Re: Barrow v Dagenham match thread
Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:59 pm
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Only do it first.
The unofficial Barrow AFC fans forum
https://barrowafc.net/
The wrong sort of football. I've no problem with being hard as nails for 90 minutes; it's a requirement. What's the point in trying to wind someone up AFTER the game? And not even an opposition player, just the supporters. If you are a school kid maybe. And then you get booked. Really clever, like your post.Jo am back wrote:After reading that tosh, thankfully there is no above,grow some,its football.Hitthebar22 wrote:I agree with the above,
I like Tuton as a player, but I can't see any reason why he (or anyone else) would want to goad anyone about anything, particularly after the final whistle. Getting properly stuck in within the rules with the game going on is an essential, but losing the plot at the end seems pointless and unprofessional, particularly if he got booked. Even if there's more to it than is apparent, a yellow card for being nasty after the game is over seems to lack control and judgement, and if I was the manager I'd be disappointed.
I didn't see any bother at the whistle, largely because I wasn't looking and we got out quickly.
I said before that Dagenham weren't a niggly side, and it was far from being a dirty game, so I don't know where all this has come from.
In the absence of any other information to explain it, to my mind its disappointing.
All sorted.spirit of 1990 wrote:Not a segregated area for a segregated area at all, the HSE sign was working loose and there was a piece of cladding that had sharp edges pointing into the ground that could've caused an injury. The "segregated area" you mention was a very small cordoned off patch of the HSE.Londonblue wrote:As an aside - don't think I've ever seen a segregated area for a segregated area (on the Holker St end)
We'll pop in after work on Monday & have it fixed for Tuesdays game.
I hope mine never got pulled off or I will be knocking someones head off !!!!spirit of 1990 wrote:All sorted.spirit of 1990 wrote:
Not a segregated area for a segregated area at all, the HSE sign was working loose and there was a piece of cladding that had sharp edges pointing into the ground that could've caused an injury. The "segregated area" you mention was a very small cordoned off patch of the HSE.
We'll pop in after work on Monday & have it fixed for Tuesdays game.
Lets hope the children who thought it was be a good idea to rip plaques off the cladding that people paid £100 each for when we were trying to improve the ground three or four years ago have grown up slightly in the last few weeks.
Seriously, what is the point?
I'm sure Panayiotou and Bennett will not appreciate the (potentially) libellous comment with them in that picture. Risky reporting accusing someone of assault, when are these Barrow players up in court for their actions... I thought not. At the time of that photo the radio reported (check link below) that the D&R players had surrounded Tuton and where trying to rough him up, Panayiotou was trying to reach Tuton but clealy the D&R players wheren't having it. As Cox said in his interview sounds like the ref handled it well.Mark Mc wrote: Heard it was three, Tuton and Panayiotou for us and a D & R player.
Report from the B & D Post. With pictures of Harry getting a hug from a D & R player and John Still showing Tuton what he had unearthed from his nasal passage; http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_4937521