Page 86 of 299

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:05 am
by spirit of 1990
jcubb wrote:Ian, just to update you on the small trailer, both hubs and all bearings have been removed, cleaned , re-packed with grease and re-fitted. All the metal framework and both wheels have been rubbed down and painted with hammerite
That sounds like a cracking job Jez - thanks.
jcubb wrote:Both tyres are badly perished so will need to replace them and it needs 8 wheel nuts (unless these are in the MA).
I think the wheel nut's are in the M A. I'll get the tyres taken to somewhere & relaced.
jcubb wrote:The wheels on the small trailer are also mini wheels so it might be worth just using them on whichever trailer you need to use at the time to save on cost


I was thinking that myself Jez but if someone has any going spare or knows someone who is selling some it'd save swapping them around all the time.
jcubb wrote:If the other trailer has no wheels and needs picking up with my big trailer and dropping off at the ground I could help with that, just let me know when etc.
That sounds the best plan, I'll be going to see the trailer today but it's in Ulverston, is that still ok for you transporting it?

Just let me know what we owe you for materials & I'll sort it Jez.
Holkerbird wrote:Can someone PLEASE change the physio benches around
I'll do it tomorrow Elaine.

Is anyone else down there Friday afternoon? If it's fine we really could do with a few more to help tidy the last bits up. Main jobs will be putting the plaques up, painting - inside & out, securing the bottom half of each advert board & possibly putting some more up.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:22 am
by Holkerbird
It will need a few people to do it Ian. I did ask Mike Forsyth a week ago if the stewards would do it but.......

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:12 am
by mrsenario
The reason me and Les carried the renovated one to the first aid room was that its not in that good condition even though it looks ok now and wouldnt be used much in the first aid room(hopefully).
Thats was the boards instruction.....the one in the away dressing room might get lots of use and is in good nick and fairly new

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:38 am
by Ilford Mouse
I think my dad has a trailer which is beyond repair - chassis too rusted to even tow it to the tip - so it could be a source of some wheels if he still has it. It's just a small box trailer with the sort of little wheels they com with. I'll find out if he still has them and wants rid.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:00 pm
by barrowfan_chris
mrsenario wrote:The reason me and Les carried the renovated one to the first aid room was that its not in that good condition even though it looks ok now and wouldnt be used much in the first aid room(hopefully).
Thats was the boards instruction.....the one in the away dressing room might get lots of use and is in good nick and fairly new
Who gives a monkeys about the away team we want them to be as uncomfortable as possible

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:18 pm
by K-Man
barrowfan_chris wrote:
mrsenario wrote:The reason me and Les carried the renovated one to the first aid room was that its not in that good condition even though it looks ok now and wouldnt be used much in the first aid room(hopefully).
Thats was the boards instruction.....the one in the away dressing room might get lots of use and is in good nick and fairly new
Who gives a monkeys about the away team we want them to be as uncomfortable as possible
+1

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:28 pm
by Holkerbird
As far as I know they want it changing over. The only reason it was moved was because the one under renovation wasn't finished and as we were playing Gateshead we had to have one for their use. That one is far too big for the away showers and is awkward to move when cleaning. Anyway I am not going to be doing them anymore as the cleaner takes over when the league games start so it isn't my problem.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:23 pm
by spirit of 1990
Picked up all the fan sponsored plaques for the HSE from Graphix Signs tonight, I think there's about eighteen although we have sold twenty four but just haven't recieved some of the designs for them yet - I'll get them sorted when people tell me what they want.

Offer is still open :D

I went to Ulverston then to have a look at this bigger trailer I mentioned earlier. The framework will need a little sprucing up (although it's fully useable as it is) it looked a bargain - ten foot trailer, ball hitch, reg board with lights & cable £20.....we'll have that!

Still need two mini wheels & tyre's if anyone can help.

On the way back I stopped off at Askam to have a look at two galvo'd gates that I saw for sale at work. Our idea is to replace the old rusty ones on the pop side that look like they're ready to fall off. These gates I saw tonight are smaller in length & a bit lower in height but when he said he'd throw in an extra piece of fence (same material) for us to extend them with - that was good enough for us, £250 well spent.
Trouble is, these gates are big.......& heavy.........& I haven't a clue how to get them here, any idea's?

This'd be a job for a heavy duty trailer, flat back transit type van or Chinook.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 pm
by boyliegladbach
spirit of 1990 wrote: This'd be a job for a heavy duty trailer, flat back transit type van or Chinook.

Jim Cooks the person to get a Chinook

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:43 pm
by spirit of 1990
boyliegladbach wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote: This'd be a job for a heavy duty trailer, flat back transit type van or Chinook.

Jim Cooks the person to get a Chinook
A tank would do if you could borrow one!

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:07 pm
by jcubb
Ian, it won't be a problem picking the trailer up from ulverston, let me know when etc. I'll ring up the local car scrap yards tomorrow and see if they have any mini wheels, them reliant 3 wheelers have the same wheels on as an old mini too.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:21 am
by spirit of 1990
jcubb wrote:Ian, it won't be a problem picking the trailer up from ulverston, let me know when etc.
I'll go with you Jez unless you can get it yourself, up to you bud, Sunday might be good.
jcubb wrote:I'll ring up the local car scrap yards tomorrow and see if they have any mini wheels, them reliant 3 wheelers have the same wheels on as an old mini too.
If you get hold of any just let me know how much & I'll get the money to you. Thanks for the help.

Anyone at the ground this afternoon if the weather is fine?

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:11 pm
by spirit of 1990
Spent the afternoon in the ground with Holkerbird, Les, Bahamasbluebird & big Al - all cleaning & adding final touch's to various area's that needed painting or fixing.

Me & Al put all the small fan sponsored plaques up on the HSE (well, all for now as still a couple ordered & paid for but waiting for a design)
I personally think they look ok but I know they aren't going to be everyone's cup of tea but can we remember that if you don't like the look of them that people have still paid £100 each to have what they want up there, this has in turn paid for the whole HSE to be cladded.
Everything we do will not please everyone all the time but it's all done for our club & to try & help improve the look of HS so we really don't want thing's kicking off like a couple of weeks ago please.

As a seal of approval, our living legend Barry Poss popped in & said how good they looked & has ordered one himself, the lady off the burger van has also orderd one so if you'd like a plaque, we're still taking order's.

Barry also took a good look around & spent half an hour talking with me & saying how well everyone one has done & how the fan's have shown the BoD's what can be done - top bloke.

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:50 pm
by DaveC
I'm seriously impressed with the massive contribution that all the volunteers have made. I'm just sorry I couldn't help at all, Sunday is my only day off and I do like to spend a little time with my new fiancée.

So many, many thanks to the wonderful bunch who, over the summer, have spent their hard earned money, shed blood and sweat to bring our stadium up to the wonderful standard we'll all see tomorrow. We all owe you a huge debt of gratitude!

Re: Ground maintenance area

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:44 pm
by BahamasBluebird
Me and Elaine finally left the ground at about 10 past 8, lots of painting and tidying done and the ground is looking great and ready for the season to start :D

Well done to everyone who has helped out in any way whether it was in time, money or both and I am sure we will all continue through the season and the job won't be quite as big next pre season! :lol: