Barrow v Carlisle match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3546
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by tictactoe » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:16 pm

I usually tend to say that managers aren’t to blame as it’s down to the players on the pitch to win a match, however, when you have a manager who doesn’t know his best team, plays players in wrong positions, makes signings in transfer windows who are no better or doesn’t play them, blames everything or everyone else but himself and who can’t get his players up for a derby game, then there’s only one person to blame. I’ve said I don’t really support cooper as I find him arrogant and imo and only my opinion not right for Barrow, and right now I’m finding it even harder. Got to go but he won’t as we can’t afford to get rid, and if he was given a 3 year contract then bigger fools the board
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by Pedro » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:22 pm

tictactoe wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:16 pm I usually tend to say that managers aren’t to blame as it’s down to the players on the pitch to win a match, however, when you have a manager who doesn’t know his best team, plays players in wrong positions, makes signings in transfer windows who are no better or doesn’t play them, blames everything or everyone else but himself and who can’t get his players up for a derby game, then there’s only one person to blame. I’ve said I don’t really support cooper as I find him arrogant and imo and only my opinion not right for Barrow, and right now I’m finding it even harder. Got to go but he won’t as we can’t afford to get rid, and if he was given a 3 year contract then bigger fools the board
If we stay up hopefully it will because there are two teams worst tha us.
I cannot see Cooper wanting to stay here much more likely to get a few quid and tell the next club we lacked ambition and had no money

Sonofsam
Senior Member
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:46 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by Sonofsam » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:23 pm

tictactoe wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:16 pm I usually tend to say that managers aren’t to blame as it’s down to the players on the pitch to win a match, however, when you have a manager who doesn’t know his best team, plays players in wrong positions, makes signings in transfer windows who are no better or doesn’t play them, blames everything or everyone else but himself and who can’t get his players up for a derby game, then there’s only one person to blame. I’ve said I don’t really support cooper as I find him arrogant and imo and only my opinion not right for Barrow, and right now I’m finding it even harder. Got to go but he won’t as we can’t afford to get rid, and if he was given a 3 year contract then bigger fools the board
Plus he holds grudges

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11124
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by Jonty » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:28 pm

The players have got to stand up and when that whistle goes show that passion needed to win a football match. We needed to get off to a flyer with a high tempo and straight at them to keep the fans onside and the vocal backing needed. It wasn't there. That is not Cooper.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

AugustusCorpa
Gold Member
Posts: 1707
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by AugustusCorpa » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:50 pm

We never go for it from the off. Not this season anyway. I remember looking at my watch after 20 mins and thinking this is crap. It didn’t get any better.
Can’t be bothered watching Coopers post match interviews anymore. Sick of same old excuses.

blumooncrab
Silver Member
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by blumooncrab » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:13 pm

AugustusCorpa wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:50 pm We never go for it from the off. Not this season anyway. I remember looking at my watch after 20 mins and thinking this is crap. It didn’t get any better.
Can’t be bothered watching Coopers post match interviews anymore. Sick of same old excuses.
Agreed

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:15 pm

It's all so slow in the build up and that comes from banks and Tom the crab White.

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by boyliegladbach » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:20 pm

FanzoneFan wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:58 pm The real worry is the amount of players we've already signed up for next season. I think we've already got 16 players signed up so how can we make wholesale changes ?
Agree with that and we've just gave new contracts to two of the worst players.

AugustusCorpa
Gold Member
Posts: 1707
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by AugustusCorpa » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:31 pm

It’s mad we gave a new contract to Luke James when we’ve got the similar not very prolific goal scoring Gordon. James definitely not up to EFL 2 standard.
Last edited by AugustusCorpa on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

walneyroad
Senior Member
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by walneyroad » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:31 pm

tictactoe wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:16 pm Got to go but he won’t as we can’t afford to get rid, and if he was given a 3 year contract then bigger fools the board
I think the board are in a difficult position as when a managerial vacancy comes up all the agents come sniffing around, pushing their duff millionaire managers.
I take it the board draws up a shortlist, interviews them, and then chooses 'the winner'.
Trouble with this system is that the board have picked the man who comes across best in an interview, but he may not be a decent football manager.
Not sure if it happens but once their preferred candidate has been chosen, they should then carry out due diligence by delving into why he left/or was sacked, from his previous job.
That's what would happen in most other places of employment, and I hope it is the system at Barrow AFC.

andyg
Gold Member
Posts: 1596
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:13 pm
Location: Ex expat
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by andyg » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:40 pm

mall wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:03 pm
SayitagainSam wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:55 pm

The League table shows there ARE 2 worse teams! That IS fact, meaning its for REAL! 'Hello'.

Oldham has 1 point in last 6 games, with Sheridan (who has 'some idea' according to you) as Manager.

Amazingly Barrow has 5 points in last 6 games, because Rooney (who else) managed to score a goal.
TWOWORST.png
That Sheridan and Oldham will leap-frog Barrow is pure speculation, so it's not REAL.
I really hope you're right Sam, I really do-no one will be more pleased than me to be wrong.
Thing is as long as there are 2 worse teams than us after 46 MATCHES is the main thing. We haven't been in the bottom two all season my worst nightmare is that the only time we drop into the bottom two is after the 46th match.

also had a nightmare day getting to match from Manchester with the car only saw just over half the game (mainly first half) and I have to say I thought we were rubbish against a average to poor team. Thought Walsall were better than Carlisle. And how did Gordon miss that chance at the end of the first half? It beggared belief.

Finally got car sorted and got home in a foul mood and still am. The fires around Newby Bridge were rather worrying though.

FanzoneFan
Veteran Member
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by FanzoneFan » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:55 pm

I'd hate to be a member of the board - seriously at the time would you have appointed Ian Evatt - I wouldn't and look how well he did. Likewise the Dunn and Jolly appointments at the time both seemed to make sense. As did Mark Cooper - my problem with him is he says one thing one week and the next we seem to go down another route. It now looks as if Wakeling is set for a recall - great - but how come the other week we weren't risking younger players in a relegation battle.

Burnage Bluebird
Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:18 pm
Location: Burnage
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by Burnage Bluebird » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:57 pm

boyliegladbach wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:18 pm Terrible on pitch, no desire or interest from to may players.

As for off it,
Why have we now got an extra large segregation area next to to the segregation
Why are stewards guessing peoples ages and not letting under 18s past a certain point on the Holker st end.
Why are them SIA Bouncer bullies telling stewards to go and sort kids out for banging on the cladding. (I witnessed and heard that) who's in charge?

Barrow AFC does not tolerate discrimination I heard over tannoy today,

Really?
A valid point. As myself and my 14 year old nephew George walked down the Holker End today he was approached by 2 stewards who said he could go no further. Eventually he was let through once it was established he was with me. All seemed a bit ridiculous.

mickycarrol
Silver Member
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by mickycarrol » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:12 pm

AugustusCorpa wrote: ↑Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:31 pm It’s mad we gave a new contract to Luke James when we’ve got the similar not very prolific goal scoring Gordon. James definitely not up to EFL 2 standard.
Likewise Gordan isn’t either, I’ve more goal threat than he has.
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they dont know the game"
Bill Shankly

Ace
Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Carlisle match thread

Post by Ace » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:26 pm

Absolutely dreadful. We are short of everything you need in a team. We are not a team at all and that’s the managers fault. If we survive we need a complete re-build, which won’t be easy as we give out long contracts to players like confetti.
I thought Farman should have saved the first as well, tried to shovel it wide and missed the ball.
It was telling when we scored our goal, there was no belief in the crowd and also more importantly in our players that we would get back into the game. Really strange feeling.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BillyBlue, Olderbarrowfan79+ and 24 guests