Port Vale v Barrow Match Thread

A forum for previous match threads.
Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Port Vale v Barrow Match Thread

Post by Pedro » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:28 am

:roll:
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:10 pm
Pedro wrote: ↑Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:15 pm We never signed a decent centre forward.
Zanzala has not got the pedigree 95 games 19 goals.
We are doing well but anyone think we will get promotion need to stop smoking weed.
Drivel, as usual.
Base your view on facts less on bigotry less than 1 goal per 5 games played , as for drivel I will have to accept that from the master himself
Next you will be saying the less
Points you gain the higher you go up the league.
Learn a bit of tolerance.

Methuselah
Silver Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Port Vale v Barrow Match Thread

Post by Methuselah » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:03 am

As Mark Cooper has said our team is a work in progress.We will win matches and lose some.The Bluebirds have shown us some great football,but we won,t win every game,so don,t be downhearted as I am sure they will bounce back.We have a man with a footballing brain in charge,so I am sure he will eventually sort out the side's weak points.Who would have expected us to be this high up the league this early in the season.Just carry on supporting the Bluebirds.Just think where we were a few seasons ago.Roll on Tuesday. :scarf: :scarf:

russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2880
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Port Vale v Barrow Match Thread

Post by russell_anderson » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 am

HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:57 am
russell_anderson wrote: ↑Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:16 pm Nowhere near the level of either a fit Platt or Davies who we had on loan IMO and is now helping Tranmere to a position near the top of the league and have conceded only 4 goals against out 15 over 12 matches.
Obviously only my opinion, of course!
I agree…….but both Platt and Davies are injury prone. No idea if we tried to get Davies back but I can see why we wouldn’t have if we didn’t. Our treatment room is full enough as it is
I agree that is definitely a consideration although in Platt's case I don't think he missed too many matched with injury during Evatt's time here. Certainly with Davies, it was common knowledge that he was an injury prone player. I was though only commenting on my opinion of the relative ability of the players and your point about injury prone players should definitely be a consideration when deciding whether or not to sign any player. Devitt was another player who had a history of injuries before we signed him and this has continued since he arrived at Barrow.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest