AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Where was paddy Lacey today?
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
tictactoe wrote:Is there really any way back for Wilson now? Don't know what the injury is this time but it seems to be one after the other
I said this months ago.
Got slated.
He went off holding his knee then in towards the tunnel his groin seemed to be the problem
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
I was simply referring to when Edmo first arrived, in saving us from relegation that first season he did indeed achieve great things on a very limited budget!!!!!
- Moonwatcher
- Senior Member
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 9:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
I quite liked Richie Baker when he played for us. I'm no football coach, but from what I remember, (and when he played for Stockport) he was uncomfortable when pressurised on the ball, occasionally got caught in possession, or got his pocket picked taking one too many touches. He has always been a bit of a stroller, and worth putting the squeeze on, but from what some eye witnesses have said, he was given carte blanche to stroll around at will today. Time and time again we fail to do the very basics. I give up.
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
He wasent pressurised for 94 minutes today. Would get in our midfield no problem....Moonwatcher wrote:I quite liked Richie Baker when he played for us. I'm no football coach, but from what I remember, (and when he played for Stockport) he was uncomfortable when pressurised on the ball, occasionally got caught in possession, or got his pocket picked taking one too many touches. He has always been a bit of a stroller, and worth putting the squeeze on, but from what some eye witnesses have said, he was given carte blanche to stroll around at will today. Time and time again we fail to do the very basics. I give up.
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Might get a role in our centre midfield with that attitudeMoonwatcher wrote: I give up.
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
"Limited budget at first", i.e. when he came in, we were 2nd from bottom of Conference North and lifted us to a creditable mid-table. That was on a limited budget. Since the "at first", though, it has been almost unremitting dross (in fact, since he hasn't had a limited budget)The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:Limited budget?Mark Mc wrote: Can't fault Edmo as a person he's sound as a pound, and achieved great things on a limited budget at first! But I think he's gone as far as he can as Barrow manager! You make your own luck in football and I think Edmos has finally ran out!!! Do it early Mr Casson and build for next season I say!!!
It was the biggest in that league!
It all comes 'round again.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
We have these players in the centre of the park
Cowps who is a def mid
Mellor - def mid
Fofana ( where ever he may be) - def mid
ARH - ball winning midfielder
Lacey - tackle and pass
Where do the goals come from there? Where do the assists come?
Lets be honest. Edmo hasnt brought in a creative midfielder and he is paying the price
Cowps who is a def mid
Mellor - def mid
Fofana ( where ever he may be) - def mid
ARH - ball winning midfielder
Lacey - tackle and pass
Where do the goals come from there? Where do the assists come?
Lets be honest. Edmo hasnt brought in a creative midfielder and he is paying the price
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Hhhmm tackle and pass..... Sounds good.The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:We have these players in the centre of the park
Cowps who is a def mid
Mellor - def mid
Fofana ( where ever he may be) - def mid
ARH - ball winning midfielder
Lacey - tackle and pass
Where do the goals come from there? Where do the assists come?
Lets be honest. Edmo hasnt brought in a creative midfielder and he is paying the price
Where was he?
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Wilson was calling to come off after 15 mins
Personally I think he's taking the [SwearFilter] -
As for the game they were rubbish - and we were worse
If we do have a top 8 budget i would be rather [SwearFilter] off tonight - I can take losing but this negative horrible football is embarrassing
The money people spend following this team to be served up that is insulting
Personally I think he's taking the [SwearFilter] -
As for the game they were rubbish - and we were worse
If we do have a top 8 budget i would be rather [SwearFilter] off tonight - I can take losing but this negative horrible football is embarrassing
The money people spend following this team to be served up that is insulting
- glasgow_blue
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1385
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
- Location: The Barra
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Just home, went for a cpl of pints after the game with a cpl of Fylde supporters from work. They could not believe just how shit we were, even saying that that was their worst performance of the season at home. Don't know how true that is but [SwearFilter] we were awful. Really don't know how Paul Casson can expect folk to carry on paying hard earned cash to waste it watching shit like that. Absolutely gutted tonight, not just from going out the cup but the lack of commitment and interest from players and management. I've been hedging towards a change of manager for a time now and think it's now inevitable. New broom etc
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Our Goal Keeper is the last line of defence ,young and inexperienced so Edmo plays him to gain it.
On Newby he says he does not want throw him in at the deep end and ruin his confidence.
I would suggest this contradicts his first idea.
Or is it more a case that if he plays him he does show his full potential and show what donkeys we have signed.
Remember when Micky Moore was the Manager and we played Stafford Rangers and the local lad Duncan Nicholson got a hat trick and was dropped the next game.
Well PC may live in Texas but we have Cowboy who is the Manager
On Newby he says he does not want throw him in at the deep end and ruin his confidence.
I would suggest this contradicts his first idea.
Or is it more a case that if he plays him he does show his full potential and show what donkeys we have signed.
Remember when Micky Moore was the Manager and we played Stafford Rangers and the local lad Duncan Nicholson got a hat trick and was dropped the next game.
Well PC may live in Texas but we have Cowboy who is the Manager
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Well that was bad! I really wish I hadn't gone.
I think Steve Williams is getting better by the game (a + for the Edmo recruiting plan over the summer) Danny Livesey did well, no nonsense and solid. Symo has definitely found his best position because never in a million years is he a winger. Ashton had another good game.
Not going to comment on the midfield....the less said the better.
Pilks & Andy Haworth were poor and I normally like them both. Pilks sending off was probably harsh but he did go in with two feet and I suppose that's all referees need but their lad made a meal of it and left the ref with little option, as usual in these things, once the red had come out he was cured! All Andy Haworth's good work in the last few weeks just flew out of the window today, very poor.
Cooky was well looked after by their number 6 (?) Ant Wilson is now just taking up a wage (and probably a very high one) it just seems to be one thing after another, today it looked like his groin.
Grimes on the whole - poor.
Elliot Newby HAS to be pushing for half an hour or more, possibly a start with Pilks now suspended. On E N's showing today Edmo does not need to bring in a young winger....he did fine, took on men, beat them and got some decent crosses in.
Overall, a very, very poor display and performance by us, highlight.....probably seeing Danny Rowe's free kick land in Blackpool, probably the worst free kick I've ever seen
I think Steve Williams is getting better by the game (a + for the Edmo recruiting plan over the summer) Danny Livesey did well, no nonsense and solid. Symo has definitely found his best position because never in a million years is he a winger. Ashton had another good game.
Not going to comment on the midfield....the less said the better.
Pilks & Andy Haworth were poor and I normally like them both. Pilks sending off was probably harsh but he did go in with two feet and I suppose that's all referees need but their lad made a meal of it and left the ref with little option, as usual in these things, once the red had come out he was cured! All Andy Haworth's good work in the last few weeks just flew out of the window today, very poor.
Cooky was well looked after by their number 6 (?) Ant Wilson is now just taking up a wage (and probably a very high one) it just seems to be one thing after another, today it looked like his groin.
Grimes on the whole - poor.
Elliot Newby HAS to be pushing for half an hour or more, possibly a start with Pilks now suspended. On E N's showing today Edmo does not need to bring in a young winger....he did fine, took on men, beat them and got some decent crosses in.
Overall, a very, very poor display and performance by us, highlight.....probably seeing Danny Rowe's free kick land in Blackpool, probably the worst free kick I've ever seen
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Glad I couldn't find the ground!thegaffer77 wrote:Glad I didn't go.
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8336
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: AFC Fylde v Barrow AFC - FA Cup Action.
Wilson should never have started. Not seen the news on Cooky but if he is injured for any length of time we have real problems
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests