Page 9 of 10

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:24 am
by Amber SUFC
Bedsente Gomis will give you 100%. He will be missed at Sutton United.

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:28 am
by ron2022
I am a Fylde supporter and watched Dan last season when on loan. Very good player, easily the best player on show every week. I was gutted when he went back. I cannot understand why we did not sign him on.

Quick, strong, massive throw in and can jump and head a ball like he is six foot four.

Very good signing for you.

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:45 pm
by russell_anderson
I've never seen Jones or Hall play but am encouraged by the Fylde supporter's opinion of Jones and also the Sutton supporter's opinion on Gomis. I have seen Gomis a couple of times and he's always impressed me and seems to be very popular with all of their supporters who have posted on the Sutton fans site. Also Hall seems to have played at a very decent level so potentially the signings are looking good although I still firmly believe that releasing Livesey was a bad decision.

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:04 pm
by Lancaster Branch
Have a look at the fans forum video - sounds like Livesey wanted to go rather than us dumping him.

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:40 pm
by glasgow_blue
Lancaster Branch wrote:Have a look at the fans forum video - sounds like Livesey wanted to go rather than us dumping him.
That's the way i read it too, plus the fact Salford offered a 2 year deal which i believe we weren't prepared to give

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:31 pm
by The Real Slim Azza
glasgow_blue wrote:
Lancaster Branch wrote:Have a look at the fans forum video - sounds like Livesey wanted to go rather than us dumping him.
That's the way i read it too, plus the fact Salford offered a 2 year deal which i believe we weren't prepared to give

Livesey wanted to go because off that very offer.

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:39 pm
by boyliegladbach
Zak wrote:
boyliegladbach wrote:I wonder if the new assistant manager will be Gary Simpson.
I also wonder this.
I now think it will be Micky Moore

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:13 pm
by Zak
boyliegladbach wrote:
Zak wrote:
I also wonder this.
I now think it will be Micky Moore
Getting fed up of these Daily rumours now.

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:15 pm
by McMark
Zak wrote:
boyliegladbach wrote:
I now think it will be Micky Moore
Getting fed up of these Daily rumours now.
Agree, getting far too predictably correct. :lol:

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 pm
by mickycarrol
Nice to see new signings finally arriving, welcome aboard.

So with Jones, Gomis and Hall how many does that take our squad to numbers wise? Must still be a fair few of the 22 man squad PC said he wanted in place before pre season begins?

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:06 am
by Pedro
russell_anderson wrote:I've never seen Jones or Hall play but am encouraged by the Fylde supporter's opinion of Jones and also the Sutton supporter's opinion on Gomis. I have seen Gomis a couple of times and he's always impressed me and seems to be very popular with all of their supporters who have posted on the Sutton fans site. Also Hall seems to have played at a very decent level so potentially the signings are looking good although I still firmly believe that releasing Livesey was a bad decision.
Shame Livesey never stayed but I think he knew he had alot of backing from the fans and thought he could get a 2 year deal ,just coincided with Paul Casson actually reining in the spending hence departure of Livesey, Beeley,Turnbull and sale of Williams.
I think Bennett may be another to go scored a number of goals whilst playing in a better league and must be attracting attention

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:52 am
by Timhughes
It's good to see some new lads coming in but back on track to being very close to these signings are there any more anytime soon. The pre season will soon be on us and we have no rb, will Hughes play in rm again? We could really do with another 5 this week.

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:18 am
by HenneysKnee
Christ I hope not, we need a proper winger

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:17 am
by Middleton Nick
Hughes should be sent out on loan. Not good enough in this league.

Re: Barrow AFC 'very close' to two new signings

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:40 am
by Moribund
Timhughes wrote:It's good to see some new lads coming in but back on track to being very close to these signings are there any more anytime soon. The pre season will soon be on us and we have no rb, will Hughes play in rm again? We could really do with another 5 this week.
Loads of teams still have plenty of gaps in their squads - some have only got a couple of players signed up for next season. Most contracts run until June 30, and then they'll be announced as signings. We've probably got more of a starting XI than we've had in previous years at this stage, and if the squad isn't complete by the start of pre-season, we'll only be a few players short.

There is no rush at all.