out the right players for what he wants and so long as we stay injury free or the club allow a few more players over the season, yes I can see a top seven finish.
It's been bloody miserable as hell this last few seasons and to see a glimmer of hope and change is very refreshing!
-
OnlineEdinburghbob
- New Member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2025 6:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: 10 games in.
I wonder how close Murray was to getting potted? I feel ts still is, a work in progress and, whilst not the prettiest of version of the beautiful game, its showing some promise. I do fear the card count might become an issue.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: 10 games in.
I’ve been more impressed with our signings in recent weeks than the players we originally started with. Some of these lads actually look like footballers rather than just being over physical lumps, it would’ve been a very hard watch for the rest of the season.
Allen looked very impressive yesterday….
Allen looked very impressive yesterday….
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
Big_Bluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1412
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: 10 games in.
We are about par with other teams on yellow cards. We have one red and there’s a few teams with 3 red cards so we are hardly the crazy gang. It’s great to see us being more physical and fouling tactically
Re: 10 games in.
I don’t think there will be many teams who can match the intensity and physicality. Yesterday showed that. Don’t forget Southend were firm favourites going into that game. Our players never shrunk in a big vocal crowd, in fact they loved it.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
behind the goals
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2265
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: 10 games in.
The Southend commentary kept saying we couldn't keep up the intensity all game and were more interested in counting how many fouls we gave away, well we did keep it up for the full game, Southend had a player book for simulation trying to win a penalty, hopefully some will give Murray a chance and not constantly going on about his style of play, same again Tuesday will be fine by me.
-
Windy Pete
- Member
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:04 am
- Contact:
Re: 10 games in.
I don’t see us keeping many clean sheets but the fact the cue doesn’t go in the rack either when we take the lead,makes me happy.
I genuinely think Adam Murray is a good fit for us as a club and will succeed given the time.
Important to stay patient even in the tough times!
A good chance of 6pts in the next two home games
I genuinely think Adam Murray is a good fit for us as a club and will succeed given the time.
Important to stay patient even in the tough times!
A good chance of 6pts in the next two home games
Re: 10 games in.
I think the most promising thing for progression is the number of talented players who have still to get established: Allen, Mooney, Ward, Lane. I think Murray will be able to get the best - and consistency - from these players, and the squad as a whole.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8352
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: 10 games in.
Last couple of games things are really starting to come together, especially after the more recent signings. Top 7 still might be a bit of stretch unless we have some real good luck with injuries but we will have a better idea of that around Christmas time
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2495
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: 10 games in.
I think top 7 is the absolute minimum that we have to aim for and I think in Murray, that is his aim too.
It's going to be a rollercoaster for sure but so long as we keep picking up points like we did yesterday, we will do alright.
It's going to be a rollercoaster for sure but so long as we keep picking up points like we did yesterday, we will do alright.
-
SilverdaleBluebird
- Member
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2025 4:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: 10 games in.
If we play with the intensity and rhythm we have the last two matches then we’ll seriously be in the mix for the playoffs.
I was one who criticised some of the recent signings but both Thompson and Mooney look decent at this level. Allen and Edwards look football league level so it bodes well going forward.
I was one who criticised some of the recent signings but both Thompson and Mooney look decent at this level. Allen and Edwards look football league level so it bodes well going forward.
Re: 10 games in.
The opening post asks whether we can make the top seven. I am going to put my head on the block here and say, with the way I sense things are going, I will be SHOCKED if we don't do just that.
Why? Firstly, attitude. There are various components of attitude. One is the very-much-discussed-on-here attitude of aggression. I'm going to leave that alone, I just can't be bothered, there are so many others on here falling out about our supposed Cox-on-steroids villainy. Instead I'll focus on a different aspect of attitude and that is the commitment whenever we step over the white line. Now I like this! It's 100% on fire. I am seeing players throughout the team giving it all every match. I watched us go out of the FL in 1972 and then of course in 2026; in both instances I saw too many players not giving it enough. No wonder we finished in the drop zone each time. If last season we had had the commitment we see now we would not have gone down. It's chalk and cheese. I know leaving it all out there is, in itself, not enough but it's a critical no-debate must-have foundation to work from.
And so to the other crucial ingredient . . . again, a cause of much anguish on here . . . and that's quality. Do we have enough? I would have said 'no' earlier in the season but I do believe it's picking up now as the new additions settle in.
With the manic effort-levels we see, plus a growing level of quality, we really must be in the top few come May. As I say, I'll be SHOCKED if we are not. With what is now emerging I fully EXPECT it of us. Of course the only proviso is that we keep doing what we are doing now and don't let up for whatever unforeseen reason.
Having laid it on the line, I just hope I'm not boiling an egg at 10-15 on Tuesday night and smearing the contents all over my face. Or perhaps I'll be eating my hat. (Or both, if it's a crushing defeat).
Why? Firstly, attitude. There are various components of attitude. One is the very-much-discussed-on-here attitude of aggression. I'm going to leave that alone, I just can't be bothered, there are so many others on here falling out about our supposed Cox-on-steroids villainy. Instead I'll focus on a different aspect of attitude and that is the commitment whenever we step over the white line. Now I like this! It's 100% on fire. I am seeing players throughout the team giving it all every match. I watched us go out of the FL in 1972 and then of course in 2026; in both instances I saw too many players not giving it enough. No wonder we finished in the drop zone each time. If last season we had had the commitment we see now we would not have gone down. It's chalk and cheese. I know leaving it all out there is, in itself, not enough but it's a critical no-debate must-have foundation to work from.
And so to the other crucial ingredient . . . again, a cause of much anguish on here . . . and that's quality. Do we have enough? I would have said 'no' earlier in the season but I do believe it's picking up now as the new additions settle in.
With the manic effort-levels we see, plus a growing level of quality, we really must be in the top few come May. As I say, I'll be SHOCKED if we are not. With what is now emerging I fully EXPECT it of us. Of course the only proviso is that we keep doing what we are doing now and don't let up for whatever unforeseen reason.
Having laid it on the line, I just hope I'm not boiling an egg at 10-15 on Tuesday night and smearing the contents all over my face. Or perhaps I'll be eating my hat. (Or both, if it's a crushing defeat).
Re: 10 games in.
Great post….. and I agree. Starting to see the blend of the two main ingredients,... Commitment and quality.
Just with two / three late additions to the squad has made a massive difference to what we saw in the opening games and as recent as Solihull, which was terrible. Ive seen enough football down the years to know fortunes can change very quickly but for now it feels like a corner turned and they look like they are enjoying being part of it.
Just with two / three late additions to the squad has made a massive difference to what we saw in the opening games and as recent as Solihull, which was terrible. Ive seen enough football down the years to know fortunes can change very quickly but for now it feels like a corner turned and they look like they are enjoying being part of it.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Edinburghbob and 14 guests