Page 9 of 11

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 pm
by Soulboy
:scarf: Thanks for trying to explain.
It seems very unclear but I'm not shooting the messenger.
I hope some clarity and direction arises in next few days.
The capitals on IF re mickey Moore applying at least gives a point as far as he's concerned

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:54 pm
by spirit of 1990
Soulboy wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 pm :scarf: Thanks for trying to explain.
It seems very unclear but I'm not shooting the messenger.
I hope some clarity and direction arises in next few days.
The capitals on IF re mickey Moore applying at least gives a point as far as he's concerned
Haha...don't go reading too much into that mate, I was just emphasising the point that he might not want the role.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:55 pm
by bigmac95
ruins wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:27 pm Any chance of a quick update on this thread so I don't have to read lots of pages?
Some say we are going places, some say we are going no where, some say cox good, casson bad; some say casson good, cox bad, some want answers whereas some want to move on and leave it in the past.

To summarise, people on this forum seem to be pretty polarised.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:08 pm
by Soulboy
Pretty fed up 😅

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 pm
by EHB
I liked Cox as a manager but never quite trusted him. You can tell by his short tenures through his career something goes wrong.

I wouldn't Be too surprised if he's done something stupid.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:15 pm
by tictactoe
ruins wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:27 pm Any chance of a quick update on this thread so I don't have to read lots of pages?
Basically some know more than others about why cox left some don't give a shit it's done get over it but basically same old story - rumours will continue

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:19 pm
by Soulboy
:skill: Perhaps.... but as my previous posts the lack of communication results in speculation .
Until proper communication comes from the chairman and board we should I respectfully suggest sit back and await the information.
Paul cox could release something too.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:36 pm
by Hadrian
Pedro wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm I think the way the floodlights had deteriated the league would have been contacted by the referees saying we could not play under them.
I think he had no option.
While not wonderful, the actual lights were good enough for HD TV last season!

The condition of the towers is another matter.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 pm
by Bluebarrowman
I think the fact that MM is still here and didn't resign with Cox means he wants the job, or at the very least isn't going to walk away.

So he will probably get a few games to present his case, certainly better fit than Holt even if initially I have said he wasn't the answer.

On reflection the last few days can't have been easy for the squad and Moore so feel that he should be given the next games v Boreham Wood and Tranmere to see if he can get the players gelling and winning games.

This also gives some time to look at other candidates.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:13 am
by Kieran
Bluebarrowman wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 pm I think the fact that MM is still here and didn't resign with Cox means he wants the job
The fact that he has publicly stated he wants it might give some indication too.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:34 am
by K-Man
Kieran wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:13 am
Bluebarrowman wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 pm I think the fact that MM is still here and didn't resign with Cox means he wants the job
The fact that he has publicly stated he wants it might give some indication too.
:lol:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:48 am
by Renfrew Refugee
Why would he resign? no job to go to no money. sacked and a compensation payout

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:59 pm
by barrowfan
blue nige wrote: ↑Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:18 am Time to reflect over the last few days!
Is the squad good enough when fit 15 are! Need about 3 more decent players.
We need a captain /leader.
Manager it's pretty clear to us now the new team need stability and as much as my heart says holty my head says someone like Brabin but knowing Paul Casson he'll probably go for holty so he can be the big name and put himself (Paul Casson )back in the headlines.
I hope we sort this soon because once you get down the bottom of the league everybody players /fans become uptight and no one wants the the ball etc. for fear of making a mistake.
I hope I'm wrong but the timing of all this is absolutely pathetic and whoever is at fault cox/casson that have left us in a terrible situation.
Holt doesn't come across as strong enough to be a manager!

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:02 pm
by barrowfan
Story goes that Cox wanted to bring in a certain player and it was blocked by Casson after Ogden had his say, so undermining the authority of the manager.

Re: Where do we go from here?

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:12 pm
by saltcellar
barrowfan wrote: ↑Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:02 pm Story goes that Cox wanted to bring in a certain player and it was blocked by Casson after Ogden had his say, so undermining the authority of the manager.
I would say there is a bit of bite in that story.