BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3432
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by bluessupporter » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:42 am

Van Der Nipper wrote: ↑Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:24 pm
behind the goals wrote: ↑Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:03 pm The way Covid is spreading again attendance figures won`t matter we will be playing behind closed doors again.
That won't happen.
Don't be too sure! We are being softened up for more measures including a possible lockdown.

Yesterday (20th October) there were 80 new cases in Barrow, bringing the current total in the area to 9,949.

Fazered
Gold Member
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by Fazered » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:37 am

383 new cases. The total of 9,949 means a lot of people now have natural immunity. A lot of the new cases are children. Stop scaremongering
Just say no to VAR :sentoff:

blumooncrab
Silver Member
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by blumooncrab » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:53 am

My season ticket seat in stand sold online again to a third party. I have written to complain. Did anybody else have the same problem?

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3432
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by bluessupporter » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:49 am

Fazered wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:37 am 383 new cases. The total of 9,949 means a lot of people now have natural immunity. A lot of the new cases are children. Stop scaremongering
In some respects you are right. My two grandchildren - both under 5 - have each tested positive for covid - one of them on two separate occasions - so don't lecture me on so-called herd immunity! There are also records of children dying from covid, so where was their herd immunity? I'm sure their parents would love to know.

liverpoolann
Bronze Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by liverpoolann » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:58 am

blumooncrab wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:53 am My season ticket seat in stand sold online again to a third party. I have written to complain. Did anybody else have the same problem?
Don’t know if your seat is row h cos it happened in the seats next to me three or four people had tkts for h32,31,and I think two next to them.Two other people turned up and said these people in their seats.It has happened on at least two other occasions that I know to season tkt holders.Mr Hetherington was aware of Saturdays problem and found other seats for the people displaced but this is happening regularly and really should be sorted by now makes us look so unprofessional.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by McMark » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:46 am

It’s official their goalkeeper used the incompetence of the officials to gain an advantage;
https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/new ... at-barrow/

“I thought I’d just stand up and see what happened. I got my foot to it, and the rest is history. I was off my line, but I knew that I needed to move forward, especially standing still. If he blasted it and I’d got a small touch, it would have gone in, so I’ve managed to get away with a few yards."

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8339
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by HenneysKnee » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:52 am

McMark wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:46 am It’s official their goalkeeper used the incompetence of the officials to gain an advantage;
https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/new ... at-barrow/

“I thought I’d just stand up and see what happened. I got my foot to it, and the rest is history. I was off my line, but I knew that I needed to move forward, especially standing still. If he blasted it and I’d got a small touch, it would have gone in, so I’ve managed to get away with a few yards."
In summary “I knew the linesman wouldn’t do bugger all so thought I might as well try and cheat knowing there’s every chance I’ll get away with it”
Fair play to him

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3432
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by bluessupporter » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:16 am

I hope Mr. Pike put that in his report or can do so now.

mr_grey
Veteran Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by mr_grey » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:45 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:16 am I hope Mr. Pike put that in his report or can do so now.
Well the ref has been promoted to an EFL1 game this weekend
Bolton v Gillingham

Squiffy
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:50 am
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by Squiffy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:08 pm

Probably being a bit pedantic, but rules are rules. The corner kick that led to their goal should have been retaken as the ball was out side the arc. What`s the point of having rules if the officials choose to ignore them?

SKIPPER
Platinum Member
Posts: 3716
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 9:55 pm
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by SKIPPER » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:38 pm

Squiffy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:08 pm Probably being a bit pedantic, but rules are rules. The corner kick that led to their goal should have been retaken as the ball was out side the arc. What`s the point of having rules if the officials choose to ignore them?
EVERY corner taken in every game is outside the arc. One of them rules from my youth which somehow jus seems to have slipped off the radar.

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3432
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by bluessupporter » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm

SKIPPER wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:38 pm
Squiffy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:08 pm Probably being a bit pedantic, but rules are rules. The corner kick that led to their goal should have been retaken as the ball was out side the arc. What`s the point of having rules if the officials choose to ignore them?
EVERY corner taken in every game is outside the arc. One of them rules from my youth which somehow jus seems to have slipped off the radar.
Not sure what the rule now is but it seems that as long as any part of the ball is touching any part of the arc, the corner is allowed. I have seen liners check it and tell the player to but at least part of the ball on white paint and he then waves for play to carry on.

mr_grey
Veteran Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:34 pm
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by mr_grey » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:21 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm
SKIPPER wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:38 pm
EVERY corner taken in every game is outside the arc. One of them rules from my youth which somehow jus seems to have slipped off the radar.
Not sure what the rule now is but it seems that as long as any part of the ball is touching any part of the arc, the corner is allowed. I have seen liners check it and tell the player to but at least part of the ball on white paint and he then waves for play to carry on.
Correct..any part of the ball is touching any part of the arc... carry on lads

Squiffy
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:50 am
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by Squiffy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:47 pm

I stand corrected.

MisterPleasant
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5252
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: BARROW V S*unthorpe match thread

Post by MisterPleasant » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:52 pm

mr_grey wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:21 pm
bluessupporter wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Not sure what the rule now is but it seems that as long as any part of the ball is touching any part of the arc, the corner is allowed. I have seen liners check it and tell the player to but at least part of the ball on white paint and he then waves for play to carry on.
Correct..any part of the ball is touching any part of the arc... carry on lads
I'm surprised. I see countless corners taken where part of the ball hangs over the arc but isn't actually touching, to the extent I thought I had the rule wrong.
Don't let the old man in.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests