Page 9 of 18

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:21 pm
by Ste Story
What happened to the last lot from the first trial?

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:28 pm
by boyliegladbach
Ste Story wrote:What happened to the last lot from the first trial?
Ran off an joined IS.

Awaiting sentencing I think I read somewhere.

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:53 pm
by Steelworks End
The Egyptian courts have recently sentenced eleven men to death for their part in football violence. A certain way of preventing any reoffending, methinks.

The judge in the Atherstone case doesn't have that option, but he can hand out a sharp slap on the wrist and a short spell in one of Her Majesty's holiday camps.

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:11 pm
by Freya
3 guilty, 3 not guilty Ste. Think they said they will get sentenced after all of the trials

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:23 pm
by Si_Nichols
Freya wrote:3 guilty, 3 not guilty Ste. Think they said they will get sentenced after all of the trials
Yeah I think I read that too. I know they need to have pre-sentence reports anyway which I think is a few weeks at least.

They let me out a bit earlier today for good behaviour when giving my evidence and just getting back. Hopefully that is me done now but it wasn't too bad. Obviously can't say anything further about it or I might end up in the dock myself.

If anyone who still has to go down has any questions about the process then feel free to PM me.

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:58 pm
by Holkerbird
There's the other lot who pleaded guilty and didn't go to trial awaiting sentence when all the trials are over. I think there were 11 of them.

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:06 pm
by Fartvs Antiqvvs
Steelworks End wrote:
The judge in the Atherstone case doesn't have that option, but he can hand out a sharp slap on the wrist and a short spell in one of Her Majesty's holiday camps.
Correct! But they all have the option of becoming budding artists under Rolf's tuition.

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:39 pm
by boyliegladbach

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:46 pm
by Si_Nichols
Good!!!!

In that case it was worth wasting two days

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:58 pm
by Holkerbird
Mark Johnson wrote:Is forgiveness not an option? You seem proud to announce that you are going to be getting on a train to send some men to prison. They made a bad decision or two but stop dressing yourselves up as the heroes in this narrative you are trying to play out. This is peoples lives.
Yes we are happy about the outcome of this trial too. You should be as well if you read through the court report unless you think it is excusable to attack and kick a disabled man.
Well done Si and Louie and any others who made sure justice was done.

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:23 pm
by The Chief
Me and Chris lavery also went as did an atherstone steward who I remembered was the one I spent ages going mad at so apologised for that outburst he didn't attack us.

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:47 pm
by Si_Nichols
Did you manage to get done in the day?

From chatting to the witness care guy who looked after us I have heard that several of Atherstone's "real" fans also gave evidence which helped the convictions so thanks to them also as that could have been far more of an ordeal with living locally to some of these idiots.

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:09 am
by omar36
Noticed that they av giv ther adresses in the mail.we shud gwt the ultras dwn ther lol

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:46 am
by Chris Benoit
omar36 wrote:Noticed that they av giv ther adresses in the mail.we shud gwt the ultras dwn ther lol
To do what? Wave flags and sing at them?

Re: Atherston Matters

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:51 am
by The Chief
Chris Benoit wrote:
omar36 wrote:Noticed that they av giv ther adresses in the mail.we shud gwt the ultras dwn ther lol
To do what? Wave flags and sing at them?
Quality Colty!!!

Yes Si I did, was done and dusted by about 3pm so was quite quick tbf.