Page 10 of 12

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am
by finbar17
This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.

Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:50 am
by Moribund
finbar17 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.

Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.
He's also spouted [SwearFilter] loads of nonsense about Casson using the club as some kind of tax scam and bizarre comparisons to Nazi Germany... This recent outlay doesn't fit with the warped narrative.
He's repeatedly called for apologies whenever he thinks he's been proved right about things, so only right that people are calling him out now.

Of course, there's no guarantee that all this will pay off, but it's clear to see there's no financial shenanigans going on - just a couple of bad decisions this season.

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:29 am
by blue nige

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am
by Hitthebar22
finbar17 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.

Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.


Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am
by mall
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am
finbar17 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 am This is a show of intent that I personally needed from the cassons. Faith is somewhat restored by these appointments. If grant does sign that’s a massive cherry on top of a well assembled cake.

Don’t berate Pedro he has always stated he wants the best for the club. He will be keeping quiet to see how it works out.


Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.
I couldnt agree more.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:01 pm
by mightywhite
mall wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am



Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.
I couldnt agree more.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.
Im fairly certain that some people would genuinely rather we were pulling 200 in the Evostik, its bizarre and i cant possibly fathom a reason but im sure that this is the case.

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:45 pm
by Wintergreen
Schadenfreude by Proxy as any fule no.

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:09 pm
by The Tomahawk Kid
mall wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am
Hitthebar22 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am



Let him speak for himself. He was very, very anti Casson. Maybe he still is. I’m not sure he does want the best for the club unless it’s on his terms i.e. without a capitalist in charge. I got the impression in his incessant posts that he’d rather see the club fail than do any good under the Casson dynasty, even though he didn’t say it. Can do without that kind of supporter if I’m right, in my opinion.
I couldnt agree more.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.
I know where you're coming from. There used to be one or two on here who weren' t happy unless we were struggling. One well known ex contributor on here even stated that he only attended Holker Street to have a craic with his mates and wouldn' t be attending anymore. He then vanished.

Just hope we keep suceeding to keep the harbringers of doom away...

Another friend of mine, who's followed the club for years, has stopped attending due to Paul Casson's public announcement in the EM of his support for the local Tory MP. I respect his decision to cease attending. Owners of football clubs should keep their political beliefs to themselves if it hasn't got anything to do with football or the running of the club.

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:16 pm
by The Tomahawk Kid
mightywhite wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:01 pm
mall wrote: ↑Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am
I couldnt agree more.
I actually know of three people that had been going to H st for donkeys years and then stopped as soon as Paul took over the club.
I think it must be some strange sort of phsyche where some people are only happy when everyone else is miserable.
Im fairly certain that some people would genuinely rather we were pulling 200 in the Evostik, its bizarre and i cant possibly fathom a reason but im sure that this is the case.
Fairly certain? You're bang on!
There are ex fans out there who'd come back if we were at the bottom of the footballing pyramid!
Bizarre isn' t it?

I can understand those who say they'll return if we get back into the EFL.
But I can't get my head around the 'Negs' who'd return if we were playing Nantwich in front of 200... :roll:

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:18 pm
by dyson
Common sense really.

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:29 pm
by blue nige
Check out @bbccumbriasport’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/bbccumbriasport/sta ... 70434?s=09

He's coming home, he's coming home, holtys coming home! 😀

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 am
by boyliegladbach

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 am
by sambino
Welcome back Grant I always remember that game at Oldham in the cup when he was massive for us

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:06 am
by JimmyCrabstick
Excellent. Welcome back to Holker Street Grant

Re: Grant Holt

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:08 am
by Matty
Spiffing.