Time to bring Gary home, could do two jobs for the price of one.mikemarshhewasgood wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:35 pm Was going to suggest Gary Stevens until I checked wiki
Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Does anyone think we'll push the boat out on this one or do you think we'll go for the cheapest option??
-
Bluebird_john
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 643
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
I still think it will be Micky Moore who gets the job.
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Who is kicking around at the moment worth pushing the boat out for?
The three favourites for the Chesterfield job, for example, are Jack Lester, Paul Mitchell and Guy Branston - all complete novices at management level. For us, it will either be a cheap option, or a left-field appointment - either way people will be [SwearFilter] off, but there aren't really many options right now.
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
I get that feeling as wellBluebird_john wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 pm I still think it will be Micky Moore who gets the job.
-
urswick blue
- Member
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
That's a bad feelingForde wrote: ↑Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:01 amI get that feeling as wellBluebird_john wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 pm I still think it will be Micky Moore who gets the job.
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
IMO having lost £2M in the last two years - even if that is mitigated by the US tax system - I think Mr Casson is now pulling back on the spending so it will probably be Moore or someone else he can get for that sort of money. Same will apply to players, both with transfer fees and weekly wages.
They say the National League is the hardest one to get out of, which PC is now finding.
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Huge step backwards if we appoint Moore if I'm being honest.
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
If it's Moore then it's the cheap easy option which I think would be very worrying.Bluebird_john wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 pm I still think it will be Micky Moore who gets the job.
how we get there i don,t no.Barrows on the way
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Andrew casson said it would be someone equal or better than Cox,that statement would suggest it can't be Moore
how we get there i don,t no.Barrows on the way
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Well,with respect to Paul Casson and Mickey Moore,there are a number of statements that have been made and not delivered on for reasons only known to the owner, so why should this situation around a new manager be any different.
IMO,unless someone with a good knowledge of this league and what it takes to get up and out of it,is brought in very soon,we will find ourselves in conference north again.
A heavy price to pay for a club with ambitions of league two soccer.
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
Chester interviewing for their new man in the next couple of days. Bignot,Graham Barrow,Dino Maamria and Ronnie Moore rumoured to be on short list.
-
Bluebarrowman
- Member
- Posts: 216
- Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 am
- Contact:
Re: Who would you like to be the next manager? POLL
As you know I'm a bit of a statto and have done my due diligence on the candidates in the poll
I have to say I have been forced to change my mind on who I originally chose based on the findings below.
Based on Win ratio and also put Cox in the rankings as guideline too.
1 :GARY BRABIN 47.3% (203 games 96 wins )
PAUL COX 42.5% (275 games 117 wins)
2 :RICHARD MONEY 41.8% ( 478 games 200 wins)
3 :STEVE BURR 40.8% ( 382 games 156 wins)
4 :JOHN ASKEY 40.6% ( 244 games 99 wins )
5 :MARCUS BIGNOT 39.5% ( 276 games 109 wins)
6 :RONNIE MOORE 37.7% (922 games 348 wins)
7: MICKEY MOORE 16.6% (6 games 1 win)
8 :GRANT HOLT 0% ( no games )
So it looks like BRABIN has to be the choice for me because I want the team to win first and foremost and looks like we would have more chance with him in charge.
Have to go some to get a better manager than Cox though and Brabin is the only one to fit the bill on stats alone.
I have to say I have been forced to change my mind on who I originally chose based on the findings below.
Based on Win ratio and also put Cox in the rankings as guideline too.
1 :GARY BRABIN 47.3% (203 games 96 wins )
PAUL COX 42.5% (275 games 117 wins)
2 :RICHARD MONEY 41.8% ( 478 games 200 wins)
3 :STEVE BURR 40.8% ( 382 games 156 wins)
4 :JOHN ASKEY 40.6% ( 244 games 99 wins )
5 :MARCUS BIGNOT 39.5% ( 276 games 109 wins)
6 :RONNIE MOORE 37.7% (922 games 348 wins)
7: MICKEY MOORE 16.6% (6 games 1 win)
8 :GRANT HOLT 0% ( no games )
So it looks like BRABIN has to be the choice for me because I want the team to win first and foremost and looks like we would have more chance with him in charge.
Have to go some to get a better manager than Cox though and Brabin is the only one to fit the bill on stats alone.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: barrow1987, Big_Bluebird, bluessupporter, Bruce, Matt, olefogey, vskohz, WillBAFC, Zuluwarrior and 37 guests